Compare and Contrast the last two games you've played.

Coach Morrison

Jun 8, 2009
Max Payne 3 and Dota 2

Well fuck

um they both have numbers in their name. Some of the heroes are depressed. Brewmaster has alcohol. Sniper uses a sniper rifle kinda like Max uses a sniper rifle in the arena level.

That's about all I got

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
ZombiU:

A single-player, first-person survival horror game featuring zombies and set in London. When you die, you respawn as a different survivor and must find your last playable character to regain whatever weapons they were carrying. The plot seems to be fairly linear. Each individual zombie is a legitimate threat and one single bite is enough to kill a player character, making this a very difficult game.

Nintendo Land:

A multi-player toy box featuring 12 minigames based on Nintendo properties. Half of these games are for one player, 3 are exclusively for 2 or more players and the final 3 can be played alone or with a group. There isn't an over-arching story and playing the games gets you coins which can be used in a 13th game (pachinko) which unlocks items and music to bring your park to life. The 12 main games are quite difficult but easy to pick up and play.

similarly:
Both are difficult

Alternatively:
single player vs multiplayer
zombies vs no zombies
Rated M vs Not

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Assassin's Cred 3 and Scribblenauts Unlimited...
I'm not sure where to begin.

Hawk of Battle

Feb 28, 2009
Sim City 4 and Borderlands 2.

Erm... they're both big on customisation and offer large worlds? Yeah, bout all I got there.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Mass Effect 3 and Curse of Monkey Island.

In one you save the galaxy and in the other you stuff random junk down your pants. They are both the third game in their series. Both have you going around in a ship traveling to different places to solve problems. Both have conversation trees. One is sadly lacking in grog and swashbuckling.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
I'm playing Dark Souls and Dishonored. You get to kill lots of ...uh... things, but in Dark Souls, I died a lot, and in Dishonored I killed a lot. :)

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Assassin's Creed and Dishonored.

Both games about assassins. Both with a bit of sci-fi (and/or Steampunk in DH's case) thrown in. Both with incredibly obvious plot "twists" that can be seen coming six miles away.

-AC3 leaves you with a great deal of choice as to *what* you do, while Dishonored's counter-offering is a great deal of choice in *how* you do it.
-Dishonored keeps many of its cards hidden close to its chest, with inobvious clues, no mini-map (though a spell can achieve some level of this), and half or more of its trophies hidden. AC3 just dumps out markers and objectives in glaring detail.
-Dishonored's guards are more tenacious when their suspicious are roused, and credible threats. Meanwhile AC3's are generally ineffective, but can at least be bothered to look up. AC3's behave a bit more plausibly in terms of reacting to your demonstrations of superiority as well.

What I'd like to see from one to the other
AC 3: Take Dishonored's open-route approach, and multiple methods in hand. Leave a bit more of explanation out, and tone down the super-killer aspect a bit.

Dishonored: Third-person view would be nice option. Guards with a morale system that don't all bulldog onto the guy who just sniped their leaders face off with an exploding bullet would be a nice touch too (Particularly the "Common" guards in terms of using Outsider powers and after you eliminate their paycheques in the storyline. Being able to trade in my sword for a non-lethal bludgeon would be handy as well.