Clockwork Empires - Simulated Colonies and Elder Gods

Encaen

May 6, 2005
Clockwork Empires - Simulated Colonies and Elder Gods

Gaslamp Games' upcoming Clockwork Empires blends Lovecraft-esque mythology and cults with a colonial SimCity, and a steampunk aesthetic.

Read Full Article

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
My first thought after reading that was "Hm, that sounds an awful low like Dwarf Fortress."

Then again, DF hasnt seen an update for nearly 2 years now, nor does it have cults (...yet) so it may be worth a shot pending its Certification of Not Shit.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
gigastar said:
My first thought after reading that was "Hm, that sounds an awful low like Dwarf Fortress."

Then again, DF hasnt seen an update for nearly 2 years now, nor does it have cults (...yet) so it may be worth a shot pending its Certification of Not Shit.
Well I'm pretty sure that this game won't have the insane amount of depth that DF has. I'm equally sure that its interface won't be as god awful...

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
I've been following this game for a long time and it looks great. Obviously it won't have dwarf fortresses depth or breadth but that doesn't mean it can't be fun.

If Gaslamp can do for DF what they did for roguelikes with Dredmor then this will certainly be sucking up a lot of my time.

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
gigastar said:

That's one of the most neat things about Dwarf Fortress, I think. It'd be very difficult to make it appeal to a broader or to different audiences without altering or cutting large parts of the game's spirit, bumping it slightly in transit so to speak.
However, the good ideas from that game goes on to inspire other games, with different focus, objectives, feel... I just like to see the influences of DF spreading.

I wonder if Great Armok is featured amongst the cosmic horrors of this game?