Cloudflare and DDOS Guard take down Kiwifarms

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
This statement is, to my ears, both gibberish and proof that the internet was a mistake.
Kiwifarms is definite one of those artifacts of old school wild wild west internet before there was any policing. There is barely policing now tbh, but now there are at least attempts to provide a level of restraint to things right. I'd say Kiwifarms and 4chan are the only holdouts that I'm aware of.

Thank you for giving a summary of the events.
Yeah no problem.

I will say that Cloudfire and Keffels took Kiwifarms down because they claim that the website was a direct threat to human life, and/or issued death threats to people. Which is not the case. They did some scummy stuff in sort of celebrating a person's suicide, but no death threats were ever issued or planned or said in jest. The owner of the kiwifarms moderates things going THAT far.

While the site is a cesspool, technically it did nothing wrong and was taken down due to projection of intent from people like Keffels. Keffels and their goons lied and mass reported the site for fake claims which got it taken down.

This is why I think the site will return sooner or later.

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
KiwiFarms originated from Chris Chan's wiki called the CWCiki, and is in some ways a spin off of Encyclopedia Dramatica. They split off and became the Kiwifarms due to a long period in which Chris Chan wasn't active online, so without content to troll Chris on, they moved onto other "lolcows" such as DarkSydePhil, AmberLynnReid, LowTierGod, Wingsofredemption, and more lesser known people.

Typically the site just monitor's these people, laughing at their activities (as the lolcow term would dictate). The big thing about Kikifarms that some had a problem with was that Kiwifarms does not censor speech in anyway. So calling someone the n-word, or Reeeee, or other deragatives was fair game.

Through Kiwifarms certain people would get a bit extra with their trolling and these trolls would get active in a lolcow's real life to inflict some sort of reaction. These were frowned upon by most members of the farms and were given the name "gay ops". The common moto on the farms was "look and laugh, but don't touch the poo poo" meaning laugh at these people from a distance and freely chat about their bullshit, but never try to get involved yourself.

Anyway Keffels, who I believe grooms minors from what i've heard but i'm not particularly interested in some minor league internet idiot, got wind that one of the lolcows on Kiwifarms was some trans person who recently died, again I'm not sure of how or why. Keffels then took it upon uh, themselves to spam report kiwifarms to it's hosting company because Keffels felt that KF was directly responsible.

Keffels is not the first person to try taking Kiwifarms down, and they aren't the first person to be successful (at least temporarily). KF always, eventually comes back. So we'll see if this sticks in the long run, which I highly doubt unless the owner finally just bails on it as not worth the headache anymore, especially since the main Lolcow, Chris Chan is likely gonna be in jail for a very long time so there is no reason to fight for the site anymore.
This time they are successful though, this isn't the early stages of the internet where a new coat of paint and some changes can allow you to continue to harass and "monitor" people. This is the new era of corporate run internet where the corporate dystopia ensures no competitors can exist. Even the owner admits that once he is gone, no one could take his place because of how heavily entrenched corporations are and we are in for an age of blessed wokeness which I approve of.

Brokencontroller

Elite Member
Dec 30, 2021
Country
usa
This time they are successful though, this isn't the early stages of the internet where a new coat of paint and some changes can allow you to continue to harass and "monitor" people. This is the new era of corporate run internet where the corporate dystopia ensures no competitors can exist. Even the owner admits that once he is gone, no one could take his place because of how heavily entrenched corporations are and we are in for an age of blessed wokeness which I approve of.
One step closer to thought-policed dystopia. I can hardly wait.

Reactions: Leg End

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Anyway Keffels, who I believe grooms minors from what i've heard [...]
No, there doesn't appear to be any evidence for this whatsoever. It comes from the online right-wing's default line of attack for LGBT people they take issue with, which is to spuriously associate them with paedophilia.

I get that you don't particularly care about this person, but don't casually give credence to serious criminal accusations without checking. Especially when they end up coming from a right-wing smear campaign intended to tar queer people in general.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
No, there doesn't appear to be any evidence for this whatsoever. It comes from the online right-wing's default line of attack for LGBT people they take issue with, which is to spuriously associate them with paedophilia.

I get that you don't particularly care about this person, but don't casually give credence to serious criminal accusations without checking. Especially when they end up coming from a right-wing smear campaign intended to tar queer people in general.

Apparently after digging a little, Keffels ran a discord called "catboy ranch" which had several minors being encouraged to provide sexual content or talk about sexual content.

Whether this was Keffels directly is unclear though, but Keffels is blamed because they owned the server.

Which kind of sounds a lot like people blaming Josh Moon the owner of Kiwifarms for shit any occured on his site.

It's really funny how there always seems to be a similar history in the accuser as the accused. It's almost like since Keffels knows how it works, it's easy to point fingers and at something related and hit on it.

NOTE: this is just a serface level example. Because other stuff you can find by looking is extremely not safe for this website so i wont be posting it.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Apparently after digging a little, Keffels ran a discord called "catboy ranch" which had several minors being encouraged to provide sexual content or talk about sexual content.
I know the pretence for the accusation. But the server required ID to join. Jai claimed that someone got in regardless (which still wouldn't be "grooming"), but hasn't provided anything to actually show even that.

This is giving unwarranted credence to a right-wing troll tactic about how LGBT people are dangerous.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I know the pretence for the accusation. But the server required ID to join. Jai claimed that someone got in regardless (which still wouldn't be "grooming"), but hasn't provided anything to actually show even that.

This is giving unwarranted credence to a right-wing troll tactic about how LGBT people are dangerous.
I like the standard of Kiwifarms being immediately guilty. But the Trans-girl gets all the benefit of the doubt. Being trans doesn't excuse you from being a shitty person, and that behavior should be called out if suspected and it's on the person to prove themselves innocent of such things.

At least Keffels has the chance to defend herself instead of having her whole platform nuked with no recourse.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I like the standard of Kiwifarms being immediately guilty. But the Trans-girl gets all the benefit of the doubt. Being trans doesn't excuse you from being a shitty person, and that behavior should be called out if suspected and it's on the person to prove themselves innocent of such things.

At least Keffels has the chance to defend herself instead of having her whole platform nuked with no recourse.
I don't know who this woman is, but I mostly doubt it. For her sake I hope she hasn't been doing that, but considering the sources are from a bunch of racist nut jobs, I'm not inclined to believe them. If it is the case, then both assholes can certainly be punished either way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gyrobot

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
ignore the thought policing that has now overtaken most of the media system
Funny you say that, as you had no problem with Joe Rogan dictating your thoughts at more than a few points. As for Kotaku, I really don't give a damn about them for the most part. They've been trying in some areas, and I'm glad they're still calling out work abuse in the gaming industry, but all the other stuff can just leave, or be ignored entirely.

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Funny you say that, as you had no problem Joe Rogan dictate your thoughts at more than a few points. As Kotaku, I really don't give a damn about them for the most part. They've been trying in some areas, and I'm glad they're still calling out work abuse in the gaming industry, but all the other stuff can just leave, or be ignored entirely.
You realize how dumb this statement is right?

"You agree with someone sometimes, therefore they are controlling your thoughts."

You might want to be careful man, you throw a like of likes on my posts so you should double check that I'm not controlling YOUR thoughts. Come on, seriously man?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
You agree with someone sometimes, therefore they are controlling your thoughts."
It wasn't some of the time. It was more so a lot of the time. You know what you did. It was Rogan's more contentious opinions and stuff he tried to present as absolute facts or truths, when they weren't. You already know what it was; don't even start.

You might want to be careful man, you throw a like of likes on my posts so you should double check that I'm not controlling YOUR thoughts. Come on, seriously man
Right back at you. You have done this far more than anyone is care has cared to count. I'm going to do myself a favor and end this conversation.

Last edited:

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
No, fuck that, absolutely fuck that.

This isn't a "benefit of the doubt" thing. Someone's been accused of a massively severe crime without evidence. That's what's happened. It's not on someone to "prove themselves innocent" of an accusation made without a shred of evidence in the first place.

((And I don't give a shit about "the standard of Kiwifarms being immediately guilty". Firstly, I haven't said a damn thing about Kiwifarms. Secondly, Kiwifarms isn't a person. It's not an individual being accused of a crime. It's a platform losing its security protection contract because it hosted illegal actions.))

Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
This isn't a "benefit of the doubt" thing. Someone's been accused of a massively severe crime without evidence. That's what's happened. It's not on someone to "prove themselves innocent" of an accusation made without a shred of evidence in the first place.
The same can be said about people "chasing you around the world". Unless you've had contact or seen these people all you have is unhindged interactions.

Kiwifarms, honestly, probably should be gone. The age of Chris Chan levels of trolling is long gone and it should be forgotten.

That being said, a more open and less sensitive forum were people can talk mostly "freely" without censorship is also a good thing imo. Moderated on extreme things like IRL threats and "ops" or whatever.

I think a completely open "free-speech" platform is fine so long as people who join it know what kind of content is and isn't allowed therein. One way or another there will be a new Farms of some kind opened up because people will still talk about lolcows for as long as lolcows exist. And frankly these people need other people talking shit about them to stay afloat because without troll donations on stream or troll viewer feeding into your ad revenue, then these internet nobodies will be screwed having to face the real world.

Now that I say that....boy that's a fucked up cycle isn't it.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I will add this @CriticalGaming: you're more than happy to have that article police your thoughts blaming sjws for Victoria's Secret failing. You sure as hell didn't have a problem changing your whiny thread about some random jackass crying about how they're only white developers on an indie game, and it went nowhere, and you decided to turn it into the "woke" thread as a "counterbalance". And don't forget about the excuses you tried to make for the January 6th terrorists that simply "walked in" to the Capitol. You've done this more times that you care to count. You sometimes are either agreeing with human behavior you know is wrong, trying to make bad excuses work, or make these dumb threads that go nowhere or are policing your thoughts, but you don't want to admit it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gyrobot

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I will add this @CriticalGaming: you're more than happy to have that article police your thoughts blaming sjws for Victoria's Secret failing. You sure as hell didn't have a problem changing your whiny thread about some random jackass crying about how they're only white developers on an indie game, and it went nowhere, and you decided to turn it into the "woke" thread as a "counterbalance". And don't forget about the excuses you tried to made for the January 6th terrorist that simply "walked in". You've done this more times that you care to count. You sometimes are either agree for human behavior you know that is wrong, try to make excuses work, or make these dumb threads that go nowhere or are policing your thoughts, but you don't want to admit it.
I thought you were done?

Seems you wrote this is a hell of a rage my dude because the sentences don't make a lot of sense and I'm trying to understand where you're going with it. Bottom line you don't like my political opinions I guess, or maybe you don't like that I wobble back and forth after learning new info? I'm not super sure, but if I change my mind upon learning new information isn't that a good thing?

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
The thought policing that harassing people to suicide is bad? That the free thought you upset you're not allowed to engage in?
Not me. I only know Kiwi's history based of Geno Samuel's documentary.

Though if bullying into suicide is bad, perhaps it's time we get Twitter shutdown because hasn't that happened there on several occassions.