Civilization VI PC System Requirements Are Modest Enough to Let Most Everyone Rule the World

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Civilization VI PC System Requirements Are Modest Enough to Let Most Everyone Rule the World

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1351/1351744.jpg2K has rolled out the PC system requirements for Civilization VI, and they're not going to stand in the way of your world domination.

If the main PC game on your radar is Civilization VI, we now know just how much PC you're going to need to take over the world. 2K released the PC system requirements today, and they don't look that onerous at all. If you have an i3 running at 2.5 Ghz and either a NVIDIA GTX 450 or AMD 5570, then you can play the game.

Here are the specs:

Minimum Specs

PROCESSOR: Intel Core i3 2.5 Ghz or AMD Phenom II 2.6 Ghz or greater
MEMORY: 4 GB RAM
HDD: 12 GB or more
VIDEO CARD: 1 GB DirectX 11 Video Card (AMD 5570 or nVidia 450)

Recommended Specs

PROCESSOR: Fourth generation Intel Core i5 2.5 Ghz or AMD FX8350 4.0 Ghz or greater
MEMORY: 8 GB RAM
HDD: 12 GB or more
VIDEO CARD: 2 GB DirectX 11 Video Card (AMD 7970 or nVidia 770 or greater)

As you can see, you probably won't need to upgrade much for Civ VI. If you do need to upgrade, you'll want to get it done before Civilization VI launches on October 21.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Oh that's easy. Now the question is, will the game be good enough to buy on launch? Or should I wait for the GOTY edition?

Tyler Shmiff

#2 Kissboy
Feb 21, 2015
"Let Most Everyone"
Happy that this won't require anything much at all. Good to see some more accessible AAA games.

Tyler Shmiff

#2 Kissboy
Feb 21, 2015
erttheking said:
Oh that's easy. Now the question is, will the game be good enough to buy on launch? Or should I wait for the GOTY edition?
Following Firaxis standards, there will be a solid game at launch that will have large scale expansions a while in.
Things like Brave New World, Gods and Kings, or even XCOM's Enemy Within...

Kahani

May 25, 2011
erttheking said:
Exactly how good is good enough to buy at launch is rather subjective, but I can't think of a single Civ game that was actually bad at launch. Even Beyond Earth is fine as a Civ game, its only real problem was that it felt like nothing more than just another Civ game when it should have been something much more different and interesting. Expansions have sometimes made them even better, but that's always been a case of improving an already decent game, rather than making a crap one playable.

Cap said:
Josh123914 said:
Obligatory "muh Macbook" post.

Send help.
People who buy Macs pretty much get what's coming to them. IE: Not much.
But they will be getting Civ 6, as will Linux users, so nothing to worry about on that front.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
well from gameplay we saw a frigging mobile phone should be able to run graphics so horrible it makes you think you time traveled 10 years back. Other than that, yeah, as expected.

Josh123914 said:
Obligatory "muh Macbook" post.

Send help.
Civ games had a fully functional MAC ports since 4, im sure this will have one as well.