Concept, Concept, Concept Art, Ho!

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Concept, Concept, Concept Art, Ho!

Pssst? Want to see some concept art for the Thundercats movie? Step inside...

Oh internet, is there anything you can't provide? Obviously the answer to that question is 'yes', but it does bring us some pretty cool stuff. Today's offering is some leaked concept art from the CG Thundercats movie.

The images were created by Jerry O'Flaherty, who was the art director for Gears of War before moving to Los Angeles to work on the movie.

If these images are anything to go by, the Thudercats are going to look a lot more feline than their previous incarnations, and bright blue briefs are out and sensible leather clothing is in. There's also a piece depicting Mumm-Ra's pyramid, and an attack from the Mutants.

Obviously, good concept art doesn't necessarily mean the movie itself will be good, but I know that I'm suddenly a lot more excited about it.

Source: Movie Line [http://www.movieline.com/2009/07/movieilne-presents-the-never-before-seen-concept-art-for-warner-bros-thundercats.php] via EvilAvatar [http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1775700#post1775700]

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
Saw the concept art; it looks pretty epic. Kinda makes me want to know what Snarf will look like.

If they manage to make Snarf look cool, I will eat my shoes.

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
HardRockSamurai said:
Saw the concept art; it looks pretty epic. Kinda makes me want to know what Snarf will look like.

If they make Snarf look cool, they will have missed the point of Snarf entirely...

Xris

Aug 1, 2009
Wow, a movie for Furries. Never thought I'd live to see that.

Aac18

Mar 21, 2009
I've never actually watched thundercats so I have no idea what its about, but that is some pretty cool concept art.

GodsOneMistake

Jan 31, 2009
HardRockSamurai said:

a few scars across the eye, a crossbow on his back, make his fur more fiery, i think it can be done... oh and don't forget the cigar

Rigs83

Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
Aac18 said:
I've never actually watched thundercats so I have no idea what its about, but that is some pretty cool concept art.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_cpV00c4IE[/youtube]
It was the 80's and drugs were cheap.

Credge

Apr 12, 2008
Xris said:
I take it you never lived during the 80's.

Everything from the 80's and early 90's involved an animal of some type.

Except Captain Planet. But he was a homosexual.

HobbesMkii

Hold Me Closer Tony Danza
Jun 7, 2008
Credge said:
Xris said:
I take it you never lived during the 80's.

Everything from the 80's and early 90's involved an animal of some type.

Except Captain Planet. But he was a homosexual.
This is entirely true. And all those cartoons were great! Thundercats, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Street Sharks, Extreme Dinosaurs, Samurai Pizza Cats, Motorcycle Mice from Mars, Mighty Ducks. We lived in some sort of creative Cartoon Golden Age where television execs went to the zoo with their animators and said (pointing to whatever was closest): "That! I want that to talk. And fight crime!"

Feb 13, 2008
nilcypher said:
HardRockSamurai said:

If they make Snarf look cool, they will have missed the point of Snarf entirely...
*laughs* Oh so true. As long as they have Susan Blu back as the voice of Cheetara, I'll be watching it.
HobbesMkii said:
We lived in some sort of creative Cartoon Golden Age where television execs went to the zoo with their animators and said (pointing to whatever was closest): "That! I want that to talk. And fight crime!"
Not just the Zoo. Need I mention Hong Kong Phooey, Streethawk, Automan, The Littlest Hobo, B.J. and the Bear, SledgeHammer, Knight Rider, The Centurions, Battle of the Planets nee Space Ninja Gatchaman, Superted, SuperGran, Bananaman, Mummies Alive, Inspector Gadget, M.A.S.K., Captain CAAVVVVEEEMAN, Goober and the Ghosthunters....

"So let's see, this morning we have a sixty foot purple ape, a green ghost dog with a beanie, a blob with a moustache and four guys dressed up as animals doing slapstick. Sounds perfect."

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
I wouldn't happen to be the only one who severely disliked Thundercats in my youth, would I?

However, I must admit that concept art looks fantastic. Not just in the colors, but the designs themselves. I never thought Liono could actually look cool (and somewhat like Dwayne Johnson).

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Concept art looks pretty cool. Well,it always does,but that's not the point. The point is that FINALLY someone will depict cats as a good guys. Pretty rare,since all positive depictions of cats I remember is Aristocats,Kot Leopold (soviet cartoon),a couple of obscure shows,and other couple of shows where they're neutral.

New Thundercats movie seems like a break in a flow of ruthless anti-cat propaganda.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
nilcypher said:
HardRockSamurai said:

snarf was cool? i always hated him. i hope they either don't put him in or have them smack him around a bit cause frankly he deserved it but i do realize he was more or less the comic relief of the show but he was so annoying

May 7, 2008
nilcypher said:
HardRockSamurai said:

SNARF SNARF!!