CoD Fan Site Pays For Posts

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
CoD Fan Site Pays For Posts

A fledgling Call of Duty fan site has been paying Filipinos for forum posts.

The Call of Duty fan site CoDHQ [http://www.codhq.co.uk] is pretty much brand new, and hasn't really built up much of a community yet, which is why site owner Ross Lee is paying people to keep the post count up.

On the site forumcash.com [http://www.forumcash.com/wordpress/get-paid-to-post-on-a-video-game-forum/], Lee is offering four cents a post to any Filipinos with a mind to post - no, I don't know why he went with Filipinos either - as long as they followed his rules: Stay on topic, post in English, throw in the occasional screenshot, and make sure that the first post is in the introductions thread.

When quizzed on why he was paying people to post on his forum, Lee said that he had less time to post the site that he'd planned and that his only motive was to keep the activity going in his absence, but it does raise the question if other forums are paying their posters to keep the conversation going.

Oh, and before you ask, no, we don't do that on The Escapist.

Source: Game Politics [http://www.gamepolitics.com/2009/12/30/filipinos-offered-work-forum-posters]

The DSM

Apr 18, 2009
How much is 4 cents in pounds?

And yeah why dont they try spreading the word like normal people.

DuplicateValue

Jun 25, 2009
That must be expensive. Also, I'm now afraid to go there in case I'd be the only non-Filipino person on there. xD

Lord George

Aug 25, 2008
I have enjoyed reading CoD Fan Site Pays For Posts, it was very good recommend to friends, readings good.

Meado

Apr 27, 2008
Why exactly would he need to keep activity up while he was away? Does he really contribute such a sizable portion of the forum's posts that it would be considered dead without him?

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
nilcypher said:
Oh, and before you ask, no, we don't do that on The Escapist.
Wait... You DON'T ?

...What's this check for then? I nev-... Wait a minute... Was that you? On the cab?

...Ah damnit... Not again...

DrunkWithPower

Apr 17, 2009
"They took nar jobs!!!"

I guess paying people to post things isn't to wild of an idea. Ubisoft pays for good reviews and the rest.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
i am really confused as to why this offer is limited to fillopeans (?), but it seems like an interesting marketing idea, and its a great way to keep the forum alive, even if its only hundreds of fillopeans (yer i'm sticking with it) spamming each others threads.

and in my eyes it's not much different from what the Escapist does, you pay several people to write articles, news reports and to make videos with the overall goal being to make more people come to your site and comment, they just traded quality for quantity.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
The DSM said:
How much is 4 cents in pounds?

And yeah why dont they try spreading the word like normal people.
Current exchange rates have it at 4 pence.

George144 said:
I have enjoyed reading CoD Fan Site Pays For Posts, it was very good recommend to friends, readings good.
very good.

Azmael Silverlance

Pirate Warlord!
Oct 20, 2009
Escapist...you CHEAP basterds! Release the money unlock ur wallets and gief us the 4 cents per post we all deserve :D

Its a funny idea . . . .i kinda like it. Id keep the place pretty alive. Alot of ppl will come just for the cash but they will try n be good posters since if they screw up the guy will stop paying them. And then the regulars will do the deal cuz...well they are the dudes with the 5k+ post count.
It can make up for a rather big forum in the end :O Untill the guy is broke XD But by that time he should have a rather large forum that should be able to maintain itself.

Guy32

Jan 4, 2009
sgtjawa said:
ha ha good post very

escapist is good publish

i take 5 cents now
Ooh, breaking 3 rules in one post.

Anyway, you need to make over 13 posts a minute to make $8/hr. -_-