Constantine: Show Me Where You Were Touched By An Angel

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Constantine: Show Me Where You Were Touched By An Angel

Constantine's "Angels and Ministers of Grace" has some excellent character developments, but squanders them so Manny the angel can do sexual comic relief.

Read Full Article

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Veldie said:
Some of Mannys scenes where over done but I enjoyed the ep well enough.
Agreed. One of the best so far. I loved and laughed at Manny's experience, trapped as a human. I loved when the real doc showed up and fainted.

This was one of the better episodes of an engrossing show.

A-. It was that good and fun!

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Gorfias said:
Veldie said:
Agreed. One of the best so far. I loved and laughed at Manny's experience, trapped as a human. I loved when the real doc showed up and fainted.

I really want a season 2. With having worked on stuff a good bit now they are sure to make a major improvment. Look at Arrow season 1 was overall meh but it's really good now.

I love how the show is telling smoking ccensors to go to hell with it tho but I don't mind tho it's a major trait of him from comics

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Veldie said:
Gorfias said:
Veldie said:

I really want a season 2. With having worked on stuff a good bit now they are sure to make a major improvment. Look at Arrow season 1 was overall meh but it's really good now.

I love how the show is telling smoking ccensors to go to hell with it tho but I don't mind tho it's a major trait of him from comics
My bad, season one of Arrow was so bad I didn't stick with it. Someday, the entire run will be on Netflix streaming and I'll binge watch it.

I'm largely not making the same mistake with Flash. Looking forward to the Marvel 4 on Netflix. Stayed with Marvel, Agents of Shield. Not into the one with Peggy from Captain America. She isn't a Super Hero! And, somehow, sticking with Gotham. I am not sure why.

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
Fanghawk said:
Instead, the horrific monster who rushes into frame is... some guy in a black trenchcoat. Sure, he has hideous facial scars, but that makes him a B-Movie villain at best. His appearance is so out-of-place with the rest of the episode that I almost burst out laughing every time he showed up. Constantine has done far better monster designs than this, and probably should've just kept the killer in the shadows.
My guess here is that they just didn't know how else to portray Eclipso, his comic look is obviously too cartoony for this series, he's not a monster (visually) and just showing the possessed guy would've given away the mystery too soon.

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Eleuthera said:
Fanghawk said:
Instead, the horrific monster who rushes into frame is... some guy in a black trenchcoat. Sure, he has hideous facial scars, but that makes him a B-Movie villain at best. His appearance is so out-of-place with the rest of the episode that I almost burst out laughing every time he showed up. Constantine has done far better monster designs than this, and probably should've just kept the killer in the shadows.
My guess here is that they just didn't know how else to portray Eclipso, his comic look is obviously too cartoony for this series, he's not a monster (visually) and just showing the possessed guy would've given away the mystery too soon.
Wow, I hadn't even made the Eclipso connection. *headsmack*

You're probably right about not wanting him to look cartoony, but the problem remains: When I'm laughing at the pre-biblical monster/supervillain because he's reduced to hoofing it down the hallway after an alcoholic, something's not working. The better choice would be to show less of him.

For example, since the diamond snuffs out divine light in humans, how about when the diamond is active its immediate surroundings are immersed in shadow, with the darkness occasionally breaking to show a silhouetted human inside.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Gorfias said:
Veldie said:
Gorfias said:
Veldie said:

My bad, season one of Arrow was so bad I didn't stick with it. Someday, the entire run will be on Netflix streaming and I'll binge watch it.

I'm largely not making the same mistake with Flash. Looking forward to the Marvel 4 on Netflix. Stayed with Marvel, Agents of Shield. Not into the one with Peggy from Captain America. She isn't a Super Hero! And, somehow, sticking with Gotham. I am not sure why.
Flash has been amazing so far I love how well they made Captain Cold overall for it.

Grodd is set to enter this week.

Arrow has first 2 seasons on netflix. There's a Suicide Squad ep which has a quick Harley cameo

Gothem is getting better as it goes they just needed to figure out how they want to do the show some.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Veldie said:
Flash has been amazing so far I love how well they made Captain Cold overall for it.

I'm looking forward to that!

Arrow has first 2 seasons on netflix. There's a Suicide Squad ep which has a quick Harley cameo

Gothem is getting better as it goes they just needed to figure out how they want to do the show some.
Is the Squad episode this year or season 2 on Netflix?!?!?

Gotham is just so odd. It makes me want to see Batman all the more. I keep asking myself where this is going. The most off putting thing about it is that Batman is still a fantasy character, yet the violence in some of these episodes is worse than anything from "The Dark Knight".

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Gorfias said:
Veldie said:

I'm looking forward to that!

Is the Squad episode this year or season 2 on Netflix?!?!?

Gotham is just so odd. It makes me want to see Batman all the more. I keep asking myself where this is going. The most off putting thing about it is that Batman is still a fantasy character, yet the violence in some of these episodes is worse than anything from "The Dark Knight".
it's going to be both actually. Season 2 has a ep and a 2nd one is set later this current season.

While Amanda Waller isn't a ugly ***** the girl playing her is doing it well.

Honestly just watch last few eps of season 1 for story then try season 2. Roy really starts to develop along with Thea.

He's currently fighting as Arsenal.

Both shows already greenlit for season 4 and 2

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
I enjoyed the episode well enough, and recognized The Black Diamond (more like the Purple Diamond, amirite?) from DC's magical lore. I get that in a series like this, with angels and demons and what-not running around, a Deus Ex Machina is bound to come up sometimes, but John's the kind of guy to trigger them. He's a Magnificent Bastard like that.