Comic Book Tribute to Firefly's Wash Launches in June

Calhoun347

Aug 25, 2009
el sparko said:
PurpleSky said:
How good was this series anyway?I keep hearing about it,and now this!

Didn't it have only 13 episodes or something?What happened?
Firefly is so good, I slapped one of my friends for saying he had downloaded it, liked it and then not bought it.

I physically forced him to buy the box set.
It's so good, I JUST bought a box set of the DVD's for my friend yesterday, after she said she hadn't seen it, while celebrating Joss Whedon's Director's role on the new Avengers movie.

IslandManJack

Feb 21, 2010
The creator of firefly actually said that he had only planned to make one season because he thought it would work much better as a movie.

FourEyedPandora

May 7, 2010
I'm so excited about this! Wash was always my favorite character, but I love Firefly in general. I'll have to get Book's when it comes out as well. ^^

Furism

Sep 10, 2009
Firefly was an amazing show, we all know that. I'm very angered that it got cancelled. But the way Joss Whedon killed Wash in Serenity angers me even more. He deserved a more dramatic death, what with being a main character for a whole season and all.

Halceon

Jan 31, 2009
A cameo? I'm glistening with glee already.
Furism said:
Firefly was an amazing show, we all know that. I'm very angered that it got cancelled. But the way Joss Whedon killed Wash in Serenity angers me even more. He deserved a more dramatic death, what with being a main character for a whole season and all.
That was the best way to kill him. You deify somebody, and then they die like a human. Top-notch storytelling right there.

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
Am I the only one who finds the man in that picture really ugly? It looks nothing like Steve the Pirate Wash, he looks more like some deformed brute from a fairytale and the painfully obvious blonde hair and blue eyes seem almost nazi in ther depiction. Art is fairly important in comics and I know I'll have trouble reading it if that perfect nazi cross ape cross Chell from Portal thing shows up in nearly every pannel.

Anyway, I hate reading/watching something with a character that I like who dies later on. You always get reminded of it.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Ill have to look into this. Loved Wash as a character, and, to see some of his past should be pretty cool ^^

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
IslandManJack said:
The creator of firefly actually said that he had only planned to make one season because he thought it would work much better as a movie.
[citation seriously fucking needed]

Joss Whedon is still bitter about Firefly's cancellation. I think the only people more pissed off about it are us fans.

Tom Goldman said:
The Dark Horse Comics description of Float Out says: "Featuring a cameo that will leave Serenity fans reeling, this special one-shot presents new tales of the Serenity universe's past and tantalizing hints about its future!" Does this mean it will somehow lead in to the finally revealed secrets [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/99120-The-Secrets-of-Fireflys-Shepherd-Book-Will-Finally-Be-Revealed] of Shepard Book coming in November? Either way I'll be camping outside my local comic book store on June 2.
My guess is that no, it won't be Shepherd Book. Notice how the quote says Serenity fans, not Firefly fans? It'll more likely be a character from the movie; the Operative, Mr Universe or someone.