COD 4 : AK47 OR M16 (OR M4)

The SIBERIAN SNAKE

Apr 27, 2008
MY PERSONAL Choice for the game is the ak47 for its massive power good clip and really good accuracy {i get very tired of hearing about people who say the AK is inaccurate i could snipe with that gun just use a red dot} or a silencer its the coolest gun}

Froce

Apr 27, 2008
In CoD 4, the AK may be accurate, but in real life, you gotta be some kind of other worldly being to get it to be accurate. I, personally, like the M16 with a skorpion for close quarters(gotta love overkill). My favorite gun, though, is the M14.

Scolar Visari

Jan 8, 2008
I rage at the G36C having a 40mm on it. If IW had actualy looked at a real one they would notice the bottom rails are too short to fit a launcher. My favorite gun would have to be a M14 with no added optics or anything else.

Singing Gremlin

Jan 16, 2008
HAH! I love games where you can silence an AK. S'rubbish, the firing chamber clangs so much it wouldn't do you any good. Personally I'd vote the M16.

I watched a video in which some yank soldiers were testing out some bullet-proof material by getting an Afghan guard to shoot at it while the yank held it over his head. Unfortunately the Afghans use AKs, and the poor sod got shot in the leg.

Dcarty745

Mar 12, 2008
It would have to be the good 'ol M16 for me. I know people who continually ***** about how it is burst-fire. Although that may be a downside,two bursts waist high or above drop a foe instantly.

shadow1138

Mar 20, 2008
If i have to say for cod 4 -AK-47 love to shoot trough walls . For real life AK-47 still-btw [insert insult here] you if you think it's bad in the real world.Why I say this?
Well here it is -twice the pentration of it's western counterparts with normal bullets. With armor-piercing-which are forbidden from use in armed conflicts by internationall agreement- it will shoot trough railtracks. Try that with your m-16 please.If maintained properly it's range is about 700 meters. Thats 700 meters and it will still penetrate armor. It does get terribly inacurate (starts to "spit" bullets) if you overheat it(fire rapidly two or three clips). But it is as good as normal if you cool it afterwards. Even if you use piss.Does have some recoil,but you can swim with it and still fire afterwards. The US soldiers had to put condoms on their m-16s in Vietnam -that was just to protect it from dust'cause it tends to jam with dust in. You can run it over with a HUMMER and it will still work.The M-16 can be made inoperable if you squeeze it too hard on the right place. Cheap to make, easy to use.
Do you need more ?

Dosed

Mar 26, 2008
I personally prefer using the M16 overall because it's a one shot kill if you get the full burst into someone, the clip is decent and can be pretty lucky/amazing in close quarters if you tap aim. I use the red dot sight for that gun and I couldn't use the game without it.

However when i'm on S&D I prefer to use the AK-47 with the silencer, Jusggernaut, 2x Claymores and Steady aim. I tell you it's one of the best combinations for S&D and for anyone who says "Juggernaut is for noobs" just doesn't understand where it is acceptable.

Scolar Visari

Jan 8, 2008
It's sad how videogames make people think anything starting with AK is shit. In real life I would go with the AEK-971. It's the newest version and it sounds solid from the testing.

Singing Gremlin

Jan 16, 2008
shadow1138 said:
If i have to say for cod 4 -AK-47 love to shoot trough walls . For real life AK-47 still-btw [insert insult here] you if you think it's bad in the real world.Why I say this?
Well here it is -twice the pentration of it's western counterparts with normal bullets. With armor-piercing-which are forbidden from use in armed conflicts by internationall agreement- it will shoot trough railtracks. Try that with your m-16 please.If maintained properly it's range is about 700 meters. Thats 700 meters and it will still penetrate armor. It does get terribly inacurate (starts to "spit" bullets) if you overheat it(fire rapidly two or three clips). But it is as good as normal if you cool it afterwards. Even if you use piss.Does have some recoil,but you can swim with it and still fire afterwards. The US soldiers had to put condoms on their m-16s in Vietnam -that was just to protect it from dust'cause it tends to jam with dust in. You can run it over with a HUMMER and it will still work.The M-16 can be made inoperable if you squeeze it too hard on the right place. Cheap to make, easy to use.
Do you need more ?
Ummm, you might want to find something better to leap to the defence of, ranting and frothing at the mouth, than the Kalashnikov. It isn't that good, and regardless it's a method of killing people. You like the firearm, sure. Why do you care so much if other people don't?

Remag

Apr 16, 2008
In CoD 4, I've have tremendous success with the AK47, modified with Red Dot Sight, and with the added perk of Double Tap.

Although I hear from more experienced gamers that the M16 has an advantage over the AK in terms of stats and power (though personally, I've never noticed a significant drop in the AK's killing capabilities for me to not want to use it).

Scolar Visari

Jan 8, 2008
Darth Mobius said:
I always like the higher stopping power of the 7.62 versus the dinky little 5.56 that the M-16 uses... That and has already been stated, they can take a major beating and still work really well. Not a toy like the M-16... And I have seen AK-47s modified as Sniper Rifles, so don't tell me that they aren't accurate...
All the fancy polymers of modern day rifles don't mean shit if it breaks the first time you drop the thing that?s why I'll always put my trust in AKs or any well made rifle for that matter.

the monopoly guy

May 8, 2008
between the options givin I would saythe AK 47, its the first weapon I got the ACOG scope for, and there's a reason its the most poular weapon in the world. but over all its a toss up between G36c and G3

Froce

Apr 27, 2008
It's popular cause of how easy it is to get. I gotta agree, the G36C and the G3 are awesome.

Captain_Planet

May 5, 2008
AK is the best, because it works basically as a kind of sniper in addition to a competent short range weapon

butterkniferampage

Feb 25, 2008
the m4 is great for hardcore with double tap

the ak is great silenced and jammed in domination or deathmatch

the m16 is a good all around gun that is very affective at close and long ranges

personally my favorite is m4 with tube, fast reload, and last stand
tube isn't being a noob, its part of the game folks-
if you got the tube after you get 150 kills, everyone would love it

but ak with dot just rapes with stopping power