Conduit 2 Review

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010
Conduit 2 Review

If you're looking for a shooter on the Wii, this is a shooter on the Wii.

Read Full Article

Dec 14, 2009
Steve Butts said:
Conduit 2 Review

If you're looking for a shooter on the Wii, this is a shooter on the Wii.

Read Full Article
Didn't the devs for this game send you guys an email, apologising for how 'awesome' this game would be and how it would ruin all games for you?

That didn't turn out so well did it.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
No offence but your a bit late but I guess it better to see the review now than later.

Yeah I do agree with the plot and dialogues being cliche and cheesy (Andromeda is the typical sexy sidekick and have you seen her butt?) and yeah the AI are stupid. I pretty much bought it for the multiplayer since I enjoyed the first game multiplayer aswell although it competely different now which I had to adjust.

Gigatoast

Apr 7, 2010
RETARDED SPOILER ALERT!

At the end a bunch of old US presidents (Abe Lincoln, George Washington etc.) come out of a big dimensional portal dressed like space marines telling you that they need your help to save the universe or some bollocks.

Dumbest plot twist ever.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
same problem that the original Halo had...a handgun that basically functions as a miniaturized handheld space cruiser defense cannon? :p

nima55

Paladin of Traffic Law
Nov 14, 2010
Gigatoast said:
RETARDED SPOILER ALERT!

At the end a bunch of old US presidents (Abe Lincoln, George Washington etc.) come out of a big dimensional portal dressed like space marines telling you that they need your help to save the universe or some bollocks.

Dumbest plot twist ever.
What are you talking about That was awesome. Im hopeing for mecha Taft in the next one ^^

Stevepinto3

Jun 4, 2009
Gigatoast said:
RETARDED SPOILER ALERT!

Dumbest plot twist ever.
That would be awesome if it were trying to be camp. If it's playing it straight then...well it's still hilarious but in a bad way.

Also I'm amazed at how bad the graphics are. It's like you have to actually try to get a game to look that crappy in 2011, even on the Wii.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
see: ... The Spy Who Shagged Me
Hmm, good idea. I think I'll do that, because watching a funny movie sounds like more fun than playing The Conduit 2.

Daystar Clarion said:
Didn't the devs for this game send you guys an email, apologising for how 'awesome' this game would be and how it would ruin all games for you?

That didn't turn out so well did it.
Yep, that was them all right.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...pologizes-for-Upcoming-Conduit-2s-Awesomeness

Anyway, there's one thing I want to know: does the game still go "BDEEP BDEEP BDEEP BDEEP BDEEP BDEEP!" when it finds a hidden door? :p

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
Gigatoast said:
RETARDED SPOILER ALERT!

Dumbest plot twist ever.
Oh dear god, please tell me I can find a video of this somewhere.

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
Country
Nederland
What was up with that weird corrupted thing at the end?

Mr. Fister

Jun 21, 2008
mjc0961 said:
Anyway, there's one thing I want to know: does the game still go "BDEEP BDEEP BDEEP BDEEP BDEEP BDEEP!" when it finds a hidden door? :p
Nope. Hidden doors don't exist anymore. You can ping the ASE to find hidden powerups and conspiracy objects, but that's it.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Alien Presidents? Fascinating. And he travels through a...Stargate, apparently? And if he goes by Stargate to Atlantis, shouldn't he be getting yelled at by David Hewlett and beaten up by Jason Momoa?

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
Steve Butts said "ME-lee". I cringed. That's really all I took from this. Apart from the comments about space washington and space lincoln in the comments. Frankly, I'm not sure everything couldn't at least be partially improved by SPACE LINCOLN.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Stevepinto3 said:
Also I'm amazed at how bad the graphics are. It's like you have to actually try to get a game to look that crappy in 2011, even on the Wii.
Tell me about it. I mean, the Wii isn't that underpowered. Yet looking at this makes me think of an N64 game.

Seriously, there are dozens of gamecube games that look better than this. Let alone Wii titles.
(Ans whatever else may be true, the Wii is more powerful than a Gamecube.)

Kind of ironic from a dev group that made a big deal about the graphics of the original 'conduit' title.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
Gigatoast said:
RETARDED SPOILER ALERT!

Dumbest plot twist ever.
That sounds incredible reading it, I assume it's not quite as awesome as it sounds, though.

In practice, that would be sort of stupid...

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
SamuelT said:
What was up with that weird corrupted thing at the end?
The game glitched out like that during our capture, and it was just too coincidentally and funny that the main character complains about something being broken.