Closest you've gotten to accidently killing your self

Chefodeath

Dec 31, 2009
I used to have a ring shaped like a cross. As a nervous habit, I used to check on the thing. One time, I accidentally swallowed it, and it lodged in my wind pipe. If I hadn't had the sense to grab it before it got too deep, it probably would have tore my throat up good.

So in conclusion, I almost got killed by Jesus!

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
I nearly died when the ladder I was standing in started to slide to the side, my cousin who was holding it decided to leave for a second to get a drink. 32' up I had no choice but to grab a cross beam on the wall and yell for help. I hung for about a minute before my cousin returned and picked up the ladder. I was pissed.

Sallix

Apr 9, 2008
I was surfing in very rough weather of the coast of North Cornwall. I managed to catch a decent wave, put too much pressure near the front of my board and fell forwards. The board hit me on the back of the head and stunned me for a few seconds, all the while being dragged along by the board while underwater. I think this all happened in the space of about 10 seconds.

Skorpyo

Average Person Extraordinaire!
May 2, 2010
When I started attending tech-school to become a mechanic, one of the first things they teach is (ironically enough) safety.

They do this by having you memorize the locations of fire extinguishers, chemical properties, etc.

But most important is putting a vehicle up in the air with a lift. These lifts use 4 arms, each on a large steel pin, to contact points on the four corners of a vehicle.

With the vehicle (an early 90's Ford Bronco, around 2 1/2 tons) in the air, the whole class (myself included) proceeded to wander around underneath.

I noticed that one arm was looking a little saggy. Lo and behold, the pin was itching to pop right the hell out, which would have dropped the truck on about 13 people (again, me included).

Other than that, I got hit (on foot) by a Cavalier that ran a stop sign.

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
Thedayrecker said:
Once (while high) me and my friends saw an aligator, and decided to throw something at it. What should we throw? Of course, doughnuts, that we bought on an impulse because, hey, we were high.

Long story short it came out of the water and I assume it chased us, but I was running away to quickly to look.
This made me laugh out loud.

OT: I went driving for the first time yesterday, so I was notoriously close to accidentally killing myself and everyone I drove near.

era81

Jun 11, 2009
We had just come off a raid in Kirkuk and we had stopped because we had found some showers we could use and my buddy had a bag in the back of a Humvee with some toiletries so I grabbed it not thinking of the fully loaded 24k gold Makarov pistol or the possibility of a sniper in a warzone.Well I had takin special care to take off my jacket and grab the bag right as I turned it hit me threw the bag and right threw the pistol but the gun saved my life all that hit me from the round was the steel core but I also took some of the pistol if it had happend just a few minutes earlier I would have had video of it.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
well when I was younger I almost choked on a sour straw at lunch and the cafeteria lady didn't help me because I didn,t do the hands around your neck thing

Sgt AssHead

Jun 28, 2010
A friend of mine threw a roman candle in a bon fire. It went off, shot straight at me, hit me in the leg, and proceeded to set my pants on fire. Not really a near death experience, but pretty damn scary.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
I almost drowned when I was a kid after jumping in a pool when I still hadn't learned how to swim.

Also one time I was hanging out with some people who were shooting targets with shotguns and one of the targets fell down. I go to pick it back up but some ten year old kid grabbed one of the guns and shot at the target before I could get out of the way. I jumped away literally half a second before they hit me and I nearly strangled the kid after that.

Gindil

Nov 28, 2009
Cut my leg open at 8. If anyone wants to see a pic, I still have a gnarly scar. It was all the way to the bone.

JordanXlord

Mar 29, 2010
i was forced to watch the new twilight movie...lucky me that my body Shuted Down to Protect myself...

so i was lucky

dthvirus

Oct 2, 2008
Slammed my head into the pavement after falling from a botched bike landing from a ramp. I was wearing a helmet.

Always. Wear. A. Helmet. I don't care if you're going ten metres or 50 klicks.

InnerRebellion

Mar 6, 2010
I was whittling a stick at a campfire when suddenly an explosion is heard and water sis suddenly everywhere and my reaction of spinning towards the river resulted in me plunging my pocket knife into my abdomen. Fuck that hurt, I am going to get my friend for putting firecrackers in the river (I don't know how they went off).

Agent_Nahmen_Jayden

Jun 28, 2010
Fell head first into a patch of roses with thorns when I was 2 or 3. Nearly got my eye so maybe I could have died from loss of blood. Atleast I got a sexy scar right next to my eye that all the ladies will obviously love. :D

I dunno kind of a boring life in terms of near death experiences. Maybe if something went wrong with removing my wisdom teeth? Not that it did but that is probably second on my list.

unoleian

Jul 2, 2008
Sliding about 200 yards on ass and elbows down a very steep, rocky slope, causing a small landslide in the process, and landing on my spine in the bottom of a ten-foot-deep gully right on top of a small collection of large, pointy rocks. The fact that I walked away with only scrapes amazes me to this day.

Pingieking

Sep 19, 2009
mraustindude19 said:
When i was 8 i was eating a mint,it got stuck in my throat and my grandma give me the heimlich.
Your grandma is awesome.

I almost walked in front of a train once. I was listening to Korn while walking across train tracks, and for some odd reason didn't hear the train coming until it had passed me. I was about two steps past the tracks when the train passed.

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
When I was nine me and my friend were playing around in my garage. We hit a trailer that was propped against the wall, I noticed it, yelled to duck, and the thing clanged above us. We were lucky I saw it, we only got our scalps scraped, my friend needed stitch's.

atombeast707

Dec 8, 2009
Thedayrecker said:
Decided to post this here cause your other post (by the way you double posted) seems to be less lively.

OT: Once (while high) me and my friends saw an aligator, and decided to throw something at it. What should we throw? Of course, doughnuts, that we bought on an impulse because, hey, we were high.

Long story short it came out of the water and I assume it chased us, but I was running away to quickly to look.
nice. thats pretty damn funny.

me... well... i choked on a few runts once? oh and i tries to suffocate myself with a bandana. no biggie.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I very rarely look before crossing the street. Almost been hit multiple times because of that attitude. That's really the closest I've come to dying.

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
A few years ago, I had a pain in my shin while running. I didn't want to tell my parents about it because I was antsy about going to doctors' offices and getting needles. I finally did tell them and we eventually found out that I had cancer. If I hadn't told my parents, I may have been dead by now.