Consortium Is Free For The Weekend In This Timeline

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Consortium Is Free For The Weekend In This Timeline

For this weekend only, Interdimensional Games is giving Consortium away on Steam for absolutely no cost.

It's been two years since Interdimensional Games released Consortium, an indie RPG <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/editorials/reviews/10928-Consortium-Review-Subversively-Meta-Role-playing>that played like the love-child of Deus Ex and Stanley Parable. The game was short, sweet, and highly replayable, telling a story of alternate timelines that left fans <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/141458-Consortium-The-Tower-Prophecy-Releases-Unreal-Engine-4-Trailer#&gid=gallery_4389&pid=1>craving a sequel. If you haven't played it yet and this concept intrigues you - which it should - you're in luck! Consortium is available this weekend for free on Steam.

Consortium follows Bishop Six, a special operative of a global peacekeeping agency in 2042. During a routine flight over Dublin, Six discovers the body of a fellow crewmate moments before their airship is attacked by militant extremists. Six finds himself investigating the murder while simultaneously preventing an international crisis, all while remaining unsure of who to trust.

But that's not even Consortium's big gimmick: It's that you're not Six at all. You play as yourself, hacking Six's brain from our world as part of an alternate timeline experiment. It's a really clever twist that gives you in-game decisions cosmic consequences, making Consortium one of 2014's most memorable RPGs.

[gallery=5433]

Consortium was easily among my favorite games of 2014, and it's hard to beat a free price tag. Even better, anyone who downloads the game this weekend will have it permanently attached to their Steam account. Here's hoping that means we'll have more news <a href=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWTWJYXZvq8&feature=youtu.be&list=PLAu3Msds_3yYijp70y6YVy_RyhDTQKsCW>regarding Consortium: The Tower soon, because the past two years have been a very long wait.

Source: Steam

Rosiv

Oct 17, 2012
Glad I have no life and check The Escapist religiously or I would miss out on all the free games. Now if only I had the time to play it...

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I'm confused, is it free to play for the weekend? Or is it free for the weekend, then after the weekend is over you own it still? It's just not very clear in this situation.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Rosiv said:
Glad I have no life and check The Escapist religiously or I would miss out on all the free games. Now if only I had the time to play it...
There's something inherently wrong about this statement but I just barely can't precisely figure out what.

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
Baresark said:
I'm confused, is it free to play for the weekend? Or is it free for the weekend, then after the weekend is over you own it still? It's just not very clear in this situation.
Sounds like its one of Valves usual free weekends.

You get it for the weekend, then when the weekend is over you can't play it anymore without paying for it.

Edit - I take it back, the way it looks is you can just get it for free like one of Origins on the house games. That's interestin.

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
Uh, thanks for saying the game is free and then spoiling a large part of the game, I guess?

popa_qwerty

Dec 21, 2010
Baresark said:
From the looks of it is free to keep. Most games I've seen keep a price tag during a Free Weekend and show up in your library automatically which this game does not.

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Baresark said:
shintakie10 said:
Baresark said:
Sounds like its one of Valves usual free weekends.

You get it for the weekend, then when the weekend is over you can't play it anymore without paying for it.

Edit - I take it back, the way it looks is you can just get it for free like one of Origins on the house games. That's interestin.
Yup, you get to keep the game after.

Corven said:
Uh, thanks for saying the game is free and then spoiling a large part of the game, I guess?
Nope. No spoilers. That big twist is literally the first thing you're told in the game.

Webb Myers

May 17, 2010
If you actually start the game, you'll see an announcement that Consortium: The Tower is coming to kickstarter on January 18th. It also links to the sequel's website: http://www.thetowergame.com/

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
Poetic Nova said:
And added to my library. Can't watch a given horse in its mouth now, can I?
Same here. Installing it, but no idea when I'll actually get around to it.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
its an ok game but the problem is that you have to listen to every single dialog over and over again and you cant skip it. just to make different choices to get nearly the same outcome. in the end i got stuck when i decided not to listen to the message and i wondered around the entire plane and nothing happened.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Free game. Sure, I'll grab one. Thanks.

Cowabungaa said:
Rosiv said:
There's something inherently wrong about this statement but I just barely can't precisely figure out what.
Oh oh, I know! He said that he doesn't have time to play it, yet he apparently has enough time to religiously check The Escapist due to his "lack of life". Therefore, he should have time to play it.

zidine100

Mar 19, 2009
I really liked it,
well there was a certain point where they suddenly dropped a certain bin laden character out of nowhere, which just jumped the shark in my eyes, but apart from that

Im totally hyped for the sequel.

Miral

Random Lurker
Jun 6, 2008
Well, at least part of the wait is over [https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/idgi/consortium-the-tower]...