Cliff Bleszinski Announces Return to Video Game Development

Josh Engen

Aug 19, 2013
Cliff Bleszinski Announces Return to Video Game Development

[tweet align='right' t=https://twitter.com/therealcliffyb/status/483650607211765761]

CliffyB is back, but don't call it a comeback.

It looks like Cliff Bleszinski's extended vacation from video game development is finally coming to an end. Today, the Gears of War designer announced his return to the industry by quoting one of the 20th century's most revered poets: LL Cool J.

CliffyB stepped away from gaming back in 2012, but he's managed to stay in the spotlight. Last year, after Phil Fish famously Starbomb video [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/126385-Update-Fez-Dev-Tells-Media-Member-To-Kill-Himself].

Bleszinski's announcement isn't exactly surprising, though. Last August, he started posting screen shots of a mystery game codenamed Silverstreak. We don't know much about the project, but now that he is officially unretired, we might actually get a glimpse of what Cliff Bleszinski is up to.

In the mean time, check out the screen shots from Bleszinski's mystery game in the gallery below.

[gallery=2795]

Source: Twitter [https://twitter.com/therealcliffyb/status/483650607211765761]

Nowhere Man

Mar 10, 2013
And I care why? Why does this guy act like he's a rock star all the time? Also, I think Gears of War sucks.

Alpha Maeko

Uh oh, better get Maeko!
Apr 14, 2010
Gears of Awesome, BRO GRAAAAHHHH-

... what?

Yeah, I like Gears, so sue me :>

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Nowhere Man said:
And I care why? Why does this guy act like he's a rock star all the time? Also, I think Gears of War sucks.
Seconded; it also doesn't help that during his hiatus he came off as a constant attention whore, latching onto any news story he could find as if to remind people he was alive lest everyone move on and leave him to the sands of time like all the other fleeting wonders who have used up their fifteen minutes.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Looking at those screens....this project looks pretty schizophrenic. What exactly is going on? Giant basketball modern warfare 2012 the last of us watchdogs?

Forget it, I no longer care about this dude. Yeah, Gears was fun for a few weeks, but you've out tweeted your welcome now.

DrOswald

Apr 22, 2011
Wait, he was on hiatus? Why? Did he just decide making games is too much work? What made him come back? Does anyone know? Why should I care?

Vedrenne

Feb 8, 2010
*ahem* THERE IS NO GOD! *ahem*, sorry.

THQ went bust before DoW3 could be finished, there'll never be another Legacy of Kain game (not Nosgoth) and this muppet thinks he's the second coming. Brilliant...

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Well, Im happy. I didnt enjoy GoW but its one more person producing games, creating more titles, helping increase options and inspiring a bit more competition among upcoming titles.

Sure, you may not like him but at the end of the day its another game coming out which could be amazing. We've really not seen enough to start lighting the torches and fetching the pitchforks yet.

FEichinger

Aug 7, 2011
Cliffy B sure has a huge ego, and this recent "I'm gonna quit making games, LOLNOI'M BACK!" fad a lot of people are having is getting annoying, but he's still one of the more influential people in this industry. I hate his work, I hate his personality, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't want him to keep going.

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
People really do give Cliff too much shit, I've listened to him enough times on podcasts and whatnot to know he's a genuinely awesome dood. Glad to know he's got some cool stuff in the works again.

Also Gears 1 and 3 were freaking great. People always steriotyped the series as the poster child for doodbro shooters yet ironically they were more a parody of that than anything else.

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
There sure are a lot of people in this thread commenting on how much they don't care. I'd suggest if they truly didn't care, they wouldn't be posting at all.

Eiv

Oct 17, 2008
I'm kind of glad. Gone are the days of knowing who is actually making your game. I think we need to put a face back on to those 'faceless' corporations.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
I think more people care about Guy-Who-Made-Flappy-Bird coming back to the industry than CliffyB. Maybe they'll team up and make Flappy Bro?