Congress taxing soda?

chronobreak

Sep 6, 2008
This kind of thing will just keep happening until people discover the benefits and wonders of Stevia.

Dynex811

Jan 14, 2009
Danman1 said:
Dynex811 said:
We have naturally sweetened soda?

Edit: Oh and it's not the Obama administration, it's the Patterson administration of New York. So yeah.....
I think naturaly soda is just when they feed the workers nothing but donuts for two months and then have them pee in a bottle. You know mountain dew, gatorade and junk
Lmao

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Panzer_God said:
1) Why would you tax my soda? and 2) Why is artificially sweetened soda exempt?
1) Yes and no, I'd drop the taxes on Sugar but apply them to all things that use it.

2)Because it's in large companies interests to keep selling you the cheaper but more harmful artificial sweeteners. If it were up to me I'd ban the use of corn syrup outright, who the hell decided it was more healthy?

Zephirius

Jul 9, 2008
Panzer_God said:
Please Don said:
TheNecroswanson said:
Please Don said:
TheNecroswanson said:
I just loved how the reasoning behind this was that soda causes obesity. There is no way you can prove that. Especially if you look at my friend whom drinks almost a damned 24 pack a day and hasn't gained a fucking pound.
You know what causes obesity? NOT EXERCISING.
There is no possible way that not exercising can ever cause obesity.
True, it requires a poor diet and overly sedentary life style as well.
You know me so well.

In actuality I perfectly exemplify those qualities, yet I've been drastically losing weight. Though my diet is horrifically made up of microwave meals, junk food, and soda, I just plain don't eat a lot, soda is the only thing I consistently consume a lot of.

Currently at 140
I really hate you, I don't drink soda, i try not to eat out (which is very hard in my family) and I don't eat too much and I'm still over 220
I'm a little under 150 myself, and I only get out of my seat to go to bed, take a leak, or get food. I mostly eat well-cooked dinners and cookies. Occasionally a sammich. As for what I drink, I just got braces so have started binging tea and water.