Closest you've gotten to accidently killing your self

Darzen

Aug 27, 2009
Closest i've gotten was 2 days ago.
i had my headphones while i was playing DDO and i got bored waiting for it to load.so i decided to spin around in my chair and the headphone cord wrapped around my neck very tightly and i couldn't breath.i panicked and it didn't occur to me to spinn the opposite way.luckily it did occur to me after a couple seconds and i was able to unwrapp the cord from around my neck.

Dungus

Nov 18, 2009
One time I wanted to cross the street, but my stupid self thought it was okay not to look left or right. So I took one step when a friend pulled me back by my hoodie and a tram ran by like one inch from my foot.

Still owe him for that.

Thedayrecker

Jun 23, 2010
Decided to post this here cause your other post (by the way you double posted) seems to be less lively.

OT: Once (while high) me and my friends saw an aligator, and decided to throw something at it. What should we throw? Of course, doughnuts, that we bought on an impulse because, hey, we were high.

Long story short it came out of the water and I assume it chased us, but I was running away to quickly to look.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
There was this concession trailer my uncle had, I was playing in it (don't ask why) The very heavy door was unsecurely fastened, I tried to slide out the door, and the door was closing fast, pulling an indy like move, I slid out feet first. Narrowly avoiding decapitation.

And I only realized it after I was told, god I was a dumb little bastard.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
I fell off a cliff once.

The little ledge 5 foot down the cliff saved me, the ledge itself was about 4 foot across so if I fell just a little bit to either side I probably wouldn't be writing this.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
I walked away from an auto accident in 2004 that totaled the car. I was driving...

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009
Edit: Though my previous post was on topic, I'd rather not explain how it was self-inflicted.

Let's go for something more basic: one time, I took a few shots of tequila, and tried to climb my fence onto the roof of my house. Now, the footholds are inch-thick two-by-four reinforcements on the inside. They're covered in mold, and were damp as hell at the time, meaning they were beyond slick. So, I slipped and fell from about six feet up, and landed face-first on the handle of an upturned wheelbarrow. I'm surprised I didn't impale my head, let alone sustain any lasting injury whatsoever. Just one of those weird things, I guess.

Mr. Gency

Jan 26, 2010
I was walking home once and saw a rail next to an opening to an alleyway. I decided to jump over the rail, but changed my mind just as quickly. Instead I imagined my self doing it, and sure enough, imaginary me got ran over by a car.

That's the best I got.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
Cut myself pretty bad with some glass a couple of years back. There was a lot of blood so I thought I had cut a major artery. Freaked me right the fuck out.

Kpt._Rob

Travelling Mushishi
Apr 22, 2009
Used to have some drug problems, and kind of a big problem for me was Nitrous Oxide. The big problem anyone has with Nitrous Oxide, and the one I had, is not that its physiological affects on the body are damaging (it can give you a serious vitamin B defficiency, but that's about it), it's that it's so addictive that people will suffocate trying to get as much as they can. Let's just say I had some close calls taking it alone sitting in a pitch black room while already hopped up on a number of other substances. It distorts your sense of time, so you can't acurately judge how close you might actually be to suffocating.

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
Working a late shift at 3 in the morning comeing home I fell asleep at the wheel and fliped my car into a storm drain full of water. The car was totaled but managed to get out pretty quick before going into shock and passing out in the street.

Some how I survived...

I'm going to hug my mom now.

Thedayrecker

Jun 23, 2010
bleachigo10 said:
Cut myself pretty bad with some glass a couple of years back. There was a lot of blood so I thought I had cut a major artery. Freaked me right the fuck out.
Just remember, if the blood coming out of the wound is bright red/almost pink, and it comes out in spurts, you've hit an artery.

Chester41585

Mar 22, 2009
While setting a blasting charge, attached the charge to the detonator before inserting it into its hole.
The detonator box was armed.

Always_Remain

Nov 23, 2009
I've almost been hit by cars numerous times.

Almost fell off of a large parking lot building.

Also about two days ago I was over at a friend's house and I made a mini bomb out of a bunch of little fireworks and it went off almost immediately after I lit it. Not a burn on me. I tend to have high luck in incredibly stupid and or reckless situations. Well until I die from one.

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
Probably the time I bashed my head against the corner of a table when I was a baby. I have a scar about one inch from my eye. I don't know if that would have killed me, but I could have gone blind.