Come See Our WoW Timeline: Heroic Edition

Lauren Admire

Rawrchiteuthis
Aug 8, 2008
Come See Our WoW Timeline: Heroic Edition

The Escapist has compiled a list of the most legendary events to occur in WoW since its inception. Come take a look.

Do you know the exact date when WoW first launched? Too easy? How about which patch finally made clam loot stackable? Or the first time the Lich King was killable in a dungeon? If any of these questions have piqued your interest - or if you want to check your vast wealth of knowledge against ours - check out our epic WoW Timeline: The Heroic Edition [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/wowtimeline].

This timeline was lovingly crafted with The Escapist staff's own blood, sweat and tears. We may have even sacrificed a goat or two to the gods of Blizzard. In any case, head over to the timeline, and enjoy!

Kiithid

Aug 12, 2009
O awesome... I wonder why timelines always move me so much. I guess I should have gone after a history degree >>"

Anyway, found a typo, archievement "More dos!" archieved by throwing 486s at Onyxia while she deep breath.

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
It wont appear for me o_O Tried refreshing it and such. Might leave it a while and come back and try later.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
There was a machinima contest in WoW? Who won?
What a rich history this game has... Too bad my MMORPG soul already belongs to Champions Online and The Old Republic, when it comes out.

AngryMongoose

Elite Member
Jan 18, 2010
"Axen of the US guild Risen is the first player to receive corrupted Ashbringer, a drop from the Four Horsemen in Naxxramas. The Corrupted Ashbringer can be transformed into the legendary blade Ashbringer via a quest. "

The quest never got implemented.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
A note about the celestial steed. It does not go 310%, it can go up TO 310% if you have a mount that goes that speed, but otherwise, it scales to your skill at 280% or 150%.

Jonci

Sep 15, 2009
Haha. I loved reading about the Corrupted Blood "plague". I had forgotten about that.

Kuliani

BEACUASE
Dec 14, 2004
I didn't see an entry for http://www.wowhead.com/item=34334

Who was the first to get it?

Asturiel

the God of Pants
Nov 24, 2009
Kuliani said:
I didn't see an entry for http://www.wowhead.com/item=34334

Who was the first to get it?
That item paled in in comparison to the awesomeness of Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros [http://www.wowwiki.com/Sulfuras,_Hand_of_Ragnaros], it seems it wasn't newsworthy as well *shrug*.

OT: Hehehe, I've yet to see a single player in WoW use that voicechat feature they added, long live vent!

Whytewulf

Dec 20, 2009
Ha, the real event, was I was the first Tauren Warrior on my server to get a red Bonnet!! I looked tough!

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
Loved the voice chat patch comment: "No one cares." XD

Anyway, really interesting timeline. I didn't even know some of this stuff. Good work on assembling it all.

felixader

Feb 24, 2008
How can the blood plague of this Haggar guy, who gives it when he dies, come around BEFORE he has been downed for the first time?

mythgraven

No One Is Special
Mar 9, 2010
So... just out of idle curiosity, how long until "The Escapist" becomes "The WoWest"?

Every single day there is some article about WoW on this website. Today I think I counted 3. Possibly 4.

I play WoW. I even LIKE WoW. But for the love of all that is Holy Specced, please, guys/gals. Stop it. There are other things to talk about, and no matter HOW many people play this game, and no matter WHAT it has done for MMO's in general, it does NOT need this kind of slavish devotion aura.

Escapist, you can do better. Ive seen you do better. WoW doesnt need day-by-day coverage. Thats what the Blizzard Loading Screen is for.

Whiskey Echo!!

Mythgraven