Considering getting Mass Effect

No-Superman10

Sep 6, 2008
When Mass Effect first came out I simply put it down as "Fallout in Space" but since then i have seen some videos and my opinion has begun to shift. Imma' sum this up quickly for you, Should i get Mass Effect 2 or what?
I am a little uncertain if my laptop could run it but The Orange Box works fine if that means anything.
If someone could give me a link to somthing that you think would convince me either way then feel free to do so. Thanks in advance.

kampori

Jan 25, 2010
Don't have a link, unless you just want to YouTube videos of it, but Mass Effect 2 is a must, as is Mass Effect. Should run fine, depending on your computer.

Nothing like Fallout, so different. Better. Its a linear, fantastic story- and character-driven RPG and shooter in a better- than- Star Wars-set-Sci Fi universe.

Best 2 games I've ever played, no joke, no exaggeration.

t.tocs

May 23, 2008
The game is nothing like Fallout at all. I don't even know how someone could put the two together. It's basically a space opera. You meet characters and grow with them and learn to love/hate them. It's a unique experience and it's my favorite game ever.

If you want to see if you can run it, go to this website and find it on the list. www.canyourunit.com

I use that site before I buy any PC game.

Layz92

May 4, 2009
Mass Effect 2 is a fun game. I wouldn't recommend 1 so highly cos it bored the life out of me. So yeah... get 2. (also go the class that is speced for shotguns and doing the warp dive/charge thing, it's my personal favourite)

Milo Windby

Feb 12, 2010

As what kampori said, It is worth playing, I`m going to have to guess you have not played the first game yet though. So I have to answer with... NO... don`t get Mass Effect 2, get the first game First and then play it, once you beat it go for the second and the best part is you can then transfer your character from the first to the second.

Volafortis

Oct 7, 2009
No bundle pack, but I believe they'll be going on sale on Steam soon, it's EA week.

Also, play 1 first. If you haven't played 1 and play 2, you'll still enjoy 2, but playing 1 adds so much more depth to the story, and far more emotion behind encounters with certain characters.

Milo Windby

Feb 12, 2010
No-Superman10 said:
Is there a bundle pack i can get?
I don`t think they do at the moment, but seeing how any game (sometimes) gets a bundle package at some point, they might... down the road...

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
I suggest you get the first one first, as it's much cheaper, see if you like it then buy the second one. Just recently bought and played through it myself. It's a very good game. I just hope the second one is as good.

Nemu

In my hand I hold a key...
Oct 14, 2009
I found it to be a complete and utter bore.

Then again, I'm not into shooters, as that was my "post-OMFG-Fallout-is-fsking-boring!" attempt at liking the so-called "good games" for X-Box.

*shrugs* To each their own. My GF is playing thru her 3rd run of ME2, so it's prolly just me being a hater of the genre.

kampori

Jan 25, 2010
Milo Windby said:

As what kampori said, It is worth playing, I`m going to have to guess you have not played the first game yet though. So I have to answer with... NO... don`t get Mass Effect 2, get the first game First and then play it, once you beat it go for the second and the best part is you can then transfer your character from the first to the second.
Sorry yes- I forgot to mention in my original post. Before playing ME2, Mass Effect is a must-play, for story, background, characters, universe, lore etc.. Its not essential, but will make playing ME2 1,000% more enjoyable.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
Well get the first one since it is a continuing story. It's also BioWare which means if you weren't ready to jump on it you never played KotOR... "Fallout in Space"? Poppycock, I tell you.

blindthrall

Oct 14, 2009
Tuchanka looks like Fallout, for very obvious reasons. But seriously, it's been a while since a game pulled off excellent story and excellent gameplay AND gets progressively better towards the end (Deus Ex, if you're wondering). Fallout 3, Planescape, and Bioshock all fuck up in one of those respective categories.

VulakAerr

Mar 31, 2010
I definitely agree that you should play the first one first. Keep in mind that it isn't as slick or quite as good-looking as the second game but it is a wonderful story that develops into an amazing space-opera.

Stu1701

Jun 29, 2009
The only thing Fallout 3 and the Mass Effect games have in common are that they're both sci-fi action RPGs, so other than their genre they're distinctly different from each other. I've played Fallout 3 and both Mass Effect games to death and I have to say I love them. Mass Effect is a bit more action/shooter based than Fallout in my opinion, especially more in the second one. Both Mass Effect games are very good and I'd definitely recommend them. Play Mass Effect one first, it makes the second one that much better because you can import your Mass Effect one character and decisions made in the first one will effect the story of the second one.

DSEZ

Aug 8, 2009
i played mass effect 1 for the first time last night i loved it the story the characters everything

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
Milo Windby said:
Agreed. Everything in the second game will be more significant to you if you play the first. It's also cool to transfer your shepard from the first game; it's like you're creating your own little space epic *fuzzy feelings*