Clip: Robin Williams' Final Role Will Be As Man's Best Friend

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Clip: Robin Williams' Final Role Will Be As Man's Best Friend

Robin Williams' final performance will be as Simon Pegg's talking dog in Terry Jones' Absolutely Anything.

One of the saddest stories reported this year was the news that Robin Williams <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/136770-Robin-Williams-Dead-From-Suspected-Suicide>tragically lost his life after years of struggling with depression. It also lends a significant amount of weight to what has now become his final performance: a voice acting role alongside Simon Pegg for Absolutely Anything, a film by Monty Python alum Terry Jones.

Absolutely Anything has been in the works for almost twenty years, but it finally coming to fruition recently thanks to additional financing. Pegg stars in the film as a disillusioned teacher visited by aliens, who grant him the power to do absolutely anything that he can express in words. Williams was one of the first actors to join the project, where he lent his voice to Dennis, a dog granted the ability to speak and reason by Pegg's character. But where Pegg hopes Dennis will have an intelligent conversation with him, Dennis still has the personality and attention span of your average pooch, leading to some great exchanges in the attached clip.

Dennis certainly isn't going to be Williams' most iconic role when compared to his heyday in the 80s and 90s. But it shouldn't surprise anyone that Absolutely Anything will draw fans to theaters to hear his voice one final time.

Source: Deadline

Danial

Apr 7, 2010
So it's a Sci-fi Comedy with Robin Williams, Simon Pegg, Kate Beckinsale, Simon Pegg, all but one of the Remaining Pythons AND Simon Pegg staring. Yeah... Yeah I will be seeing this.

Bloody Nora will i be seeing this.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
So it's kind of like a comedical version to Limitless and Lucy (a person being obtain god like ability). Having the late Robin Willaims role in it is just an added bonus (come on, you got to do something funny when you got god like powers)!

AidoZonkey

Musician With A Heart Of Gold
Oct 18, 2011
Simon Pegg, Robin Williams, Made me laugh in a short clip, yup I think I will have to see this movie

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
I am so glad that Williams' final role will be something of quality. I was worried he'd end up in the same boat as Orson Wells having his last major role be some rehashed junk for kids. I mean we have the director and star of Citizen Kane having his last role be in the crappy cartoon Transformers film. And Williams almost got stuck with the third Night at the Museum film.

ron1n

Jan 28, 2013
Robin Williams as a dog. Don't think you can get anymore perfect a match than that haha

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
I will admit that at first I could only see this as being terrible. It just sounded like such a bad idea.

And yet, it worked. Simon Pegg is one of the best comedy actors in years. Seriously, he's probably the closest we've got to Robin Williams now that Williams has passed. So one could see this as a sort of passing the torch. At least as comedic actors go.

And, of course, Williams was great in the clip. I could half imagine him running around and acting like a fool while recording this.

It really sucks to lose all these great performers, but it's always nice to have one last hurrah with them.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
So... he has the power to do Absolutely Anything, and he has somehow not made himself an immortal god yet?

I really don't understand some people.

FirstNameLastName

Premium Fraud
Nov 6, 2014
Alar said:
So... he has the power to do Absolutely Anything, and he has somehow not made himself an immortal god yet?

I really don't understand some people.
And why is his house/apartment so grimy?

Ten Foot Bunny

I'm more of a dishwasher girl
Mar 19, 2014
Definitely going to see this, if anything to hear Robin's voice in the theater for the last time. The tricky part will be finding an industrial-sized box of tissues for the drive home.