Cloudflare and DDOS Guard take down Kiwifarms

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
They're already doxing, swatting, calling in bomb threats, lying to employers, etc. Letting that stay centralized only gives them more resources
You might be right. I wonder how much of the shenanagans are simply people trying to "show off" to their peers on the site. With the site gone, it's harder to show off to people, so i might curb quite a bit of the crap.

Or they make a new site and keep going. Either of those outcomes is possible.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
No, but it's a nice start. It's one solution that needs another solution added to it to keep it going. Cloudflare did not want them, and neither did Russia. And if a Russian web provider don't want their sorry asses, then KW know they are a bunch of complete fuck ups. Keep going after them any way you can, and don't stop.
Oh I'm not saying this one forum is gonna remain online, just that its USERS will continue their activity unabated, elsewhere.

Like, they can just start a discord server and keep going, it takes like 3 minutes. Hell I'd bet you money there are already like 3 of em up right now lol.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Oh I'm not saying this one forum is gonna remain online, just that its USERS will continue their activity unabated, elsewhere.

Like, they can just start a discord server and keep going, it takes like 3 minutes. Hell I'd bet you money there are already like 3 of em up right now lol.
So? Not everyone can stop that, but they can be stopped when they make enough noise that might as well say, "notice me!".

Or they make a new site and keep going. Either of those outcomes is possible.
And people can keep hitting them where it hurts, when KW remnants make themselves present.

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
They're already doxing, swatting, calling in bomb threats, lying to employers, etc. Letting that stay centralized only gives them more resources
Yeah, no. We've seen this song and dance before, many times over, with other sites...like, for example, Stormfront (which is still up, by the way). Usual suspects share internet high fives and bask in their crowdfunding hikes until the gravy train drains off, meanwhile the targeted sites' users just go to P2P social media like Mastodon, dark web sites (which is where KF is still live), or private communities like Discord.

Then the story becomes "omg hate social networks!/hate discords!/hate dark web! The internet must be more centralized and regulated to control hate!", which is basically the shitlib flavor of "net neutrality must end". More than enough people for now are still smart enough to figure out how stupid of an idea that is for it to lose public support...until the next time, and/or investment banks and hedge funds figure out moronic internet outrage is a cheap and easy way to push monopolistic trade practices using payment processors as a proxy.

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020

This is the age of corporate internet dystopia, they will get smacked down bots so hard within the hour.

Yeah, no. We've seen this song and dance before, many times over, with other sites...like, for example, Stormfront (which is still up, by the way). Usual suspects share internet high fives and bask in their crowdfunding hikes until the gravy train drains off, meanwhile the targeted sites' users just go to P2P social media like Mastodon, dark web sites (which is where KF is still live), or private communities like Discord.

Then the story becomes "omg hate social networks!/hate discords!/hate dark web! The internet must be more centralized and regulated to control hate!", which is basically the shitlib flavor of "net neutrality must end". More than enough people for now are still smart enough to figure out how stupid of an idea that is for it to lose public support...until the next time, and/or investment banks and hedge funds figure out moronic internet outrage is a cheap and easy way to push monopolistic trade practices using payment processors as a proxy.
You know, actually I am unironically for it since the country I am part is already an Orwellian surveillance state and as an expat I am compelled to agree. There is only so long the dark web can hide from the never ending pursuit of the surveillance state and to believe you are some cyberpunk edgerunner fighting for freedom is a delusional fantasy any grown up learn to put away and accept corps just haven't targeted you yet and there is nothing you can donto stop it

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States

So the alternative is to let the doxing and harassment continue unabated?

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
You''re dealing with people persistent enough to locate a hotel based on a partial bedsheet image by matching bedsheets to hotels, the notion that they'd go home and be a family man because of something like this is just silly.
There's probably a handful of dedicated hardcore users like that, but I wager most of Kiwifarm's community were just there to casually follow some dumb internet drama. And I just don't think there are gonna be too many people willing to go out of their way to find and access an increasingly hard to reach site just to get the scoop on what LoliFartHuffer1488 has been up to.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
Ah yes this is what I call a classic Escapist thread. Brings back such horrible memories.

To actually comment on the topic. From what I've gathered from this thread is that Kiwifarm doxxed people a lot, the person who was responsible may also be a bit of a douchebag but unconfirmed. But overall this is a positive for the world

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
So the alternative is to let the doxing and harassment continue unabated?
Ask a sex worker. They're the ones being targeted, deplatformed, deprived of livelihoods, and physically endangered by the exact same people using the exact same methods to effect the exact same outcomes, which this post-2016 liberal bullshit of which Keffals' latest misadventures is a part, legitimizes.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Ask a sex worker. They're the ones being targeted, deplatformed, deprived of livelihoods, and physically endangered by the exact same people using the exact same methods to effect the exact same outcomes, which this post-2016 liberal bullshit of which Keffals' latest misadventures is a part, legitimizes.
It's a bit difficult to follow this waffle.

To clarify: kiwifarms targeted sex workers? And this is liberals' fault somehow?

Reactions: Jux and BrawlMan

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
It's a bit difficult to follow this waffle.
It's only a waffle if you don't read my posts, or in good faith. So...there's ya problem.

To clarify: kiwifarms targeted sex workers? And this is liberals' fault somehow?
I'll reiterate:

...Then the story becomes "omg hate social networks!/hate discords!/hate dark web! The internet must be more centralized and regulated to control hate!", which is basically the shitlib flavor of "net neutrality must end". More than enough people for now are still smart enough to figure out how stupid of an idea that is for it to lose public support...until the next time, and/or investment banks and hedge funds figure out moronic internet outrage is a cheap and easy way to push monopolistic trade practices using payment processors as a proxy.
There, I even bolded it for you. Same playbook, same outcome.

Some incompetent myopic tit on one end of the partisan idiot spectrum launches off on culture war bullshit. Corporations -- or rather, the investment institutions behind them -- see an opportunity to do some anti-competitive business practices using the culture war bullshit as a proxy, so they do. Yes, deplatforming is absolutely part and parcel of it, whether by pressing hosting services and/or payment processors to terminate service.

"Hate speech" is to liberals, what "sex trafficking" is to conservatives. In this, Keffals for example is no different than Exodus Cry, and Kiwi Farms is no different than OnlyFans: the vehicle by which people enthusiastically turn themselves into useful idiots. And yes, engaging in it is absolutely normalizing it, in the actual sense of the word as it's cultivated and idealized. And the behavior is equally effective at achieving its stated goals: shutting down websites stops hate speech about as effectively as it stops sex trafficking.

Not only does it fail, it backfires. Catastrophically.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
There, I even bolded it for you. Same playbook, same outcome.
You bolded it, yeah, but that's a bit like highlighting a strand of spaghetti in a bowl of verbiage bolognese.

Some incompetent myopic tit on one end of the partisan idiot spectrum launches off on culture war bullshit. Corporations -- or rather, the investment institutions behind them -- see an opportunity to do some anti-competitive business practices using the culture war bullshit as a proxy, so they do. Yes, deplatforming is absolutely part and parcel of it, whether by pressing hosting services and/or payment processors to terminate service.
So the people you were talking about were actually the corporations that withdraw hosting from harassers, rather than the harassers themselves. K, with ya.

"Hate speech" is to liberals, what "sex trafficking" is to conservatives. In this, Keffals for example is no different than Exodus Cry, and Kiwi Farms is no different than OnlyFans: the vehicle by which people enthusiastically turn themselves into useful idiots. And yes, engaging in it is absolutely normalizing it, in the actual sense of the word as it's cultivated and idealized. And the behavior is equally effective at achieving its stated goals: shutting down websites stops hate speech about as effectively as it stops sex trafficking.
You think the loss of KiwiFarms is a move towards ending net neutrality?

Lol.

Reactions: Jux and BrawlMan

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
That moment when the streamer you defamed and brigaded for months is ready to file suit, the online trans advocate you defamed and brigaded for months brought receipts, you lied about the cops, got a $100k score for a two-month refugee period European vacation, and the "activist" echo chamber around you finally smelled enough blood in the water to throw you under the bus.

All for, let me check my notes here...not only is Kiwi Farms not down, but Cloudflare stock tanked by 30-odd percent since it made the decision (i.e. a greater loss than market average) -- to a point this had to be specifically cited in its quarterly report to the SEC as a contributing factor to Cloudflare's devaluation.

So, you know, this thread aged in terms of wellness somewhere between "unpasteurized milk" and "Liz Truss' tenure as Prime Minister".

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

This video popped up for me the other day. Apparently it discusses and shows Keffals admitting to deliberately egging on kiwifarms, and using their attacks to farm pity money out of her followers which she used for trips to Europe under the guise of "hiding" in which it was really just a vacation. Among other things. It's kind of sad really she's an unhinged person who needs some therapy or something, possibly jail time too.

Video title is dumb though, not really necessary when you are just presenting evidence and clips.

Last edited:

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
And see Earcaxe, Kiwifarms is doomed to fall as their last line of defense lasted for little more than a month

Baked and woke, BrawlMan, baked and woke for sharing such wonderful news

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Baked and woke, BrawlMan, baked and woke for sharing such wonderful news
I appreciate the thanks. Next time, don't use woke or baked (it sounds stupid) in the same sentence when referring to me. Just say "You're a cool or decent guy". Something like that. There is no woke/anti-woke. They're terms made up by insecure racist, sexist, and xenophobic dickheads. It's called a person doing the right thing.

You are welcome. Make sure to thank @XsjadoBlayde. He's the one who found the link originally, and put it in the other thread.

Last edited: