CN releases two new Pilots, (Victor and Valentino) and Infinity Train

PapaGreg096

Oct 12, 2013

Victor and Valentino feels too much like Mexican Gravity Falls especially with an elderly person taking care of two sibling while said siblings try to solve mysteries.

Infinity Train looks real promising though.

MerlinCross

Apr 22, 2011
Okay Infinity Train looks trippy and yet funny. I'd love to see more.

Kinda reminds me of those weird far out puzzle games

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I love the voice actor for the chick in Infinity Train, so that has me interested already.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I feel like Victor and Valentino might have benefited from a slightly longer pilot as that all felt incredibly rushed. It might work, but I'd need to see more first. Infinity Train, on the other hand, looked pretty good, though the pilot made it kind of feel like I missed a few episodes prior to it.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
The first one would benefit from a half hour run time, but I thought it was pretty awesome. It would definitely make for a promising series.

But Infinity Train looks awesome. That's one of the first original ideas I've seen in a while, it needs to be a thing. Cartoon Network, stop sucking and make it a thing.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
That Infinity Train short was brilliant. I'd love to see more of that.

Didn't watch the other, because I'm late for a train.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Infinity Train was ok but did not blew my mind. And hearing the girl's voice actor is a bit distracting because all I hear is Terra from Teen Titans and Older Gwen from Ben 10 Alien Force. But regardless the voice acting is what pushes the show to not be boring.

I feel sorry for the former show though, every one is looking down on it.

But really lets me down so far is the art style of both shows, too plain and simplistic looking like so many shows on Cartoon Network that all started with Adventure Time which spawns shows like the utterly boring 3 bears show. And made Powerpuff Girls and Ben 10 reboots look like crap compared to their original series.

Still waiting for Adult Swim's Samurai Jack (please don't fuck it up Genndy)

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Infinity Train got several chuckles out of me, and I quite liked it! I like the premise a lot too. I feel like that's something you could use for a D&D campaign somehow... *starts writing down ideas*

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I agreed with the OP that Victor and Valentino is a Mexican version of GF. Even then I hated Valentino jerkiness. Yes you can still make a likeable jerk character but Valentino was almost Bloo (Foster's Home of Imaginary Friend) level of jerkiness!

Infinite Train on the other hand was more appealing. However I see it more as a miniseries like Over the Garden Wall since going throught inifinite room/ world will get tiresome.

So yeah Infinite Train got my vote for potiential series (well ok I more likely want Twelve Forever to be made first)!

jhoroz

Mar 7, 2012
Yeah Infinite Train looks awesome conceptually and I really like the MC and general humour of the show. It's like a cartoon Snowpiercer. My only complaint is the animation style looks a bit dry, particularly the colour palate, but hopefully that could change when it's picked up. It's emphasis on moment to moment mystery also means that there will probably be a lot less filler or slice of life episodes than most western animated shows.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Scarim Coral said:
I agreed with the OP that Victor and Valentino is a Mexican version of GF. Even then I hated Valentino jerkiness. Yes you can still make a likeable jerk character but Valentino was almost Bloo (Foster's Home of Imaginary Friend) level of jerkiness!

Infinite Train on the other hand was more appealing. However I see it more as a miniseries like Over the Garden Wall since going throught inifinite room/ world will get tiresome.

So yeah Infinite Train got my vote for potiential series (well ok I more likely want Twelve Forever to be made first)!
GF?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Samtemdo8 said:
Scarim Coral said:

GF?
Gravity Falls

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
So, how does CN choose which shows to pick up? In the good old days they let the viewers choose, but now it seems up in the air? The last several pilots they released never got picked up. Do they only release rejected pilots, or are they judging interest?

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
I'm really engrossed by infinity train. It looks like another good continuity show to be side by side with Steven Universe. The problem is that it's a continuity show and network executives just love to axe those before they get off the ground as an excuse to replace it with some garbage toy company show that thinks they can get pay to watch viewership base.

So I don't want to get myself TOO attached to this pilot.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Fox12 said:
So, how does CN choose which shows to pick up? In the good old days they let the viewers choose, but now it seems up in the air? The last several pilots they released never got picked up. Do they only release rejected pilots, or are they judging interest?
I want to say it's a mix of both. But if Korra was anything to go by- sometimes they just want to do what they want regardless of how popular it was, how many views it had, and ratings. I mean look how they treated the staff of Uncle Grandpa?

As for the viewership choice- I think that was a one time thing when it came to CNKND and its other competitors. That's hardly the norm nowadays so I would treat that process as an anomaly. Although I don't see why considering how CN's viewrbase has extremely good taste and Kids Next Door turned out to be a damn good show with a very conclusive end.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
PapaGreg096 said:
Victor and Valentino feels too much like Mexican Gravity Falls especially with an elderly person taking care of two sibling while said siblings try to solve mysteries.
I got more of an early 'Regular Show' vibe from 'Victor and Valentino' than 'Gravity Falls'. Though I will admit that I haven't watched much of 'Gravity Falls' and I did skip around a bit on 'Victor and Valentino'

claraz8234

Nov 21, 2016
Infinity train looks just like another cartoon in CN, in the other hand Victor & Valentino is more like a classic, something that belongs in Disney not even CN.