Compete for Sweet Swag in Expo's Videogame Tournaments

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
Compete for Sweet Swag in Expo's Videogame Tournaments

Check out our full lineup of videogame tournaments at this year's Expo!

With the Escapist Expo just around the corner - it starts this Friday, people! - now is the perfect time to reserve your spot for any (or all) of our weekend videogame tournaments. From September 14th - 16th, you'll be able to compete head-to-head with other Expo attendees for a series of cool game-related prizes.

Only $10 gets you a Tournament Pass, allowing you to register for our Halo, Mortal Kombat, Virtua Fighter, and Street Fighter competitions, while the League of Legends, Gears of War 3, and Ghost Recon tournaments are all free to enter, courtesy of Riot Games, Epic Games, and Red Storm Entertainment, respectively. Even if you've already registered for one of our Tournament Passes, or just want to complete in one of our free, sponsored events, please take the time to register for individual events [http://www.escapistexpo.com/events] before the Expo. Want to enter a team competition, but don't have a team waiting in the wings? Don't worry; we have you covered. The Escapist will pair up individuals and fill up incomplete teams that have an empty slot or two so no one is left out.

Due to overwhelming support from our amazing sponsors, all winners will walk away with tons of amazing perks and prizes. GameCom 780 [http://gamecom.plantronics.com/] to every PC winner. In addition, Plantronics GameCom will be conducting headset giveaway contests all weekend long that all tournament participants will be automatically entered to win.

Here's the official lineup:

League of Legends
09/14/12 @ 2:00pm - 6:00pm
09/15/12 @ 10:00am - 6:00pm
09/16/12 @ 10:00am - 4:00pm

Additional Prizes: All winners will receive exclusive in-game prizes to their personal accounts, direct from Riot, in addition to on-site swag.

Halo: Reach
09/14/12 @ 1:00pm - 6:00pm

Gears of War 3 (Sponsored by Epic Games)
09/15/12 @ 11:00am - 6:00pm

Additional Prizes:
1x Autographed Epic Edition Gears of War 3
1x Autographed Gears of War 3 Art Book
1x Autographed ComicCon Exclusive Theron Action Figure
1x Autographed Gears of War Board Game
4x Chicks Love Baird T-Shirt

Tom Clancy's: Ghost Recon Future Soldier (Sponsored by Red Storm Entertainment)
09/16/12 @ 11:00am - 4:00pm

Additional Prizes:
Red Storm Entertainment Studio Tour
4x Autographed Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Games
4x Autographed Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Posters
4x Ghost Recon Future Soldier t-shirt

Mortal Kombat 9: Komplete Edition
09/14/12 @ 2:00pm - 6:00pm

Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
09/15/12 @ 12:00pm - 6:00pm

Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition
09/16/12 @ 12:00pm - 4:00pm

Every member of all winning teams for each tournament game will also receive a limited edition commemorative Expo tournament plaque, unique to each game, and a $100 Amazon Gift Card, courtesy of The Escapist.

For a full list of rules, maps, and formats, check out the forum posting located here. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/542.387607-Escapist-Expo-Tournament-Game-List-and-Rules]

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
I'm intrigued by what Riot is going to be handing out, they didn't even mention it on their site...

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
I have never played any of those games and I suck all fighting games ever made except Tekken.

So free tourneys it is then!

Anyway seriously guys! Make the Expo a week long next time so I can actually attend everything I want to!!!

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Does Riot require you do have pre-made teams? Can we just jump in and hope to get matched with good players? :p

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Nasrin said:
Evil Smurf said:
that headset looks good. Too bad I am not going
You still have 4 days to sell your first born son and make your way here!
So where is the paperwork that signs my first born over to the escapist again? PM it too me pls?

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
Fappy said:
Does Riot require you do have pre-made teams? Can we just jump in and hope to get matched with good players? :p
We'll be accepting both kinds. You can either come with your own team or we'll match you up with some folks when ya get here.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Nasrin said:
Fappy said:
We'll be accepting both kinds. You can either come with your own team or we'll match you up with some folks when ya get here.
Awesome!

Who wants to join my team!? We'll probably get stomped, but entry's free, who cares!?

EDIT: Looks like it is Friday through Sunday... I won't be there on time for Friday's games :(

s0osleepie

May 20, 2010
Fappy said:
Nasrin said:
Fappy said:
Awesome!

Who wants to join my team!? We'll probably get stomped, but entry's free, who cares!?

EDIT: Looks like it is Friday through Sunday... I won't be there on time for Friday's games :(
No worries! The brackets will be set-up so that attendees not arriving until Saturday can participate as well. Don't be discouraged by the posted times and please sign up! The more people who are interested that actually preregister, the easier it will be for us to figure out how to structure the schedule to make sure everyone who wants to play can :)

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
I'd likely be more interested if not for the fact that all of them take place at the same times as Panels. Panels > contests I have no chance of winning. The one I'd likely have done would be Gears 3 or Halo: Reach.