Community Member Spotlight: BonsaiK

Kuliani

BEACUASE
Dec 14, 2004
Community Member Spotlight: BonsaiK

When your love life takes a dive, you call on BonsaiK.

Read Full Article

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
I have not had need of BonsaiK's services as of yet. But if I do, I now know where to find him :)

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Good to see Bon getting some recognition! He certainly deserves it. I've gotten help from him a few times during my time here.
Also, good damn that man has some answers on him.

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
Alright, how did I not see BonsaiK coming?
Stupid stupid stupid!

Anywho, I did not know BonsaiK was in the Music... thing... TEACHING! I believe it said he taught people.
[sub][sub]Such a long read, I started to zone out on some of the answers.[/sub][/sub]

Well cannae think of anything to say other than "Good on ya Mr.[footnote]Yeah... I had to check on this one[/footnote] Bon".
Now you just need to answer my question.

Why is the "K" at the end capitalized?

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Well he can certainly fill out an interview. It was enjoyable. I never knew that he had a "relationship" style thread. Congrats though on being in the spotlight. Always nice seeing people get the recognition they deserve.

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
This should definitely have happened sooner.
This guy is not only the love guru, but quite possibly the most level-headed person I have ever seen on the internet.

Try to imagine me respectfully bowing.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
He got the recognition he deserved.
He's 'Dr.Love'

The most mature person I've found in the Internet.

Apr 28, 2008
Glad to see he was spotlighted. We must plug his relationship thread more. Possibly make it a sticky. That would be just awesome.

And Bosniak, I completely disagree about Bioshock. I'll put that argument in a spoiler.

Bioshock was barely like System Shock 2 at all! It can barely be considered an RPG, the only RPG elements are swapping out plasmids/abilities. There were no real choices in the game except "kill child" or "save child", which was pointless anyway since no matter what you picked you ended up with roughly the same amount of ADAM in the long run, so it didn't really even have any good choices. Basically, it didn't matter how you played the game, there was no incentive to play through it as a different "build" so to speak, because there's barely anything to the RPG system! Plus the crafting system was ultimately pointless. I went through the whole game without needing it. It seemed as though they added it "just because". This made the gameplay boring and repetitive, and did nothing to encourage multiple playthroughs. Plus there was nothing to fear. Thanks to the Vita Chambers which revived you with no ill affects at all, completely eradicated any sense of danger the game could have had. Yes the story was good, but after a while I found myself to be disconnected from it due to the boring gameplay, and ended up continuing on solely for the weapon upgrade station. Because the weapon upgrades look awesome. I don't believe that its close to System Shock 2 at all.

Phwew, seriously though, congrats.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
Thanks for all the positive comments, guys! I sometimes wonder if the things I do here impact anyone at all, as I almost never get mentioned in circle-jerk threads and such, so it's good to get some recognition. It's especially nice to see that people appreciate the Relationship Problem Thread because I've been getting a fair bit of stick for it lately, presumably because helping people on the Internet is uncool or something.

Irridium said:
And Bosniak, I completely disagree about Bioshock.
Oh come on, SS2 and Bioshock so close that they're just about the same game! Everything that's in System Shock 2 is mirrored in Bioshock, as Yahtzee's review points out. Cybermods/Adam, weapon upgrades, plasmids/psi, hacking, level design that makes you backtrack endlessly through bits you've already been through, massive sidetracking quests, even random food, it's all there. Even the vita-chambers are there, something that SS2 vets seem to forget - there's a "nano-reconstruction unit" in System Shock 2 that performs exactly the same function as the vita-chambers in Bioshock. System Shock 2 also had pissweak RPG elements too, because certain builds simply couldn't complete the game. "Role playing" doesn't refer to "rolling the dice", it refers to "playing a role", but if you don't have a choice of viable roles, well... the amount of RPGing you can do therefore becomes limited...

"BosniaK" sounds cool, maybe I should change my name...

What's the K for? That's a secret... ;)

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
Considering his helpfulness with relationships and music, I think he deserved this, even if we disagree about certain things (he knows what I'm talking about...).

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go make several ham-fisted attempts to boost my fame here.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
I don't think the Escapist could be dumbed-down. There's a simple reason for it, which is that there's a forum attached. Themis Media can see people's reactions directly and can see who their demographic is from what people write in the threads and on the comments about the articles.

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
BonsaiK said:
What's the K for? That's a secret... ;)
DAMN!
Well, time to break out the thumbscrews....

Aww, I can't torture you, you're too nice...like a male, slightly less sunny version of Aylaine.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
Oh and I should include this for anyone curious about the last question:

Listening to this really drives home how far so much of rap has gone downhill since...

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
Although I do not currently require BonsaiK's services, he honestly deserves a medal for his relationship thread (guess you'll have to settle for the "star" badge! ;) ). His responses are always coherent, full of sense, and just plain commendable. Another well-deserved community spotlight!