Consented Canabalism - be warned because its far worse than it sounds - seriously its really creepy

creonto

Feb 16, 2011
yes that is exactly what it looks look. I recently found this article: (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2003/dec/04/germany.lukeharding) and i am wondering what the Escapist population thinks on the subject. Is he a murderer? or should he just be charged with "murder on demand" as his lawyers argue?
please read the article fully as i want educated opinions on why you think what you do.
Personally, i lean more towards agreeing with his lawyers as he killed only with explicit permission.

Edit:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2006/may/09/ukcrime.world?INTCMP=ILCNETTXT3487
that is the official ruling if you care
thanks for posting that i couldnt find it

Dimitriov

The end is nigh.
May 24, 2010
Well I don't know about Germany, but here you don't have the legal right to end your own life. So you certainly can't give consent for someone else to do it.

Edit: also that story is fairly old, and I heard about it years ago.

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
Woah what, agreed to be eaten? Why consent to that? Not like you'd be alive to enjoy the sweet, sweet... uh *cough*

If consent was given, yeah, lawyers got it right. Kind of like assisted suicide with more eating.

Silent Anima

Jun 2, 2011
The first thing that popped into my mind was Eaten by Bloodbath. Fits quite nicely.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
That article is from 2003. He's already been charged, tried, and convicted of murder. He is serving his life sentence as we speak.

Totes agree with it.

Mr. Google

Jan 31, 2010
woah...thats messed up! I cant even fathom that desire seriously. But to be fair I mean....they both agreed to it so no crime in my eyes was done. Its hard to say that though.

renegade7

Feb 9, 2011
Wow that is fucked up...assisted suicide is a crime because people who have a death wish can be treated.

Seriously, I'm gonna go ahead and guess that all the people saying "Well it was his choice" have never known anyone who committed suicide.

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
Xiado said:
Sober Thal said:
It doesn't matter that someone tells you commit a crime, it's still a crime.
I disagree. The idea of "crime" is that you're infringing on someone's rights. Giving someone money is not the equivalent of them stealing from you and telling someone to kill you is not the equivalent of them murdering you. The right to life implies the right to death the same way the right to property implies the right to give it away.
But then we get into the loophole where, perhaps, someone quite scary is handing you a contract and a pen, saying "Sign it, or I won't kill you. I'll do far worse..."

There's no escape. Do you sign it?

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
Xiado said:
BeerTent said:
Xiado said:
Sober Thal said:
It doesn't matter that someone tells you commit a crime, it's still a crime.
I disagree. The idea of "crime" is that you're infringing on someone's rights. Giving someone money is not the equivalent of them stealing from you and telling someone to kill you is not the equivalent of them murdering you. The right to life implies the right to death the same way the right to property implies the right to give it away.
But then we get into the loophole where, perhaps, someone quite scary is handing you a contract and a pen, saying "Sign it, or I won't kill you. I'll do far worse..."

There's no escape. Do you sign it?
Threatening someone into an action, therefore a crime. Doesn't matter if the action is legal or not. Same as pointing a gun at a person's loved one and saying "Have sex with me or I'll kill your family"
But the document said you wanted it! Your remains are found with it, nothing to pursue.

TheNewDemoman

Feb 21, 2010
No doesn't matter. Murder is murder, just because someone wants to end there life doesn't mean you shouldn't help them -_-.