Cliffhangers you want to see resolved.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Add me to the Half Life 2 Episode 2 bandwagon.

I also want to know what happens in the next Song of Ice and Fire book, as a few of the plot lines in that were cliffhangers.

EHKOS said:
No one's said it yet? PSI-OPS! That game had the best physics for telekinesis. It was amazing and I played so much of it.
Yes, yes yes.

I have never played a game with psychic powers as well done and enjoyable as that game. That said, I don't recall it being a cliffhanger.

craddoke

Mar 18, 2010
Count me as another vote for Longest Journey / Dreamfall.

I've rooted against Secret World from its announcement because of my need to see the conclusion to Tornquist's best work - how can anyone just live their life without wondering everyday if Crow is okay?

Fractral

Tentacle God
Feb 28, 2012
SajuukKhar said:
Woodsey said:
We're playing through periods of a continent's history - there's not going to be any grand conclusion to that aspect.
Except the entire meta-story hidden behind that.

Tamriel is built upon, and kept stable, by magical towers each of which has been destroyed throughout the games becuase the actions of the heroes in those games.

Brass-Tower was destroyed in Daggerfall
Red-tower was disabled in Morrowind
White-Gold tower was disabled in Oblivion
Crytsal-Tower was destroyed off camera during Oblivion
Snow-Tower was disabled sometime during Skyrim

The entire world has been coming apart because the magical forces that hold it up have been destroyed or disabled.

In their quest to save the world from some great evil the heroes of the Elder Scrolls games have been systematically smashing the very pillars that hold up the world itself.

Elder scrolls series lore write Micheal Kirkbride has confirmed this is all leading to something.
I thought that that had something to do with the aldmeri trying to destroy the human races or something... also since when was White Gold Tower destroyed? Was it in the great war? And the other towers? Besides, the adamantine tower is still standing, (i think?) so maybe we'll see that in the next game.
It always amazes me how much you can miss in TES games- If I hadn't read the wiki I'd never know any of this stuff.

el_kabong

Shark Rodeo Champion
Mar 18, 2010
Like others, I would like to see a Space Marine sequel. However, I'm not sure how much of a cliff-hanger it really is.

In the 40K universe, someone being charged with heresy typically only ends one of two ways. Death or becoming a servitor. Neither of which mean that Titus is making it out of this intact.

While there are some interesting theories about what COULD happen to Titus that don't involve him being tortured to death or lobotomized, I find them akin to conspiracy theories based on circumstantial evidence. Until I see that THQ says otherwise, Titus was a dead man walking at the end of the first game.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Fractral said:
I thought that that had something to do with the aldmeri trying to destroy the human races or something... also since when was White Gold Tower destroyed? Was it in the great war? And the other towers? Besides, the adamantine tower is still standing, (i think?) so maybe we'll see that in the next game.
It always amazes me how much you can miss in TES games- If I hadn't read the wiki I'd never know any of this stuff.
No, the destruction of the towers has nothing to do with the Aldmeri, though it certainly helps them in their goal to unmake the world. The Aldmeri seek to remove Talos who is Lorkhan reborn, because he posses the largest remaining stability to Mundus, the mortal plane.

Also I said White-Gold was disabled not destroyed.

Each tower is powered by a stone, White-Gold's stone was the giant Alyeid soul gem that made up the center part of the Amulet of Kings, the same amulet Martian destroyed, with its destruction White-Gold went "offline" so to speak.

-Orchalic Tower, built by the Left-Handed Elves, was destroyed by the Redguards when they blew up their homeland of Yokuda.
-Brass Tower, also known as Numidium, built by the Dwemer, was destroyed by Zurin Arctus, the Underking, at the end of Daggerfall.
-Red Tower, also known as Red Mountain, built by the gods, was deactivated when the Nerevarine freed the Heart of Lorkhan, Red-Tower's stone, from the enchantments that bound it, allowing it to go... somewhere.
-Greep-Sap, also known as Falinsti, the walking tree capitol city of the Bosmer, was deactivated by unknown means shortly before the Oblivion Crisis, presumed to be the work of the Mythic Dawn.
-Crystal Tower, built by the Altmer, was destroyed by the armies of Dagon during the Oblivion Crisis.
-White-Gold Tower, built by the Alyeids, was deactivated when Martin destroyed its stone, the Amulet of Kings
-Snow-Tower, also known as The Throat of the World, built by unknown hands, though presumed to by the Flamer or the gods, was disabled sometime shortly before Skyrim.

Only Adamantine tower still stands to hold up reality.

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
kman123 said:
Bulletstorm is just goddamn tragic.

Only because it'll never get a sequel :(
Hold me, that we may remember the giant robot dinosaur tallywhacker. :( I finished bulletstorm, found out there will never be a sequel, and cried a single, manly tear.

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
Aylaine said:
Half Life 2. No other game can compare to that at this point for me. :/

In fact, whenever I try to think of another cliffhanger, that one replaces it! xD
I think the slogan for Half Life 3 is swiftly becoming "U mad Bro?" Damn valve, destracting us with sourcefilmaker...and hats.... and portal.... and hats....

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
For me it'd be the ending of Republic Commando.

Well, actually, it'd be "Where the hell is Sev?" Because I'm not considering him dead until I see his body!

SpectacularWebHead

Jun 11, 2012
kyosai7 said:
solemnwar said:
kman123 said:
Bulletstorm is just goddamn tragic.

Only because it'll never get a sequel :(
^--- This

Maybe we should start a petition. "BULLETSTORM 2 PLZ"
Mostly because want to see if Grayson and Commander Shephard Trishka remain as just friends or if they were going to go "herp-a-derp they make the kisses now!". Which always seems to happen.
[sub][sub]Although I would be lying if I said I didn't ship it a little...[/sub][/sub]

Otherwise, NecroVisioN. Jesuuuus.
You end up stuck in Hell and giving humanity "breathing room" for the inevitable invasion from it, and I believe end up serving the devil or something? That game was kind of hard to follow, a lot of the cutscenes introduced characters and plotpoints that came right the fuck out of nowhere... But I want to know what happens dammit.
I just want more Bulletstorm for more of Grayson's quotes and more of that "best FPS I've ever played" gameplay.

"I'll kill your dick!"
"What does that even mean?! Well... I'LL KILL YOUR DICK! HOW DO YA LIKE THAT?!"
"I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker, but I never got the chance to tell 'im. He will be remembered."

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
hazabaza1 said:
Twilight_guy said:
Tanis said:
Viewtiful Joe:
Two games, of a planned trilogy.
Got killed by Crapcom.

:/
This. Also, Prince of Persia(2008). I personally hold every gamer who bitched about it being too easy for this game not getting a sequel and an ending. I will hunt you down and show you how much worse not being able to die can be. *crazy eyes*
I believe it had some DLC released that resolved the ending.

OT: My Name is Earl. Dammit, why did it get cancelled?
That DLC didn't resolve squat. It gave an epilogue hat was meant to lead into a larger story. Y u no resolve story Ubisoft?

Flight

Mar 13, 2010
I want to see the Legacy of Kain series resolved. I won't get my hopes up or a new entry or even a reboot, especially since Tony Jay passed, but some Word of God on the subject would be nice.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Twilight_guy said:
hazabaza1 said:
Twilight_guy said:
Tanis said:
Viewtiful Joe:
Got killed by Crapcom.

This. Also, Prince of Persia(2008). I personally hold every gamer who bitched about it being too easy for this game not getting a sequel and an ending. I will hunt you down and show you how much worse not being able to die can be. *crazy eyes*

That DLC didn't resolve squat. It gave an epilogue hat was meant to lead into a larger story. Y u no resolve story Ubisoft?
Oh. Never played the DLC so all I remember is it advertising "an expanded look at the ending" or some bollocks.

Roggen Bread

Nov 3, 2010
Crysis 1. What happened to Nomad ffs?!

And I can't believe no one has said that: Inception.
Every time I watch this in hope of finding a conclusive ending it stays open.

Eddy-16

Jan 3, 2011
Innegativeion said:
Metal Arms: Glitch in The System. I know the creators have already pretty much revealed what Glitch is, but it would've been nice to see it in a game. Also who the morbots were and the purpose of iron star, plus what Dr. Exavolt was planning to do next.
This, apparently Swingin Ape had already finished most the character and enemy animations when Blizzard bought them and put it on "hold".

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Roggen Bread said:
Crysis 1. What happened to Nomad ffs?!

And I can't believe no one has said that: Inception.
Every time I watch this in hope of finding a conclusive ending it stays open.
Nomad is dead, it was explained in some comic.

He took a big ass missile in the face to protect Prophet and Psycho.

vid87

May 17, 2010
What happened in the timeline between Megaman and Megaman X? All I can picture from what I know is that everyone ends up dead somehow.

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
Twilight_guy said:
Tanis said:
Viewtiful Joe:
Got killed by Crapcom.

The original ending to Donkey-Owner of Persia was BRILLIANT. the DLC destroyed it

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
8-Bit_Jack said:
hazabaza1 said:
Twilight_guy said:
Tanis said:
Viewtiful Joe:
Got killed by Crapcom.

The original ending to Donkey-Owner of Persia was BRILLIANT. the DLC destroyed it
The Prince "or donkey-owner, or whatever" was a bit retarded tbh.

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
8-Bit_Jack said:
hazabaza1 said:
Twilight_guy said:
Tanis said:
Viewtiful Joe:
Got killed by Crapcom.

The Prince "or donkey-owner, or whatever" was a bit retarded tbh.
He was, but the ending wasn't

Chaos Incarnate

Swiggity Swag
Jan 31, 2010
It wasn't really a cliff hanger but I'd like to see what happens after the end of Dark Souls. Maybe a quick Dlc pack where you get to see a little more of the age of fire or dark.