COD 4 : AK47 OR M16 (OR M4)

The Reverend

Jan 28, 2008
CoD 4 Needs the SA-82. Best assault rifle EVAR. We'll, its pretty good.
My favorite gun In CoD 4 is the MP5. I can whup ass with it.

Sib

Dec 22, 2007
To everyone using the M16A4 : Not to be too rude... but I now hate you all. It's called the noob gun for a reason, it fires in burst where 1 pull of the trigger kills even if shot in the freaking leg, it has far too much accuracy over long range, good in close combat and it fires 3 bullets even faster than most SMG's can.
I'm not one who's normally elitist about games but damn when you have something as overpowered as that it's a bit bullshit sometimes.
*is not going to ***** about light machine guns which can be pointed into the general direction and blindfired until everything is dead*
*does not mention the P90's insane range either*

Anyway, aside from that little pool of bile, I use the AK-47, usually with no attatchments or camo because I think it looks best, it also handles well and is quite well balanced with the other weapons in the game. I mean i normally have to deal with a fair bit of lag but I dont resort to blatantly overpowered weapons or nooby perks like juggernaut. Let alone the frequently dubbed "noob-tube"

TheSteeleStrap

May 7, 2008
I like the M4 with that kick ass scope (I can never remember what it's called). It's pretty deadly if you do it right.

K1ller Mosquito

Apr 2, 2008
Scolar Visari said:
I rage at the G36C having a 40mm on it. If IW had actualy looked at a real one they would notice the bottom rails are too short to fit a launcher. My favorite gun would have to be a M14 with no added optics or anything else.

Actually you can put a GL on a G36 follow this link:http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/bin/image-lib/site/g36klaunch.jpg

vun

Burrowed Lurker
Apr 10, 2008
K1ller Mosquito said:
Actually you can put a GL on a G36 follow this link:http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/bin/image-lib/site/g36klaunch.jpg
Yes, but the one in the game is a G36C, that is a larger version, a K judging by the filename.

A lil' more on topic; I prefer the AK of the two but the G36 over both of them. I like the accuracy of the M16, but I don't feel comfortable with it if I don't have the double tap perk.

Scolar Visari

Jan 8, 2008
K1ller Mosquito said:
Scolar Visari said:
I rage at the G36C having a 40mm on it. If IW had actualy looked at a real one they would notice the bottom rails are too short to fit a launcher. My favorite gun would have to be a M14 with no added optics or anything else.

The one in the game is the G36C, what you have their is a G36K. I also heard that the AKS-74U in the game is actually an AKM, can anyone tell me as I haven't played the game in a while. Oh and rage at thinking airsoft=real life.

Froce

Apr 27, 2008
Num43 said:
Ok as an actual marksman in a real army who used countless rifles, the next person who calls a RL Assualt rifle "accurate" or "not-accurate" will be getting a 4 page long explanation on Balistics, mostly on External ballistics and why a rifle is as "accurate" as the shooter is.
Yes, it does, but some guns are harder to get accurate than others. I can easily hit with an M16, but i have trouble hitting things with an AK-47. Also, it does spread a bit more than some rifles do, even on Semi Auto.

ShyWinter

Apr 25, 2008
The AK is really precise, but it's heavy and has quite a kick. All these poor accuracy allegations stem from how hard it is for a novice to keep the weapon steady during full auto fire. The M16 and M4 are much lighter and the bullets are smaller, allowing the user to carry more ammo. You could say the gun's usefulness just depends on the person using it.

As for COD4, I prefer an M16 with a red dot sight. It gives me that balance between an assault rifle and sniper rifle. If I decide to get in close, I switch to the AK with Martyrdom activated. The M4 just doesn't have the stopping power I want (in the game), and I never really bothered with the G36C because I figure the M16 works well enough for me.

ShyWinter

Apr 25, 2008
Scolar Visari said:
The one in the game is the G36C, what you have their is a G36K. I also heard that the AKS-74U in the game is actually an AKM, can anyone tell me as I haven't played the game in a while. Oh and rage at thinking airsoft=real life.
The AKM is actually a variant of the AK-47. Much like how the M16A4 is a variant of the M16. The AKM and the original AK-47 look so similar, you'd need to be an expert to tell them apart. I think it has to do with the materials used or manufacturing or something.

Also, if you want to get SUPER technical. The AKs-74u (also known as the AK-74u, AK-SU, etc.) is actually a carbine assault rifle like the M4, not a submachine gun as shown in the game. SMGs use pistol ammo and the AKs-74u uses 5.45 Russian rifle ammo.

I hate when games mess up like this. If you're making a game about making pies, then it's okay to incorrectly label a semi-auto pistol as a revolver. But if the game revolves around war, you should at least get this sort of thing straight. It makes me think of the XM8 rifle, a gun that the US Army keeps insisting will NOT replace the M4A1 or the M16, but keeps appearing in "futuristic" movies and games.

Scolar Visari

Jan 8, 2008
ShyWinter said:
Scolar Visari said:
The AKM is actually a variant of the AK-47. Much like how the M16A4 is a variant of the M16. The AKM and the original AK-47 look so similar, you'd need to be an expert to tell them apart. I think it has to do with the materials used or manufacturing or something.

Also, if you want to get SUPER technical. The AKs-74u (also known as the AK-74u, AK-SU, etc.) is actually a carbine assault rifle like the M4, not a submachine gun as shown in the game. SMGs use pistol ammo and the AKs-74u uses 5.45 Russian rifle ammo.

I hate when games mess up like this. If you're making a game about making pies, then it's okay to incorrectly label a semi-auto pistol as a revolver. But if the game revolves around war, you should at least get this sort of thing straight. It makes me think of the XM8 rifle, a gun that the US Army keeps insisting will NOT replace the M4A1 or the M16, but keeps appearing in "futuristic" movies and games.
Yah at least RSV: 2 put the AKS-74U in the right category. What concerns me is that they had a former soldier who was supposed to make everything as authentic as possible. At least it's not as bad as Far Cry 2 were Ubisoft put the ejection port and everything else on the left side of the AK. To all the people who say accuracy depends mostly on the shooter your right but some of the guns in the game are just far past realistic.

Chrinik

May 8, 2008
Its a GAME...a game is mostly intended tobe fun, and fair in MP,not realistic.

Well, as to all the statements above concerning the G36 variants and its GL compatibility...YOU ARE WRONG...all of you.
Firstly there is a short Version, particulary designed by HK for the C.
Secondly the one posted above is a G36V(variante(without the Reddot in the Handle), with an AG36 GL handguard.
A G36Ks barrel wouldnt stand out so far.

In the Game, in HC i prefer the G3 silenced or with RD...one shot, baby!

In Reallife, id prefer an AK or G36 over any M16 variant (including M4) because Armalite and Colt dont seem to be intelligent enough to replace the Gas Piston system with the indirect Piston System after 40 YEARS!
They could make it much more reliable (As HK shows with the HK416)but noooo.
HK all the way, they make Reliable Weapons with good Accuracy...basically a mix of the reliability of an AK and the accuracy and range of a M16.
And yes, a rifle is only as good as its Shooter is, basically trained Snipers and Marksmen could hit anything, and almost any distance with any rifle, because they know Balistics.
Tho the best AR sniper Caliber is the 7,62x51 Nato as used in the M14 and G3...it has more Range and stopping power, whilst being more accurate then the AKs shortened Rounds.
And YES, the bullet kinda has something to do with the accuracy...a heavier Bullet, with less power as its meant to be shot with begins to spin in its flying path at longer ranges due to the spin a Bullet gets in the barrel...also the barrels lengh is a factor, that makes the gun more accurate or not...
Because i think even the super trained DM here would have trouble hitting a Target 800yards away with a 2 inch Barrel and a .30, but will have less probs with a 20inch longer Barrel and the same caliber.

Scolar Visari

Jan 8, 2008
Thanks for the correction Chrinik; I've never heard of the G36V before so it's news to me. It's also nice to see another HK fan because all my friends hate HK with a passion and won't get over the M16/M4.

vun

Burrowed Lurker
Apr 10, 2008
nilpferdkoenig said:
I always go with the SAW! (the machine gun, not the tree cutting version)
You could probably use the M249 to mow down trees...

Also, the title clearly states this is which weapon you prefer in CoD4, not "which weapons have you touched in real life, how much do you know about them and how much do they differ from the ones in CoD4".
Seems like we need a gun-nerd thread here.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
This reminds me, when i was playing my first match at my first prestige it was one of my best matches ever.

I had run out of ammo for the default assault class, so I stole a AK and went around shooting everyone.

Then, before i noticed that there was one sniper that kept on going on the car with all the missles on it to snipe (it was the Countdown map). So, i took the AK with the Red Dot Sight, aimed and fired LITERALY ACCROSS THE FREAKIN MAP! He was barely 2x3 pixles on my screep mind you.

No way in hell could an AK, let alone a regular assault rifle, shoot accross the map about (i'm guessing) 1000 meters away (no, i don't know how far that is). Took a couple of shots, but the iceing on the cake was that when i killed him, it was a headshot.

Holy crap man.

But i do preffer accuracy over power, as i am more like an Assault-sniper meaning i snipe with regular assault rifles for some reason.

ReepNeep

Jan 21, 2008
[Mr.Peabody]
For those who are curious, AK naming schemes go like this: the number (47 or 74) represents the year the Russian government adopted the rifle. An M in the name means that the gun is a major revision (AKM, AK74M). An S refers to the model coming with a folding stock instead of the standard rigid one (AKS47, AKMS, AKS74 AKS74u). An exception to this is the AK74M which has the folding stock as standard equipment and has no rigid stock version at all. The U denotes a carbine version (drastically reduced barrel length among other tricks to make the weapon physically smaller) which is generally issued to vehicle crews and others that typically have to use their weapons in small spaces.
[/Mr.Peabody]

For my picks, in game its no contest: m16a4. Its a wonderful intermediate weapon with excellent range and hitting power that only really starts to suck at around the range where shotguns start to become useful.

IRL its an AK, hands down. The gun will fire every single time you pull the trigger as long as you feed it decent quality ammunition and clean it more than once a year. You can't say that for any other gun in the world. (exaggeration but only a small one)

Chrinik

May 8, 2008
The G36V was previously called G36E for Export, but HK renamed it in Variante(variant) a short while ago.

Also, question to the one above:
if what you say is correct, tell me where the AK 108 and AK 105 got their names from?
Those are the newest...
also there are AK 101
AK 102/103/104/105/106/107 and 108....