Conan O'Brien Reviews Minecraft (Poorly)

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
RAW! D:<

HOW DARE HE GIVE MY BELOVED GAME A 26C! IT MAKES COMPLETELY LOGICAL SENSE FROM AN OUTSIDE PERSPECTIVE! HE JUST DUMBY MAN WHO NO BRAIN THINKY!

I MUST GO SEND ANGRY EMAILS! THAT WILL OBVIOUSLY CHANGE HIS MIND!

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
evilneko said:
therandombear said:
TizzytheTormentor said:
I tried Minecraft and *raises flameshield* It was the dullest experience of my life. I understand the appeal but it is most definatly not for me. I hope I am not bombarded with messages telling me I have no creative imagination and only play CoD (which I don't)
Ye...Minecraft is incredibly boring if you're playing alone. At least it's that for me. And honestly, not a huge fan of vanilla minecraft. Having much more fun with Tekkit mod for it and playing with friends.

Cause no matter what other mods I tried for MC, it is still boring without playing with a friend.

That's my opinion at least. =)
Pfft. I only play alone. I don't want some other loser coming in and wrecking my shit. All you need is a project.. like, in my latest world, rebuilding a deformed village and expanding it until SUDDENLY IRON GOLEMS.
How sad. Your basically ignoring what makes the game fun. Playing together on a world with allot of people who can joke around, have fun and help each other out. Your argument is also invalid because you have antigrief plugins.

All you need is indeed a project, like a project of 50 people recreating the Mines of Moria, Rapture, the entire continent of Westeros or the City of ancient Rome.

Swyftstar

May 19, 2011
Who could get mad at this? It's obvious he doesn't understand the concept. For a sketch about a clueless gamer, Minecraft may very well be the best game to play up for laughs. Oh, and the 360 version has a tutorial so it's obvious he just wanted to jump into something he has no idea about and make fun of it.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
I get the feeling he was having fun but he was just playing up the frustration for comedy. And he's very good at that.

Fractral

Tentacle God
Feb 28, 2012
I laughed a lot at this. His review scores aside, he does touch on the reasons why a lot of people don't like the game, such as the difficulty curve, open endedness and how the game becomes boring and repetitve when you ay it alone, or with just one other person, which is pretty good for a comedian trying to parody game reviews.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
best
scoring system
ever

other then that, if you can't tell it was a joke, you really need to pay more attention

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
I loved that video, and I personally wish that every reviewer on Earth would start using Conan's rating system.

the abyss gazes also

Professional Over Thinker
Apr 10, 2012
mxfox408 said:
I played minecraft and I'm glad I did not pay for it. the game just didn't connect to me. Before you fanboys start flaming,understand that not everyone shares your interest in what you would probably consider a good game, I for one don't share that interest.
RAWR. SOMEONE DOESN'T LIKE SOMETHING I LIKE!!!

When talking about something objective I really don't understand why people get so upset. I don't like sports games. At all. I think they are pointless. I don't think that people that like them are any less people. (Though I do question the wisdom of spending $60 a year for a roster update.)

But really is this news that CoCo didn't like a game. I love Minecraft. I find it sort of zen, especially when I take on a task like flattening a continent (because I'm strange like that.) But I can totally see how it wouldn't gel with some people. Soulless, uncreative, knuckle draggers. :)

UnderCoverGuest

May 24, 2010
I'm more of a Jon/Colbert guy, but just seeing the controllers in their hands and the...nature, of the game box--pretty much said all I needed to know.

ritchards

Non-gamer in a gaming world
Nov 20, 2009
Was that a bad laugh track or something? Were they really high? Anytime he said anything, or looked at the camera, laughter! Wha...?

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
I always like to see people who haven't a clue, giving games a try. Sometimes, when I've been playing Tropico for about 4 hours straight or more, I wonder how exactly I'd look to outsiders and non-gamers. "But...but I'm a dictator!" I would stammer to them, whilst shielding myself from the light of day. "And I...ugh... made a little city."

Ugh, what was my point again? Need to play some more Tropico.

marurder

Jul 26, 2009
If he's doing shows to review games he's desperate for attention. By doing this, he gets more than a good score. *shrugs*

irishda

Dec 16, 2010
Jeez, John Funk, you make it sound like you've got some underlying anger issues with this.

Honestly, it doesn't take a "clueless" gamer to not like minecraft. It's really a game for people who have a lot of time to invest in it, like a dungeon crawler. It's definitely not a game for people who want something to pick up for a half-hour or an hour and then be on their way.

The brilliance may be in the replayability, but people actually have to be excited enough to do it over and over again. And, for a lot of people, they just have too much to do in their day than go build an empty virtual tower.

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
I won't deny it, I'm a *massive* fan of Conan O'Brien and all of his forays into television.

And John? Not the first game he's done for Clueless Gamer. First to make the show, yes. But on TeamCoco, him and Bley have done Michael Phelps: Push The Limit and Star Wars Kinect. Look them up, they're genuinely funny.