Concept, Concept, Concept Art, Ho!

hansari

May 31, 2009
Xris said:
Wow, a movie for Furries. Never thought I'd live to see that.
Thats exactly what is going to happen unfortunately...on the opening premier we are gonna have people beating off...and if they even try to put a love angle into this story...
HobbesMkii said:
We lived in some sort of creative Cartoon Golden Age where television execs went to the zoo with their animators and said (pointing to whatever was closest): "That! I want that to talk. And fight crime!"
Those were the good days...I mean whats out there now? Spongebob? Fairly Odd Parents? This isn't a matter of nostalgia, no... cartoons really were something back in our day...I feel sad for the kids today...

I kinda think Avatar is interesting though...one of the few cartoon series that aims to actually be canonical...but now M Knight is making a movie...

hansari

May 31, 2009
So are you guys okay with this unique take of Thundercats?

Cause part of me wishes to see Lion-O in his silly blue leotard...

By the way, are they using the same voice actors?

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
nilcypher said:
HardRockSamurai said:
Saw the concept art; it looks pretty epic. Kinda makes me want to know what Snarf will look like.

If they manage to make Snarf look cool, I will eat my shoes.
If they make Snarf look cool, they will have missed the point of Snarf entirely...
*laughs* Oh so true. As long as they have Susan Blu back as the voice of Cheetara, I'll be watching it.
It never was Susan Blu, it was Lynne Lipton.

hansari said:
As at least one of them is dead, probably not.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Credge said:
Xris said:
Wow, a movie for Furries. Never thought I'd live to see that.
I take it you never lived during the 80's.

Everything from the 80's and early 90's involved an animal of some type.

Except Captain Planet. But he was a homosexual.
Bah, he wasn't a homosexual, he was a snake. That bastard made me care about the environment, and I'll never forgive him for it.

Aac18 said:
Rigs83 said:
It was the 80's and drugs were cheap.
I think I may have lost a few IQ points just watching that.
You can't tell me it wasn't worth it.

This abundance of pussy makes me want to break out some Swat Kats, the second coolest cats around (and a toffee for you if you guess the first correctly, a beating if you don't).

KingPiccolOwned

Jan 12, 2009
hansari said:
So are you guys okay with this unique take of Thundercats?

Cause part of me wishes to see Lion-O in his silly blue leotard...

The blue one makes me think of Piccolo.

Aac18

Mar 21, 2009
ChromeAlchemist said:
This abundance of pussy makes me want to break out some Swat Kats, the second coolest cats around (and a toffee for you if you guess the first correctly, a beating if you don't).
Hmm...I'm not a massive super-powered feline fan so I guess there's only one thing to do Bring the pain

BloodyOne

Mar 23, 2009
I spent my childhood in China... So I missed a lot of cartoons and games. One reason why I am not a very good critic of games.

eggcarrier

May 29, 2009
So the style they're going for in this recent incarnation of Thundercats is, more or less, the Beast Race in Phantasy Star Online. Interesting choice.

KnowYourOnion

Jul 6, 2009
nilcypher said:
Concept, Concept, Concept Art, Ho!

The images were created by Jerry O'Flaherty, who was the art director for Gears of War before moving to Los Angeles to work on the movie.

That explains why the art has a dire case of the browns......spring fashion brown...autumn brown.....fucking brown!!!

Jan 29, 2009
Rigs83 said:
Aac18 said:
I've never actually watched thundercats so I have no idea what its about, but that is some pretty cool concept art.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_cpV00c4IE[/youtube]
It was the 80's and drugs were cheap.
Wow, they didn't waste any time explaining the entire premise and all the characters right from the start...

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Nice, seems they're taking a much more Scifi approach to the story- in the TV show Mum-ra's pyramid was an actual goddamned pyramid, with magical powers. In this it's a techno-fortress.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Gormourn said:
ChromeAlchemist said:
You mean, the Samurai Pizza Cats?
No less than thirty lashings with 50 cent songs looping in the background. Try again.

Disembodied_Dave

The Could-Have-Been-King
Feb 5, 2009
When I saw "ho!" at the end I thought it was going to be about some new SMT game involving Jack Forst. *sigh*

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
I have faith this movie will be great. Why? Cause its not LIVE ACTION!!!!! Someone finally realized what was wrong with the others.
Cept he looks like a Khajiit that wound up in Star Wars or something.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Kiutu said:
I have faith this movie will be great. Why? Cause its not LIVE ACTION!!!!! Someone finally realized what was wrong with the others.
They already have that race. I forget the name. It's in the d20's Expanded book of Aliens.

CATHAR! That was it. Featured in Knights of the Old Republic, actually.

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
TsunamiWombat said:
Kiutu said:
They already have that race. I forget the name. It's in the d20's Expanded book of Aliens.

CATHAR! That was it. Featured in Knights of the Old Republic, actually.
Im just saying they look like Khajiit but the clothes fit Star Wars better than TES. Ofcourse there are cat people in Star Wars. There is every kind of people in Star Wars.