Closest you've gotten to accidently killing your self

Betancore

Apr 23, 2010
Accidentally. Right. Well I often don't look where I'm going, and I'm seriously grateful for all the people who've pulled me back onto the sidewalk. I've stepped into the paths of oncoming cars way too many times. Also once a few of my friends lit up a deodorant can right in front of me without warning me first. Scared the shit out of me. And I've had a lot of accidents on my skateboard too; I tend to veer off into epic collisions.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Pain week.

Every year my freidns and i put ourselves through the dumbest and most painful things we can. I think the closest i ever came was the shaving day challenge, where we took hand held circular saws and shaved our legs, arms, and even faces. You need a steady hand.

The second time was during the same week when we took our sharpened yard sticks and just took whacks at each other to see who could take more scars. start at the feet and go up.

Jordan13X

Dec 17, 2009
On three occasions have I almost killed myself.

1-I was sledding and i went off course and headed straight for a bench at a high speed (for sledding.) Luckily, I lowered my head in time and avoided a perhaps fatal concussion.

2-I was at the local swimming pool and I hap met up with some friends that were better swimmers than myself. They decided to jump into the deeps end whiles the wave machine was on. They convinced me to try jumping in. While I was airborne, I remember that my only swimming skill was dog-paddling. I would have drowned if it weren't for some random guys who help me onto their "board float-thing." I never talked to those friends after wards.

3-I was hanging out on my porch and I wanted to show off to my brother by jumping off the railing of the porch. As I dropped from the rail, a nail caught the back of my pants and stopped my forward momentum. I was able to grab the railing before I hit the ground. It was only an 8 foot drop but I would have smashed my face against a nearby rock.

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
Well, a few years ago I was chasing my little brother around the house and we knocked the TV in the kitchen off the wall and the cable was pulled in half. Me, thinking that it had also came out of the plug decided to put the 2 pieces back together so my parents wouldn't notice and BAM! Scared the shit out of me, my eyesight has also never been the same since...

SeriousSquirrel

Mar 15, 2010
A friend and I were hanging out, and decided to go to taget. Since the nearest crosswalk was several-hundred yards in the other direction we decided to j-walk. Too busy sipping on a coke I neglected to look both ways, and a bus came cruising by a foot from my face.

And about a year earlier, a friend and I got off the bus, and crossed the street. The bus blocked my view and a car came to a screeching halt about an inch away from me. Oddly both of these events took place within about 300 yards of each-other

Killerscape

Jul 25, 2010
Slammed the front brakes after speeding down a steep hill. Without a helmet.

Lets just say that my chin was never the same.

Funkiest Monkey

Jul 10, 2010
I almost drowned when I was a child. Jumped straight into the deep-end of the swimming pool, sunk like a brick, and no-one noticed. I remember almost blacking out, when my uncle came in and grabbed me. Everyone was as fucking surprised as I was when he came to the surface holding me, spluttering water everywhere.

"Wow! I thought I had my arm-bands on! Sorry!"

It's a shame my level of common sense hasn't increased since then.

Sentox6

Jun 30, 2008
A toss-up between squeezing a car between a concrete pillar and a moving rubbish truck at 65mph (the truck was coming from the opposite side as the pillar and closing the gap up) or crashing a motorbike into a ditch at about 50mph.

I should probably stay off the road.

ParkourMcGhee

Jan 4, 2008
Not that close really... I have fallen down stairs, cracked my head open, and electrocuted myself PLENTY of times (once on a street light). But I don't think that I've gotten anywhere near killing myself :/.

Edit:
SL33TBL1ND said:
I used to have a study bunk a long time ago and a waist high bookcase slightly in front of the ladder. I once fell straight off the top and nearly slammed my neck into the top edge of the bookcase. Thankfully I grabbed onto the ladder at the last second.
You just reminded me, I had a bunk, and was leaning over it... talking to certain people *cough*sister*cough* and they pulled my hand so I fell straight down hitting the shelves opposite bringing down a mountain of toys and miniature furniture with me as I fell. Ow. She was on the lower bunk so she was unaffected by the entire situation - I was about 6 or 7 at the time.

Another one of my painful and funny (as in you are such a dumbass funny) experiences, but I don't believe it was life threatening :/

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
In a moment of absolutely awful childishness when I was nine (okay, so I was still a child) I insulted a German-person by comparing them to Hitler.

I lived in Germany at the time and I spoke pretty loud. I also ran pretty fast too.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
not killing myself, but a friend of mine almost crushed me against a fence with his car.. as I was getting in, he pulled out backwards with me still half out of the car.. I just managed to get into the car before the door was ripped off by a fence.

JohnTomorrow

Green Thumbed Gamer
Jan 11, 2010
Worked as a stage hand for a few years, setting up stages and stuff for concerts and things. Was trying to plug something into a three-phase board then woke up about two meters away from it. Apparently some asshole hadn't shut it off, and i got a massive whack of electricity. I couldn't feel my hands for several hours afterwards, and to this day my wrists still hurt sometimes.

Tim_Buoy

Jul 7, 2010
well two time come to mind i was cooking a potato in my microwave when it explodded and caught some of the kitchen on fire including me

and another time when i was just learning how to drive and i had recently acquired my permit as i was driving a large van ran a red light and almost t-boned my car the several minutes later i was making a turn when a driver in the other lane cut me off and i swerved into the corner gas station stopping inches from the pump