Companies that are pissing you off

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
Are there any companies out there, right now, that have screwed you over or just piss you off?
It can be for any reason at all and if this thread topic has been done before I apologize, I just need to rant right now and get this off my chest and am too lazy to look up the topic (if there is one)

Well I've gotten fucked up the ass by Sony (won't be the last time) I bought a PSN card (50 dollars) in the states and I live in Canada, no one told me these god damn cards were region locked! I called up Sony and they won't even compensate me! They've probably already gotten the money I paid for the card so they should give me 50 dollars on my PSN account! I don't feel like spending another god damn 50 dollars! I really wanted to play Journey so bad!!

Captha: Gray Skies, oh they're gray alright!

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Just make a US account like people suggested. Then your $50 hasn't gone to waste.

OT: Can't think of one, actually.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
Marter said:
Just make a US account like people suggested. Then your $50 hasn't gone to waste.

OT: Can't think of one, actually.

But then the trophies and the regular info won't go on my regular account, plus some of the stuff I want is DLC and background themes and making a US account would mean I'd have to start a game all over again, don't feel like doing that

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I can't quote you 'cause I'm on my phone.

But you can download with the US account and then play them and get the trophies on your normal account.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
Marter said:
I can't quote you 'cause I'm on my phone.

But you can download with the US account and then play them and get the trophies on your normal account.
Soooo I can download them to the US account and still play them on my Canadian account? Also what about DLC and themes?

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Once they're on the console, you can play them on all accounts. DLC and themes are the same.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
Marter said:
Once they're on the console, you can play them on all accounts. DLC and themes are the same.

Well that makes me feel better, thank you so much, you've really made me feel better

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Great, glad I could help! :)

And "Cabin in the Woods" starts in 3 minutes, so glad I could finish this before that begins.

requisitename

Dec 29, 2011
It really did, Smash. :-D

In answer to the question in the OP: Netflix. They pissed me off when they pulled the "double the price" BS and then told their loyal customers to basically piss off if they didn't like it. It isn't that the price went up.. it's the way they handled it. It was crappy. At the time, I had three accounts with them and I cancelled them all and haven't been back. I won't go back. I'd love to have the service, but not enough to reward them for their shitty attitude. :-(

Also, Barnes & Noble (dot com). I made a rather large purchase from them ( > $300) and they charged me for it four times in the span of two days. My bank alerted me to the situation and I called B&N customer service to straighten it out. The first person I talked to didn't listen and transferred me to the fraud department (even though it wasn't fraud - it was an accident on their part).. the fraud department lectured me on what is and isn't fraud because the other person transferred me there (!).. and the third person I talked to told me that it must somehow be my fault that it happened, THEN called me a liar when he looked up my account and didn't see the extra three charges.

I finally got it sorted through my bank about three weeks later. B&N.com won't be getting anymore business from me.

roushutsu

Mar 14, 2012
Gamestop. It started when I briefly worked in a store. I was only there for 2 months and it was one of the most miserable jobs I have ever had. The hours were insane, the managers were NEVER there, we would sometimes work in different stores in multiple locations, and the insane pre-order pushing we had to do. I felt like I couldn't rely on anyone to help me with anything. In the end, I nearly got fired because I wasn't selling enough pre-orders. I understand that quotas have to be met and all, but it was fucking ridiculous let alone difficult to push pre-orders on customers that just wanted to buy their game and go home. Hell the store I specifically worked at was in a mall and the majority of the customers were parents buying games for their small children, so not gonna have much luck pushing most of the upcoming titles that are not appropriate for them. The district manager (who was a maaaaaaaaaajor douche) basically said I had 2 weeks to improve or I was done, right then and there I gave them my 2 weeks notice and bailed. After that I started hearing about the various criticisms and news stories surrounding the company and it made me hate it even more.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
requisitename said:
It really did, Smash. :-D

In answer to the question in the OP: Netflix. They pissed me off when they pulled the "double the price" BS and then told their loyal customers to basically piss off if they didn't like it. It isn't that the price went up.. it's the way they handled it. It was crappy. At the time, I had three accounts with them and I cancelled them all and haven't been back. I won't go back. I'd love to have the service, but not enough to reward them for their shitty attitude. :-(

Also, Barnes & Noble (dot com). I made a rather large purchase from them ( > $300) and they charged me for it four times in the span of two days. My bank alerted me to the situation and I called B&N customer service to straighten it out. The first person I talked to didn't listen and transferred me to the fraud department (even though it wasn't fraud - it was an accident on their part).. the fraud department lectured me on what is and isn't fraud because the other person transferred me there (!).. and the third person I talked to told me that it must somehow be my fault that it happened, THEN called me a liar when he looked up my account and didn't see the extra three charges.

I finally got it sorted through my bank about three weeks later. B&N.com won't be getting anymore business from me.
Yeah I hate Netflix too but for a different reason, back before I got it (I don't actually have it now but I mean free trial) it sounded all nice and awesome but when I got it there was hardly any hollywood movies at all and the ones that were there were released to DVD like months ago. There was just nothing to watch.

requisitename

Dec 29, 2011
My sister has it now, Quiet Stranger, and the last time I was over at her house it appeared as though that has changed. There's a lot more recent stuff than there used to be on the streaming part of it. I think it's what?.. Starz Play?.. something like that, anyway, that's getting a lot more new (within a couple of weeks she said) content now than it used to. So, if that's the only reason you hated them, you might want to give it another try.

I use Amazon Prime Video now (why not since it's free with my Amazon Prime subscription?) and it's got a pretty shitty lineup for me. It has tons of new/newer TV shows, but none of them are really shows I'm interested in. Of late, I've been re-watching through Buffy for lack of anything better to watch. Haha. They also have a lot of older stuff, but very little in the way of "popular" older stuff, except Doctor Who - so, that's nice!.. and they well and truly have crap for movies.

Quiet Stranger said:
Just quoting so you'll know I replied!

ElPatron

Jul 18, 2011
Sony pisses me off too, but because as a former fanboy I am most certainly biased against the stupid decisions they took.

I still think that I'm not being unreasonable for considering them stupid.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Basically the big 3 publishers; Ubisoft, Activision and EA (Not because of ME3). Their general attitude, security (applicable mostly to Ubisoft), business practices and advertising all just rub me the wrong way.

Also Apple for their incredibly misleading ads a few years back and the massive amount of ignorance they create within their user base.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
ElPatron said:
Sony pisses me off too, but because as a former fanboy I am most certainly biased against the stupid decisions they took.

I still think that I'm not being unreasonable for considering them stupid.

But why do they piss you off, how do they?

Eventidal

Nov 11, 2009
Mostly Capcom.

I have heard NOTHING about localizations of anything Monster Hunter-related. While Japan has been rolling in the fun, here in America we get nothing. I and all my friends really want to buy Monster Hunter 3G and play together and that would be so much fun to do.... but we can't do it if they don't localize. That they haven't localized MHP3 or MH Frontier is also just big losses to them. MH doesn't sell as well here, but that's not due to Americans being just different or something. We don't play locally as much, but give us solid online play on a system people actually play online with (Frontier. 360. PC.) and I can pretty much guarantee the fanbase will grow many times its size in the West.

That, and all the other crap they've pulled lately, including the all-out assault against Megaman and any Megaman games as if to flip the bird directly at Inafune for leaving, really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Capcom has a ton of great games but it's like they're killing themselves from within now...

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
Waaghpowa said:
Basically the big 3 publishers; Ubisoft, Activision and EA (Not because of ME3). Their general attitude, security (applicable mostly to Ubisoft), business practices and advertising all just rub me the wrong way.

Also Apple for their incredibly misleading ads a few years back and the massive amount of ignorance they create within their user base.
Yeah, Apple is pretty bad but for me it's more their fanbase that makes me angry

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Quiet Stranger said:
Waaghpowa said:

Yeah, Apple is pretty bad but for me it's more their fanbase that makes me angry
Well yeah, they're part of the reason too. Apple sure as hell isn't trying very hard to educate them, I wonder why...

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Journey's not all 'that', if it helps.

And Ubisoft. If you consider the PC a waste of time then DO NOT DEVELOP GAMES FOR IT. If it is worthy of your time then sit down, shut the fuck up, and do your fucking job and make competent versions of your games; and don't claim the PC release date is the same as the consoles if you are clearly planning to delay it by at least a couple of weeks. And don't lie about which version of your incompetent and obnoxious DRM you are going to make your paying customers endure.

Twats.

And make Splinter Cell interesting again.