"Cloud Girlfriend" Provides Users With Fake Facebook Mate

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
"Cloud Girlfriend" Provides Users With Fake Facebook Mate

Cloud Girlfriend hopes to be a one-stop shop for the world's virtual girlfriend needs.

Sick of not having a significant other like all of your friends on Facebook? Well, be sick no more, because Cloud Girlfriend is here to save the day.

When Cloud Girlfriend launches, it'll allow a user to define his/her perfect girlfriend, and then the service will create her. Cloud Girlfriend doesn't work quite like Weird Science [http://www.amazon.com/Weird-Science-School-Reunion-Collection/dp/B00008438V/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1301258027&sr=8-1] though. Instead, it creates this girlfriend in the social networking world.

Social network users can then "connect" with the virtual girlfriend on services such as Facebook. One purpose for the service might be to make the actual mate that users are pining after jealous, and more likely to desire them. It could backfire, though, as Cloud Girlfriend users would have to constantly make up lies about where they've been, or why they can't go on a double date.

Specific details on how Cloud Girlfriend works aren't available yet, but it'll supposedly leave messages on your Facebook wall amongst other actions. There are a lot of kinks that might need to be worked out, such as whose photos the service will use for each girlfriend. In addition, Cloud Girlfriend probably violates Facebook's Terms of Service, which says that accounts have to belong to real people. If Facebook can't figure out how to filter virtual girlfriends though, we'll all have to be suspect of friends' "in a relationship" posts in the future.

Source: TG Daily [http://cloudgirlfriend.com/]

Snowalker

Nov 8, 2008
I see this becoming a Hollywood movie, dude become so self consumed with this fake girl, he perceives her as real. Then the hard reality hits him... but then at the end, the programmer of the girl turns out to be holding the conversations with him instead of letting the program take over, they live happily ever after...

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Snowalker said:
I see this becoming a Hollywood movie, dude become so self consumed with this fake girl, he perceives her as real. Then the hard reality hits him... but then at the end, the programmer of the girl turns out to be holding the conversations with him instead of letting the program take over, they live happily ever after...
And copyright Jack and Calu... OH HEY!

OT: Okay, this is a sad idea, and yes, breaks Facebook terms of use.

I would also like to say my girlfriend is real. Completely. I know she has no photos of herself, but she's camera shy. She is real!

Calumon: It's sad because it's true. He goes off with her and leaves me behind. At least he told me, unlike Jeri... : (

GaltarDude1138

Jan 19, 2011
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Just... why?
Any number of reasons. To play jokes, to keep other prospective girl(or guy)friends at bay, but to have the illusion that you have a girlfriend seems the most popular reason to me.

Heck, I'd try it, if only to see the feedback...

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
That's really quite creepy, I bet there would be numerous flaws with each girl

Bloke: I love you
Lady: I will always love you. MEMORY DELETED

VincentX3

Jun 30, 2009
The Rockerfly said:
That's really quite creepy, I bet there would be numerous flaws with each girl

Bloke: I love you
Lady: I will always love you. MEMORY DELETED
Futurama? o_O
It's kinda sad that some people have to drop this low -.-

Art Axiv

Cultural Code-Switcher
Dec 25, 2008
Yeah, and then they will invite the "Perfect Girlfriend" to Farmville, and the horror starts allover again...

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Just... why?
Because being single is only one step away from being gay, or somesuch other drivel.

I understand that society says guys are supposed to have various attractive female playthings to boss about, but really...nah, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised at this.

Oh, right the article says that if people think you have one perfect girlfriend, other perfect girlfriends will offer yourself to you so you have a set, I guess. And then presumably murder you when they find out you've been lying.

Geeky Anomaly

Feb 19, 2011
WHAT

THE

F**K!??!?!?!?

This is just ONE reason why I have never, do not, and NEVER WILL have a facebook page. NO one gives two craps about you or your cutsie wootsie wubby dubby. Gag me.

Aethren

Jun 6, 2009
Jack and Calumon said:
Calumon: It's sad because it's true. He goes off with her and leaves me behind. At least he told me, unlike Jeri... : (
Aww, I'll always be here for you little guy. Come ride with me in this completely innocent white van, we'll go have fun while he's away.

<3

Buccura

Aug 13, 2009
This is just sad. Though, it would be fun to see what outrageous parameters you can set.