Classic Half-Life Mod Gets Next-Gen Remake

cyber_andyy

Dec 31, 2008
Paulox said:
cyber_andyy said:
This has been done in mods before.
Yes and one of them is called Natural Selection (2002). Besides they never claimed it was original.
It was just the way its was being peddled as something major and new by the op.

C117

Aug 14, 2009
Fraught said:
If it's even running on its own engine, then it's not a Half-Life mod anymore, isn't it?
No, it's not. I guess that's the reason they can make us pay for it.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
I haven't played many RTSs since... *has flashbacks about WC3*... [/fetal position]
OT: I've never heard of this before, but if it's good I might get it.

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
Heh... I fall into probably that one percent of people who was in desperate need of this news. Long ago I had discovered the world of mods and probably played at least thirty different half life mods in my freshman year of college. A few stuck with me, but it wasn't long before I was overwhelmed with work, and soon after the necessity of a new computer became apparent as I had no chance of running any new games anymore (and could barely run Day of Defeat at the time as it was). So I dump the old one for something brand new... but a few years later I could not remember the name of that one mod, you know, the one where one side plays the aliens and the other one is humans, and they're fighting for resources, no, not Starcraft, it's a mod for Half-Life... And then, years later, when I've all but forgotten about it, this news comes along. Thank you!

(I edited this thing three times to make it shorter. Brevity be damned!)

SomeUnregPunk

Jan 15, 2009
for those of you crying that they don't know anything about game to get interested, etc.... just click on the youtube video or wait till the end and you'll find a mess of videos of the original mod.

I never heard of mod but after watching the videos it has me interested in it.

wikicated

Jun 7, 2009
hahahahah we play the older one sometimes in our computer tech club at school its pretty fun definatly like to play as the aliens and this new one looks espically good

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
$10 ill pay $20 probably not <.<

But ill have to see how well its crafted first

mambodog

Jul 8, 2009
I'm pretty sure that teaser (pre-rendered, if you didn't realise) is pretty old. It was uploaded to youtube this year, but I'm sure I saw it like two years ago, if not earlier. I am looking forward to NS2, however, as the original NS was one of the most polished HL1 mods around.

Ryuk2

Sep 27, 2009
The first one was amazing! You got to believe me IT WAS AMAZING!! RoAr! I'm not crazy!
I will definitely buy this one.

KrakFoxx

Oct 29, 2009
Is this a Hlaf life 2 Mod or what?... someone might have already asked...
Also any one heard of the black mesa mod?, i believe there's a thread talking about it already.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
swaki said:
never heard of this before, and the "teaser" gives me absolutely no further interests, may give it a look some time but its important to remember the importance of good advertising, just ask sony.
Trust me, if you ever liked Alien vs Predator of any of those sorts of games, NS is an absolutely awesome mod. So much fun, so much strategy needed to win. Easily the best mod to come out of the first Half-life game.
This.. this will be awesome. I can not wait. I might go download the old version for old times sake.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
Ryuk2 said:
The first one was amazing! You got to believe me IT WAS AMAZING!! RoAr! I'm not crazy!
I will definitely buy this one.
You aren't crazy, it was so much frantic, crazy fun, though I died everytime one of those massive Rhinoceros like things fought me.

slackbheep

Sep 10, 2008
I have been waiting for this game erection in hand, for many a year.

Soon friends, soon.

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
CanadianWolverine said:
Here, have some in game screen shots from their alpha testing:

Squad Advance

Skulks In Vent

The future of this indy game looks damn fine.
THAT'S THEIR ALPHA?! I'm officially interested in this mod. Btw, trailer appears to be fairly old.

Kstreitenfeld

Mar 27, 2009
swaki said:
never heard of this before, and the "teaser" gives me absolutely no further interests, may give it a look some time but its important to remember the importance of good advertising, just ask sony.
If you have Half-Life I would recommend you download the original (its free), the community is likely extremely small at this point but if you can get a game going it will give you a feel of what to expect.