Clever DSi Hidden Object Game Uses Ingenious 3D Technology

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
That is pretty amazing, too bad I won't be buying a DSi anytime soon with the DS2 looming in the distance.

I can see this being adapted to the Natal or Arc so they will be able to follow you and then change the image on screen, rather than tracking the surroundings. Now that I think of it, that might be what Molyneux meant when he said Natal would be as revolutionary as the mouse... No, it just sounds cool.

Benicus

Jul 28, 2008
Yay I knew getting a DSi wouldn't be pointless XD
OT: That really does look amazing but it brings up the question. Which of the big Nintendo games will use this as a gimmick first, will it be Mario, Zelda or perhaps Metroid?

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
This kicks so much ass....Nobody's going to say it? Fine I will.

Can't wait for the Ero upskirt games with this technology.

RheynbowDash

Jan 26, 2009
*super uber mega ultra waterfall ddddddddddddddddrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllll*

I WANT THIS NOOOOOOOWWWWWW!

DrDeath3191

Mar 11, 2009
300lb. Samoan said:
hURR dURR dERP said:
That's awesome. Reminds me of <url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw>this.
DAMN! That is awesome! I don't see any reason why that couldn't be implemented on XBox Natal, using visual tracking rather than infrared. Awesome!
What he did there is Natal, in a nutshell. The same guy helped make Natal I think.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
MetaKnight19 said:
OK that was pretty damn awesome. The amount of depth portrayed was impressive to say the least.
I will say! Shows some pretty good hope for the device!

Hallow'sEve

Sep 4, 2008
WOW, that's incredible...
Dunno if it's worth trading in my DS for a DSi, but geez, that sure is impressive 0_0
(should they come out with more games using this kind of tech though, then I suppose I'll have to buy an old GBA for my GBA games : P )

EnzoHonda

Mar 5, 2008
Something like that is enough of a reason to get a DSi over a DSLite for a first-time buyer. It's also a neat way to use the camera (honestly the only neat thing about the camera). What it needs is to be put in a survival-horror game. "What's in that door?" Tilt it to look, zombie jumps out, you throw your DSi across the room.

xyrafhoan

Jan 11, 2010
This is such innovative use of the DSi's camera, and way more functional than most of the camera utilizing games out there. If it comes out across the pond I'll have to bug my boyfriend to purchase this.

TraumaHound

Jan 11, 2009
Wow, that's mind-bendingly cool! It reminds me of a Wii homebrew/hack I saw where they guy made a 3D tracker headset (I'm sure it's on YouTube somewhere.)

And not to be super-nerdy but it's spelled TARDIS or less commonly T.A.R.D.I.S. as the name is an acronym for "Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TARDIS

The_root_of_all_evil said:
Does it also make your DS look like a Police Box? Because that would be cool.
That would certainly be a cool shell for one's DS! Certainly better than the ones NERF puts out.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
ahlycks said:
I wish they used this technology for something more than a virtual pop-up "I Spy" book.
Well obviously you have to invent the technology before you can start expanding on it. Give it time.

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
Holy crap, why haven't Nintendo been making use of this kind of thing already? There are so many fun things you could do with this.