Completely innocent things you do that make you look like a serial killer

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
I'm always aware of my surroundings and if I hear something sudden, I usually stop and try to find the source of what it is. It usually just turns out to be some device or natural sounds (water droplets, the wind, traffic, etc.).

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
I use the words "skinning", "pelting", and "faces" a lot more than your average person, and my online username is one letter away from the nickname of Saddam Hussein's cousin, who was executed for crimes against humanity (my mom suggested it).

mastermarty

Feb 13, 2010
In my room I have a medieval crossbow, a medieval dueling dagger, a Venetian mask and a book about medieval torture. Combined with the fact that I ussually wear a long, black coat, dress fancy and wear a hat which casts a shade over my eyes.....

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
mastermarty said:
In my room I have a medieval crossbow, a medieval dueling dagger, a Venetian mask and a book about medieval torture. Combined with the fact that I ussually wear a long, black coat, dress fancy and wear a hat which casts a shade over my eyes.....
So what you're saying is, you're Tuxedo Mask with a crossbow.

I'm ok with this.

mastermarty

Feb 13, 2010
Dirty Hipsters said:
mastermarty said:
So what you're saying is, you're Tuxedo Mask with a crossbow.

I'm ok with this.
And years later, when the killing starts, this image will be the only thing found at the scene of the crime...

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
Well, when I was at university I studied Biochemistry and chemistry which means that my browser history might raise a couple of eyebrows to say the least. The sort of books I read don't help matters either. For example, at the moment I am reading The psychopath test by Jon Ronson, which investigates psychopaths and psychiatrists and the book I read before that was The killer of little shepherds by Douglas Starr which documents the exploits of Joseph Vacher who killed at least 11 people in France, and how he was caught by Dr Alexandre Lacassagne and the prosecutor Emile Fourquet. However, I am a fairly balanced person.

BQE

Posh Villainess
Jun 17, 2013
Zhukov said:
regardlessrampage said:
Zhukov said:
Lilani said:
I always feel like a serial killer when the car in front of me happens to be going the same place I do. Making the same turns, staying in the same lane...I feel like I'm stalking them, lol. And then I begin to wonder if they feel like I'm stalking them.
Heh, I feel that way when I'm walking behind someone at night, especially if the other person is a woman.

Sometimes I overtake people and walk in front of them just so they won't think I'm following them.
i used to do that but one time as i sped up to pass the person in front of me they started running across the street, now i just cross the street and speed up, i don't want to get tazed for trying to be nice.
Well, I'm yet to be tazed, but I've been screamed at.

I used to go jogging at night, mostly so fewer people would see me sweating my majestic bulk along the track. One night I came galloping up behind a couple of young women going in the same direction. They heard me, turned, saw me coming, decided that some guy going for a jog constituted a defcon 2 situation and promptly started squealing their little heads off. One of them nearly fell into the river.
I volunteered a friend and I to get tazed. It was so nice I did it twice (actually there's a story to that.)

Actually it hurt a bunch, it wasn't one of those personal defense contact tasers, it was a police grade one that shoots the pronged bits.

Lonewolfm16

Feb 27, 2012
I've been working on a story... and if anyone read anything of mine they would find lots of runes making up a language of demons, and most of the translations being for some violent stuff (seppkulu=sword marxxkst=demon ungleun=drink glekesk=blood dreykin=kill dreykask=death ect ect) and some writings on the code for a semi-terrorist organization called the Pandemonium Pact. Other than that nothing too creepy. Oh wait, I also still have notes on my arguments for cannibalism being morally acceptable from debate class. I really hope no-one looks in my backpack.

FoxKitsune

Jun 23, 2012
My bedroom wall is dominated on one side by a map of the city of London, covered in post-its and string connecting them to one another.

Innocent explanation- I'm a writer and trying to maintain story consistency

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
I sing songs about murder when I get frustrated by the acts of incredibly moronic people. This happens a lot where I work. My latest little diddy goes like this, sung to the tune of RWBY's From Shadows chorus line:

I Want To
Murder
Every Living Thing
Even While I Sing

I Wanna
Watch The
Whole World Bleed For Me
Darkened Crimson Sea

With Them All
Kill Them All (x3)

Oh How I
Dream Of
Bloody Strangling
Every Human Being

And Now I
Think Of
Peace Eternally
Have No Sympathy

For You All
Kill Them All (x3)

That, and I dream of owning a pair of ferret nunchaku with which to chase whiny cabbage patch mongoloid children.

Smiley Face

Jan 17, 2012
In all likelihood, one of the few things that would make me look suspicious is how small a footprint I tend to leave - I haven't touched my mail or facebook in half a year, don't really use a cellphone, or even a regular phone for that matter (fairly uncommon for a 20-year old with access to all of those things). This is one of the few places I regularly frequent on the internet, and even here, I've had long periods of inactivity.

Other than that, I seem perfectly normal... which is exactly how a serial killer would WANT to look, muahahahaha....

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
I actually dont have anything that comes to mind.
I google AKB and games and movies but never...Oh wait.
I do have a thing for Aum. That classifies me as a terrorist in japan.

Matt Dellar

Jun 26, 2011
My Google searches are probably arrest-worthy in some countries (China, North Korea, and Arab nations aside). But I'm a writer, so researching disturbing things is in the job description.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
FoxKitsune said:
My bedroom wall is dominated on one side by a map of the city of London, covered in post-its and string connecting them to one another.

Innocent explanation- I'm a writer and trying to maintain story consistency
My first thought before Serial Killer would be that you were cosplaying Richard Castle, but yeah :D

OT: Internet history maybe?

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I find myself singing absent-mindedly sometimes when I'm listening to music. All well and good right? Well I listen to a lot of Slipknot, trying quietly singing this on public transport:
I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound
I wanna push my face in and feel the swoon
I wanna dig inside, find a little bit of me
Cuz the line gets crossed when you don't come clean

My wormwood meets your pesticide
You'll never get out, cuz you were never alive
I am infinite, I am the infant finite
Come a little closer and I'll show you why

(NO ONE IS - SAFE)
Noises, noises, people make noises
people make noises when they're sick
Nothing to do except hold on to NOTHING (x2)

How does it feel to be locked inside another dream
That never had a chance of being realized?
What the fuck are you lookin' at?
I'll tell you what you're lookin' at
Everyone you ever fuckin' laughed at

Look in my eyes for the answers - typical
I can feel it underneath like a miracle
Everybody in the world needs more than
Lies and consequences to power them
Once again, it's me and no one else
I can't remember if there was a someone else
It's not mine, it's not fair, it's outta my hands
And it's shaking - you'll never take me

(NO ONE IS - SAFE)
Noises, noises, people make noises
People make noises when they're sick
Nothing to do except hold on to NOTHING (x2)

NOTHING! (x2)

Come on

(HATE) Hate ain't enough to describe me
(SCREAM) Somewhere between screaming and crying
I'm not supposed to be here
I'm not supposed to be

(WHY) When do I get to know why?
(BITTER) Bitter as the stink of when I try
I'm not supposed to be

NO! (no, no, no, no, no)

Pull your hands away
I'm gone - goodbye - it's so depressing
Withering away
Take a look - inside - my soul is missing
All I have is dead, so I'll take you with me
I Feel like I'm erased - so kill me just in case
I Feel like I'm erased - so kill me just in case
So kill me, just in case

(COVET) Everything around me's mine
(STY) Can't see through the sties in my eyes
I'm not supposed to be

(DOWN) Scratching and clawing all the way
(STAY) You won't let me fucking stay
I'm not supposed to be

(LIVE) Is there another way to live?
(DIE) Cuz it's the only way to die
I'm not supposed to be, come on

No, no, no

I'm not supposed to be (x2)
I've gotten some very weird looks from people. No one wants to sit by the pale guy, staring out the window and singing about how people equals shit under his breath.

snakeinthereeds

Jun 22, 2013
I have a small collection of skulls in my bedroom displayed on a table just 2 metres away from where I sleep. The most prominent being a horse's that's missing part of it's cheekbone and two teeth and faces the bed. I've found all of them while wandering in the forests and meadows surrounding the village I live in either alone or with friends and there were cases where I picked up still meaty corpses to get the bones afterwards. I'm just immune to morbid things, don't get sentimental at a drop of the hat and have never been reminded of that particular collection uppon looking at a living animal. When something's alive I mostly just want to take a curious look at it or pet it or go all bubbly over it or anything else a stable person might do.
Oh I'm also likely to avoid/ignore it if it happens to be a person unless I have immediate bussiness with them. When talking to people I avoid making eye contact like my life depended on it, except when I catch myself doing it and start trying to stop embarrassing myself.
My browsing history can get weird occasionally, but it's slighly milder compared to some things people in this thread mentioned already. I have a facebook accout I created merely for commenting on certain sites, I havent visited the thing itself for months. Skype conversoation topics with some friends of mine can get pretty iffy, but it's ussually something were taking the piss out of.

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
Zhukov said:
I had my backpack searched at work once. (Stuff had been going missing.)

Obviously there wasn't any stolen stuff in there, but I got some funny looks for what was in there.

"I swear, I had no idea I'd left a throwing knife in my bag. Hey, for your information, bolt cutters are very useful things to have around. Same goes for duct tape. Oh come on, don't look at me like that, those gloves are fingerless. Hey, nothing wrong with a first aid kit, pays to be prepared."
The real problem with this is that it becomes so normal to you that you forget other people might find it worrying. I've had my bag taken from me at museums before for carrying a pocket knife, measuring tape, markers, scissors and a gasmask. I understand someone could use those to deface artworks, but it didn't even occur to me those were in there.

OT: Collection of knives and swords (I find them easthetically pleasing), a Guy Fawkes mask from back in the days when that was "V for Vendetta" merchandise rather than an internet-thing and the old long hair and beard combo that scares people when you're 1.85 meters and built like a truck.