Concept, Concept, Concept Art, Ho!

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
ChromeAlchemist said:
Gormourn said:
ChromeAlchemist said:
This abundance of pussy makes me want to break out some Swat Kats, the second coolest cats around (and a toffee for you if you guess the first correctly, a beating if you don't).
You mean, the Samurai Pizza Cats?
No less than thirty lashings with 50 cent songs looping in the background. Try again.
Given your avatar, Top Cat would seem logical.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
nilcypher said:
ChromeAlchemist said:
Gormourn said:
ChromeAlchemist said:
This abundance of pussy makes me want to break out some Swat Kats, the second coolest cats around (and a toffee for you if you guess the first correctly, a beating if you don't).
No less than thirty lashings with 50 cent songs looping in the background. Try again.
Given your avatar, Top Cat would seem logical.
You are perceptive. Your omniscient moderator powers didn't even need to come into play.

Some English toffee you you!

EDIT: Um...whoops? Here's the toffee.

Gerazzi

Feb 18, 2009
Xris said:
Wow, a movie for Furries. Never thought I'd live to see that.
It's more actiony than anything else.
I never really got into Thundercats.
But their logo is really cool looking.

Also, aren't there a ridiculous number of furries?
Maybe not blatant ones, but you know what I mean.

Anyway, back to the original topic: When I was younger I liked the show but now that I'm older it's lost it's appeal and I doubt I'll watch the movie.

Nemorov

May 20, 2009
Yep. I'll be going to see that. Thundercats was one of those things I watched religiously as a kid, along with Voltron, Gilligan's Island and Sailor Moon.

Artemis923

Dec 25, 2008
Thunder...
Thunder...
THUNDER CATS!

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Almost as good as "BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL!!"

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
nilcypher said:
HardRockSamurai said:
Saw the concept art; it looks pretty epic. Kinda makes me want to know what Snarf will look like.

If they manage to make Snarf look cool, I will eat my shoes.
If they make Snarf look cool, they will have missed the point of Snarf entirely...
*laughs* Oh so true. As long as they have Susan Blu back as the voice of Cheetara, I'll be watching it.
HobbesMkii said:
We lived in some sort of creative Cartoon Golden Age where television execs went to the zoo with their animators and said (pointing to whatever was closest): "That! I want that to talk. And fight crime!"
Not just the Zoo. Need I mention Hong Kong Phooey, Streethawk, Automan, The Littlest Hobo, B.J. and the Bear, SledgeHammer, Knight Rider, The Centurions, Battle of the Planets nee Space Ninja Gatchaman, Superted, SuperGran, Bananaman, Mummies Alive, Inspector Gadget, M.A.S.K., Captain CAAVVVVEEEMAN, Goober and the Ghosthunters....

"So let's see, this morning we have a sixty foot purple ape, a green ghost dog with a beanie, a blob with a moustache and four guys dressed up as animals doing slapstick. Sounds perfect."
Throw in the Smurfs and Looney Tunes, and that just about lists my favorite shows on Saturday Mornings. If Tivo existed back then, I would have filled it thrice over in no time. God, how I loved Captain Caveman. Seriously, a neanderthal who could attract modern-day chicks, and pound things....my hero! Think I need to see if he's on dvd....

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Zeeky_Santos said:
Rule 34. ugh *shudders* god help us all.
Cheetarah defined Rule 34 with little needed to be added...and don't you forget it, you young whipper-snapper!

not a zaar

Dec 16, 2008
I guess after comic books cartoons wouldn't be far behind. I'm sick of all these shitty old cartoons being made into summer blockbusters and having their ad campaigns shoved down my throat every time I turn on the TV or go online.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
samsonguy920 said:
Zeeky_Santos said:
Rule 34. ugh *shudders* god help us all.
Cheetarah defined Rule 34 with little needed to be added...and don't you forget it, you young whipper-snapper!
Hell, this cartoon WAS rule 34 before there WAS an internet, making this trope OLDER THEN TROPE!

Remember, first episode of the series, everyone -starts out naked- Yeah, even Cheetara. I was a kid. Cheetara, was my first love. The hawtness. But yeah, naked. This series got away with ALOT. Anyone remember the 'very special' episode, with Silky? An evil plant get's the thundercats hooked on a euphoric hallucinagenic drug and controls them via their addiction. Yeah, thats right, they had a drug episode.

Outtakes from the Thundercats.

Not Safe for Work.

...[/youtube]

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
It seems kinda wrong without the leotard and stuff. Well whatever happens, I'll still have the series boxsets to remind me how good it was, and it was and still is, good.

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
ChromeAlchemist said:
tom cat?

InvisibleMilk

Nov 19, 2008
Gormourn said:
ChromeAlchemist said:
I'm horribly surprised anyone else has heard of either of those shows.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
TheNumber1Zero said:
ChromeAlchemist said:
tom cat?
[small]User was dragged out into the street and shot for this post.[/small]

Close though. Unless you weren't serious, then I see what you did there.