Cliff Bleszinski Announces Return to Video Game Development

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
james.sponge said:
Just don't let him touch new UT, I don't care about the rest.
Oh fuck!

Totally forgot about that, lets hope he doesn't stick his dick into it.

Ahh who am I kidding, it's screwed.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Meh, didnt care that he was gone didnt care that he came back, was never interested in his games anyway.

the screenshots though, i got to say, the second one is so out of place that i may actually want to find out what the game is about (think: read a review).

Bix96

Oct 10, 2012
I can see it now! His new game is going to be decent maybe even good but it will be full of microtransactions and DRM so people will complain and reviewers will give the game a lower score. Then CliffyB will ascend to twitter to look down on everyone and rant about how if anyone doesn't like DRM they are clearly pirates.

On a more serious note I played all 3 Gears of War games and genuinely liked them but Mr. Bleszinski is a huge prick and there is no getting around that.

Korzack

Apr 28, 2010
So he's managed to get a jobs again. Good for Cliff, but we're good for men and guns, thanks.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Guy who helped design a cover based third person shooter series (and a pretty darn good one, too) returns to gaming.

The Escapist flips it's shit while pretending to not care, while also shitting on the series because of erm... reasons.

I am left without much to care about. Gears Judgment was fine without you Cliffy B so I couldn't care less if you're back.

HardkorSB

Mar 18, 2010
I think he just needed a break.
I assume that dealing with major publishers, shareholders, angry fans, deadlines etc. on a daily basis is enough to drive a person crazy, even if the money is great.
I mean, Dave Chapelle went to Africa for a few years to run away from that kind of stuff.

I think GoW is one of the better couch co-op game series on 360 so he could do some more of that, except maybe a new IP.
I always loved the "2 assholes go forward and kill everything that moves" game genre.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
If he makes Jackrabbits [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jazz_Jackrabbit] of War... I might be interested. :D

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
RicoADF said:
LazyAza said:
People really do give Cliff too much shit, I've listened to him enough times on podcasts and whatnot to know he's a genuinely awesome dood. Glad to know he's got some cool stuff in the works again.

Also Gears 1 and 3 were freaking great. People always steriotyped the series as the poster child for doodbro shooters yet ironically they were more a parody of that than anything else.
He's pro DRM, anti PC gamer and just like Ubisoft considers all of us thrives who can't be trusted because a few dicks steal his games. Fuck him, I don't pay for a game to be treated like a criminal and have them stolen by the real criminals when they turn the servers off. He's a greedy selfish prick.
Don't forget that he also thinks that used games are ruining the industry.

OT: I'm not sure what I think of the guy. He's got some unpopular opinions, but there's also a lot of things that I agree with him on. Not sure what to say about those images, but I suspect that they might just be test images to test the engine he's using rather than an actual game. Well, he's back I guess, best of luck to him. Hopefully he manages to make something good.

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
Ah man I'm not happy this guy is coming back with a potential new IP because Gears was something I didn't like and he doesn't have the same opinions of me.

Come the fuck on guys, really?

Savryc

NAPs, Spooks and Poz. Oh my!
Aug 4, 2011
Quick, tell me what he's working on. I need to convince everyone to buy a used copy and spam his twitter with a photo of the receipt or something. Maybe with "#our rights > your paycheck" on there too.

SKBPinkie

Oct 6, 2013
Fasckira said:
Sure, you may not like him but at the end of the day its another game coming out which could be amazing. We've really not seen enough to start lighting the torches and fetching the pitchforks yet.
When the fuck has that ever stopped the miserable bastards here? I've seen people here with more sympathy for fucking Phil Fish.

OT: I wanna see more of this. I don't care much for premise, story, or characters. If they're good, so be it. His gameplay design and polish is what interests me. The way the Gears games play is absolute perfection (as far as TPSs go).

It's one of those hard to describe things about action games - the "feel" of the entire thing. Gears is one of those rare games that nailed that feeling of extremely satisfying controls that rewarded your every move.

Cerebrawl

Feb 19, 2014
Couldn't care less about gears of war, never played them, never will.

But I absolutely hate everything the anti-consumer little shitstain stands for, so I'd rather see him become a footnote in videogame history than make a comeback.