College Student Kills Intruder With a Sword

Kingsman

Feb 5, 2009
If this kid gets arrested, it can only further deteriorate my faith in this worthless court system.

Who the hell only gives a thief a year-long prison sentence after 29 counts of theft, including Grand Theft Auto- a FELONY, unless people have forgotten?

Alufear

May 1, 2009
The guy was completely justified in his response. I personally have a few swords in my house (not saying exactly where ;) and if a home invader came into my abode, he'd be met with a hurricane of steel.

Hikikomori Ookami

Jun 26, 2009
Semi-related story. A friend of mine was in Baltimore, can't remember what he was doing, but he was hit in the head from behind and ended up with a concussion. He did have the presence of mind, however, to pull out his pocket knife and stab his attacker in the leg. Attacker ended up going to the same hospital with a leg wound and that's how they caught the guy after getting my friends statement.

sune-ku

Cynical optimist
Mar 25, 2009
Archon said:
Meanwhile, in the United Kingdom, street gangs are already using swords to engage in acts of terror, assault, and robbery. We don't want that to happen in America.
The man speaks truth! Imagine, half the gangs start using swords, the other half would just shoot them with the guns available in America. It would completely destabalize the balance of power amoung gangs!

Incidentally the sword laws in the UK are brilliant; we cant buy cheap, blunt, display katanas - like my highlander sword replica - anymore, they've been made illegal to sell (luckily not to own) but the nice shiny high carbon steel, 'practical' katanas? Well they're for martial artists and collectors, so of course they can't be banned! I'm very glad for the fact, I have one on my wall at uni... I like to think I would've done the same thing as the guy in this article.

hotacidbath

Mar 2, 2009
Holy crap, my first thread ever was picked up by CantFakeTheFunk.

*Has a warm fuzzy feeling inside*

You also did a way better write up than me.

Scout Kubin

Feb 15, 2009
The student threatened to call the cops, and asked the intruder to leave. He didn't just attack the guy, he asked him to leave. The intruder was given an opportunity to leave peacefully, and reponded by attacking the kid. Fuck him. This is a clear-cut case of self-defense.

But...how much are you willing to bet this will encourage a shit-ton of fat anime fans to carry (and find any lame excuse to attempt to use)swords?

Taerdin

Nov 7, 2006
Not sure if someone mentioned this... but can someone explain to me how a man who was arrested 29 times was still on the streets?

Like I know we're pretty lenient with the whole innocent until proven guilty spiel, but if you've been arrested for breaking into someones home like... more than a few times... it doesn't seem likely that you're going to stop doing it.

That's the part of the story that stood out most to me...

Arbitrary Cidin

Apr 16, 2009
Would have been even cooler if he made a Big Daddy suit that guy gave instructions to and drilled the bastard. Bonus points if he was protecting his little sister. If he gets convicted, maybe that French Metal Gear Solid escapee would help him out...

Valalvax

Dec 9, 2008
If the guy continued his forward motion after getting his hand chopped off the chest wound could have simply been him falling onto the blade..

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
It disappoints me that this kind of behaviour is actually frowned upon. Self defence on top of protecting your home=/=a crime. I agree with everyone here in the fact that he did the right thing.

Plus, it makes me sleep easy knowing that my katana and wakizashi will now further deter burglars.

Satin6T

May 5, 2009
good for him, you should always have the right to protect your self
god bless the 2nd amendment

Brockyman

Aug 30, 2008
Most Awesome news story of the day! I love dead criminals. Maybe reading this will make other criminals think twice

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
Starke said:
I remember a cop once explaining that the best weapon to defend yourself with in most homes is a longsword. Handguns over penetrate, and during an adrenaline rush it's very easy to miss with a handgun. Shotguns have the over penetration problem as well, and aren't very effective in closed quarters if you're not very proficient. Knife fighting is a very VERY dangerous thing to do. But a sword gives you plenty of reach, and the risk of the other guy carrying one to pull on you is very slim.
Would be out of Kill Bill if he DID also have a sword and they started fighting.

AWC Viper

Jun 12, 2008
SomeBritishDude said:
I have only one thing to say.

[img/]http://l.yimg.com/eb/ymv/us/img/hv/photo/movie_pix/miramax_films/pulp_fiction/_group_photos/bruce_willis1.jpg[/img]

Bring out the Gimp!
gimp?......oh i see what you did there. nice