Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
No victory. It'll be back as soon as they find another service provider, probably a Russian one.

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
No victory. It'll be back as soon as they find another service provider, probably a Russian one.
DDOS Guard was a Russian one. Lasted for a total of 72 hours before they pulled them out.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Its good that Kiwifarms is gone, but its annoying that Keffels gets to claim victory since shes such a piece of shit.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Destiny's subreddit defends it because liberals tend to love fascism when it suits them.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Isn't KiwiFarms like 4chan without the moral code?
The worst part is that many groups spun off from Kiwifarms like Burgers and Fries. So Kiwifarms can keep doing what it's doing and the spun off entity can take the fall for any controversy

Reactions: Gergar12

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
KiwiFarms originated from Chris Chan's wiki called the CWCiki, and is in some ways a spin off of Encyclopedia Dramatica. They split off and became the Kiwifarms due to a long period in which Chris Chan wasn't active online, so without content to troll Chris on, they moved onto other "lolcows" such as DarkSydePhil, AmberLynnReid, LowTierGod, Wingsofredemption, and more lesser known people.

Typically the site just monitor's these people, laughing at their activities (as the lolcow term would dictate). The big thing about Kikifarms that some had a problem with was that Kiwifarms does not censor speech in anyway. So calling someone the n-word, or Reeeee, or other deragatives was fair game.

Through Kiwifarms certain people would get a bit extra with their trolling and these trolls would get active in a lolcow's real life to inflict some sort of reaction. These were frowned upon by most members of the farms and were given the name "gay ops". The common moto on the farms was "look and laugh, but don't touch the poo poo" meaning laugh at these people from a distance and freely chat about their bullshit, but never try to get involved yourself.

Anyway Keffels, who I believe grooms minors from what i've heard but i'm not particularly interested in some minor league internet idiot, got wind that one of the lolcows on Kiwifarms was some trans person who recently died, again I'm not sure of how or why. Keffels then took it upon uh, themselves to spam report kiwifarms to it's hosting company because Keffels felt that KF was directly responsible.

Keffels is not the first person to try taking Kiwifarms down, and they aren't the first person to be successful (at least temporarily). KF always, eventually comes back. So we'll see if this sticks in the long run, which I highly doubt unless the owner finally just bails on it as not worth the headache anymore, especially since the main Lolcow, Chris Chan is likely gonna be in jail for a very long time so there is no reason to fight for the site anymore.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Ravinoff

Elite Member
Legacy
May 31, 2012
Country
Canada
Is there an option to hate both? I utterly loathe Cloudflare due to their constant irritating presence and aggressive browser interrogation, but I also would like to wish a flaming armageddon on Kiwifarms at the same time.

1272212695668.gif

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
Im not sure I understand what you mean? CloudFlare is a internet company, not a government. Where's the "fascism"?
Steven 'Destiny' Bonnell (and most of his fans and subreddit, I reckon) dislikes angry mob rule getting its way in these deplatforming and cancellation cases. Leftists think it enables fascism, because they are righteous and moral (/s).

Reactions: Gyrobot

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
KiwiFarms originated from Chris Chan's wiki called the CWCiki, and is in some ways a spin off of Encyclopedia Dramatica. They split off and became the Kiwifarms due to a long period in which Chris Chan wasn't active online, so without content to troll Chris on, they moved onto other "lolcows" such as DarkSydePhil, AmberLynnReid, LowTierGod, Wingsofredemption, and more lesser known people.
This statement is, to my ears, both gibberish and proof that the internet was a mistake.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA

Typically the site just monitor's these people, laughing at their activities (as the lolcow term would dictate). The big thing about Kikifarms that some had a problem with was that Kiwifarms does not censor speech in anyway. So calling someone the n-word, or Reeeee, or other deragatives was fair game.

Through Kiwifarms certain people would get a bit extra with their trolling and these trolls would get active in a lolcow's real life to inflict some sort of reaction. These were frowned upon by most members of the farms and were given the name "gay ops". The common moto on the farms was "look and laugh, but don't touch the poo poo" meaning laugh at these people from a distance and freely chat about their bullshit, but never try to get involved yourself.

Anyway Keffels, who I believe grooms minors from what i've heard but i'm not particularly interested in some minor league internet idiot, got wind that one of the lolcows on Kiwifarms was some trans person who recently died, again I'm not sure of how or why. Keffels then took it upon uh, themselves to spam report kiwifarms to it's hosting company because Keffels felt that KF was directly responsible.

Keffels is not the first person to try taking Kiwifarms down, and they aren't the first person to be successful (at least temporarily). KF always, eventually comes back. So we'll see if this sticks in the long run, which I highly doubt unless the owner finally just bails on it as not worth the headache anymore, especially since the main Lolcow, Chris Chan is likely gonna be in jail for a very long time so there is no reason to fight for the site anymore.
Thank you for giving a summary of the events.