Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies Get Sequel-ized in Fake Movie Posters

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies Get Sequel-ized in Fake Movie Posters

New prints have been unveiled from the ongoing Sequel art show being hosted by the iam8bit gallery in Los Angeles.

You may recall earlier this month when we suggested you check out a neat Los Angeles residents to pay the gallery a visit and check out the art. Thankfully, the rest of us now don't have to feel entirely left out.

While the gallery initially kept the majority of its art pieces private, it recently unveiled more to the not-local-public by way of its store page which now features a new slew of Sequel art pieces. Among the new the ones now available for viewing (and up for sale) are posters proposing sequels for films such as Hellboy, Hobo With a Shotgun, Conan the Barbarian, The Professional, The Goonies and more. The art prints themselves range in price from about 50-80 dollars, minus shipping.

And, as with <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/138480-Sequel-Art-Exhibit-Imagines-Cinema-Follow-Ups-That-Should-Have-Been>our first article covering the Sequel show, looking at all the art just brings mind franchises that I wish hadn't ended so soon. Take <a href=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nchj7iP9c6o>Gargoyles, for instance. Granted, it was a TV show and not a movie. Even so, how have we gone twenty years and gotten four Transfomers films without getting any sort of reboot or follow-up to Gargoyles? Put shortly, our world might not be fair, but the world of cinema is just downright cruel. Take a look at the new images and let us know which ones strike your fancy.

[gallery=3527]

Source: <a href=http://store.iam8bit.com/collections/sequel?page=1>iam8bit

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
I would love to see some of these fake posters become a reality. My favorites are Hobo With a Shotgun 2: Rip's Revenge, Hellboy 3 (natch), They Still Live, Mathilda The Professional, The Iron Giants, Cowboy Beebop 2, Monster Squad 2 (nice tagline, btw), The Rocketeer 2, Buckaroo Banzai Against the World Crime League (ALL OF MY FUCKING WANT!), and Death: Diabolik (and here comes the Beastie Boys song Body Movin' entering my head).

I would have added the Big Trouble in Little China sequel, but there is already a sequel to that movie... in comic book form. Boom! Studios is publishing a monthly series of continuing adventures of Jack Burton and the Pork Chop Express with John Carpenter and Eric Powell (the mad creator of my favorite comic The Goon) at the helm.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
008Zulu said:
Aren't they making another Conan movie with Arnold anyway? He's kinda flabby now.
So far, there hasn't been any further word on that. Might be a pipe dream or could be slowly heading towards production, who knows. Right now, Arnie is working on the new Terminator movie reboot/remake/realization that this series should have stopped after the first sequel.

RandV80

Oct 1, 2009
There was a Conan the Barbarian sequel, Conan the Destroyer. They took away everything that made the first one great to make it PG-13 fare and try to cash in. It was awful.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
MATHILDA the professional.... MIND BLOWN!!!!
Damn, I'd pay a lot to see that!

Many of them I'd pay to see. All of them where made very nicely; very humorous and great artwork!

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Woah. I overlooked them before, but that was a mistake. These are so very, very good. Mathilda The Professional...YEEESSS!!

UltimatheChosen

Mar 6, 2009
StewShearer said:
Take <a href=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nchj7iP9c6o>Gargoyles, for instance. Granted, it was a TV show and not a movie. Even so, how have we gone twenty years and gotten four Transfomers films without getting any sort of reboot or follow-up to Gargoyles?
Actually, there was a Gargoyles comic that ran for three years, written by the creator of the TV show, that continued the storyline after the end of the show.

Reed Spacer

That guy with the thing.
Jan 11, 2011
There actually was going to be a sequel to The Last Starfighter, but it never went through.