Classical Music Goes Guitar Hero in Music Master: Chopin

Feb 13, 2008
Lord_Panzer said:
I think it would be neat if there was some sort of Symphony Hero franchise that pops up when Natal comes out. Motion-controlled conducting and whatnot.
That would be awesome.
Sheepy said:
HardRockSamurai said:
[small]...and that Rachmaninov's gonna be the final boss...[/small]
Scariest. Boss. Ever.
Nah, final boss has to be Rimsky-Korsakov

Raziel_Likes_Souls

Mar 6, 2008
If it ends the same way Eternal Sonata does, I'm gonna get David Greenfield to Strangle the writer. Cookie for the reference.

But this is cool. If they make String Hero, there should be Firebird on there.
Maybe a modern one will come out and David Greenfield, Masafumi Takada, and Freddie Manzarek face off.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
Chopin is one of my favorite classical music composers, his music is half the reason I enjoyed Eternal Sonata so much. Not to sure about the rock addition though.

Decabo

Dec 16, 2009
Blanks said:
But there's already a Chopin game... it's called Eternal Sonata ... and we all know how that one turned out >.<
It turned out well. The game got good reviews, and I enjoyed it. The first and last cutscenes combined are over an hour, but they're skippable.

Chopin is the best musician of all time, but I still have no interest in any of those damn music games.

Blanks

Mar 17, 2009
Decabo said:
Blanks said:
But there's already a Chopin game... it's called Eternal Sonata ... and we all know how that one turned out >.<
It turned out well. The game got good reviews, and I enjoyed it. The first and last cutscenes combined are over an hour, but they're skippable.

Chopin is the best musician of all time, but I still have no interest in any of those damn music games.
I just felt each scene dragged for to long, but the music was beautiful and the history of chopin interesting, the combat was quirky and fun but it was the cutscenes and(most of) the characters that bothered me
I didn't get through the whole game mostly because my save got deleted and I really didn't want to go through everything again

Hulyen

Apr 20, 2009
The first thing that came to mind when I saw this is an old Muppet Show clip with Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem playing a Chopin song and Animal drumming and shouting "CHOPIN! CHOPIN!"

Seriously though, I've been wanting a classic music-themed game since Frequency. Mad Maestro was interesting, but the low quality MIDI versions of the music turned me off of it very quickly.

Girard

Nov 18, 2009
By God, first Eternal Sonata now a guitar hero-esque title. I've never been one for rhythm games but for my favourite composer I may just have to rethink that.

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
Oooooh. OOOOOOHHHHHH. I want that SO. DAMN. BAD.
Curse my classical music fetish. Especially my Chopin fetish. It's like they're doing it on purpose...
Wait a minute... THEY ARE! CUNNING BASTARDS!

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
initially I was sitting here just waiting for the "badum tish" but then I saw this article said April 15th not 1st so...

oh joy, sounds...kinda cool?

hahaha honestly idk, tho if I decided to invest money into another Guitar Hero/Rock Band style peripheral and game...I might try DJ Hero first

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
Tonimata said:
Curse my classical music fetish. Especially my Chopin fetish. It's like they're doing it on purpose...
I've already bought the game. I can see that already...

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
StarStruckStrumpets said:
Tonimata said:
I've already bought the game. I can see that already...
What?! HOW?! I demand to know! I must know!

RadicalDreamer90

May 11, 2009
Omg..This is so retarted. Chopin already has a game in this generation dedicated to him! Eternal Sonata! Why the hell do we need a guitar hero style version of that!?

axnxgxixe

Apr 23, 2009
sounds interesting...not entirely sure how the console version would work but for pc or mobile is very plausible sounding

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
HTID Raver said:
haha they should have a violin controller instead of guitar if they ever do consoles :p

but for realz, idk seems intresting
I came up with that idea in a thread on these very forums about a year ago. Symphony Orchestra Hero, where you could play first violin for pieces like "Die Fledermaus Overture", "Radetzky March", and "William Tell Overture".

ENKC

May 3, 2010
I could see this piano themed game working, if only there was a system which came with a keyboard controller of some kind...