Come See Our WoW Timeline: Heroic Edition

McNinja

Sep 21, 2008
This is the first time I've heard about the whole ensidia glitch kill thing. And it's total BS. Why should they have gotten banned for doing osmehting that was in the game? Shouldn't blizzard have fixed that in beta? Either way, Cataclysm looks ballin'.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
felixader said:
How can the blood plague of this Haggar guy, who gives it when he dies, come around BEFORE he has been downed for the first time?
Took quite some time before people were able to defeat him, but people were trying long before that. The 'Plague' was one of Hakkar's attacks during the fight, and part of the reason it took so long for anyone to kill him.

If the player died then it ended, and many raids were wiped fighting him obviously since it took awhile for him to be killed. Problem was Blizzard had forgotten about summoned pets, which rather than dying simply were de-summoned when their owners died. Players who'd died in the Hakkar fight would re-summon their pets elsewhere only to discover their pets were still carrying the plague... and that's how it began!

CarlosYenrac

Nov 20, 2007
mythgraven said:
So... just out of idle curiosity, how long until "The Escapist" becomes "The WoWest"?

Every single day there is some article about WoW on this website. Today I think I counted 3. Possibly 4.

I play WoW. I even LIKE WoW. But for the love of all that is Holy Specced, please, guys/gals. Stop it. There are other things to talk about, and no matter HOW many people play this game, and no matter WHAT it has done for MMO's in general, it does NOT need this kind of slavish devotion aura.

Escapist, you can do better. Ive seen you do better. WoW doesnt need day-by-day coverage. Thats what the Blizzard Loading Screen is for.

Whiskey Echo!!

Mythgraven
If you check the front page, you'll notice that this week's issue of the escapist is about World of Warcraft, hence all the articles on the same theme....
As for that timeline up there, that is some AMAZING work- I'll be bookmarking this and posting it for my guildies!

felixader

Feb 24, 2008
The Madman said:
felixader said:
How can the blood plague of this Haggar guy, who gives it when he dies, come around BEFORE he has been downed for the first time?
Took quite some time before people were able to defeat him, but people were trying long before that. The 'Plague' was one of Hakkar's attacks during the fight, and part of the reason it took so long for anyone to kill him.

If the player died then it ended, and many raids were wiped fighting him obviously since it took awhile for him to be killed. Problem was Blizzard had forgotten about summoned pets, which rather than dying simply were de-summoned when their owners died. Players who'd died in the Hakkar fight would re-summon their pets elsewhere only to discover their pets were still carrying the plague... and that's how it began!
Ah ok, thanks for clearification. I 've been reading the whole article and that is where i got the impression that it was just his final blow and not an attack he uses several times during the figth. ^.^

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
I love it, good work guys! I actually learned some new info, and I've been playing since the start, more or less!

Aylaine said:
Awesome. I loved it. I even got a nice badge from it! DING 80!
Nah that DING! badge is level 2 :) There's several badges for the timeline. I've got the level 80 one over there
<--

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
mythgraven said:
So... just out of idle curiosity, how long until "The Escapist" becomes "The WoWest"?

Every single day there is some article about WoW on this website. Today I think I counted 3. Possibly 4.

I play WoW. I even LIKE WoW. But for the love of all that is Holy Specced, please, guys/gals. Stop it. There are other things to talk about, and no matter HOW many people play this game, and no matter WHAT it has done for MMO's in general, it does NOT need this kind of slavish devotion aura.

Escapist, you can do better. Ive seen you do better. WoW doesnt need day-by-day coverage. Thats what the Blizzard Loading Screen is for.

Whiskey Echo!!

Mythgraven
Check out this week's issue. We like to do side projects related to the week's issue (What do you hate? Love letters to villains, etc) and there's a LOT of side projects we can do with a WoW-themed issue. :p

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
i dont play it , but its a nice timeline, i got a badge and its a nice timeline, what more could i want!, i said the same thing twice did'nt I.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
JourneyThroughHell said:
There was a machinima contest in WoW? Who won?
What a rich history this game has... Too bad my MMORPG soul already belongs to Champions Online and The Old Republic, when it comes out.
I think they have one every year (or at least, they announced winners at both of the BlizzCon's I've been to). Here's the 2009 BlizzCon Machinima winner: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR7FC-h0Fb8

(( I'd have posted the video directly, but I can never get the YouTube tag to work. ))

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
WhiteTigerShiro said:
JourneyThroughHell said:
There was a machinima contest in WoW? Who won?
What a rich history this game has... Too bad my MMORPG soul already belongs to Champions Online and The Old Republic, when it comes out.
I think they have one every year (or at least, they announced winners at both of the BlizzCon's I've been to). Here's the 2009 BlizzCon Machinima winner: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR7FC-h0Fb8

(( I'd have posted the video directly, but I can never get the YouTube tag to work. ))
It's (youtube=TR7FC-h0Fb8), only with those circly things replaced with square ones.
Here you go

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
mythgraven said:

Whiskey Echo!!

Mythgraven
I guess you also overlooked all of the columns, comics, videos, and news items that posted this week that had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with WoW.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
McNinja said:
This is the first time I've heard about the whole ensidia glitch kill thing. And it's total BS. Why should they have gotten banned for doing osmehting that was in the game? Shouldn't blizzard have fixed that in beta? Either way, Cataclysm looks ballin'.
They got banned because using exploits is wrong it doesn't matter if it's in the game it wasn't there to be used.

OT: That bit about the WoW addict raiding solo with 36 characters and 11 computers made me lol. Awesome work guys. Oh and that video "BLIND" is also awesome.

Gindil

Nov 28, 2009
Nice, but I wonder when there will be a history timeline on the storyline inside Azeroth?

MrHero17

Jul 11, 2008
Thinks for linking that one forum thread with the RP story, I'm reading it now and it's hilarious.

zwober

Nov 20, 2009
garlicncow said:
"More Dos" bit of a typo on the more dots part I lol'd a bit

myeah, they missed that..
and Thunderfury have a typo aswell. (check the first drop)
level 4 grammar-police ? :D

garlicncow

May 6, 2010
zwober said:
garlicncow said:

find all the typos in the timeline get a badge?

zwober

Nov 20, 2009
garlicncow said:
zwober said:
garlicncow said:

find all the typos in the timeline get a badge?
feels more like a not-implemented questline if you ask me. and equivalent to "Spellings Phylactery*" perhaps. (i think my paladin still has that.. for safekeeping.)

i wonder if you have to go through not only the headlines, but the posts themselfs to clear the quest..

edit: *"Timolain's Phylactery"