Cooking Mama: The PETA Version

tijuanatim

Sep 24, 2008
sv93 said:
JakubK666 said:
For every animal that PETA refuses to let die, I'll eat three.
Diddo. Lets start a club!
Haha check out my new desk top background Mamma Kills animals! [http://s480.photobucket.com/albums/rr170/SV-93/?action=view&current=Picture1.png]
Count me in!!

I took the pledge to be a veg. Now Im going to Outback Steakhouse and ordering the biggest, bloodiest piece of meat they have.

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
This isn't the first anti-video game game PETA has made, but this really doesn't seem like the one I would pick. What about Zelda, where they encourage you to pick up chickens AGAINST THEIR WILL and force them to carry you across large gaps before hurling them to their doom!?

[/sarcasm]

But seriously, you want to hate PETA, watch the episode of Penn & Teller's Bullshit (That's the name of the show, not random profanity) about PETA.

T'Generalissimo

Nov 9, 2008
Oh man, this game was truly hilarious. I particularly like the page afterwards that let's you request that Majesco create a vegeterian Mama: http://getactive.peta.org/campaign/mama_kills_animals

Here's my request:

I love the Cooking Mama series and PETA's new parody of it was truly hilarious. I would love to see Mama make more aggressively carnivorous recipes or even a game with just cannibalistic recipes. There is no doubt that I would play it!

Animals raised and killed for food have no federal legal protection from the horrific abuses that they suffer, including neglect, mutilations, chronic pain, and crippling, and I would love to see a Mama who understands that she is only a character in a video game and therefore isn't particularly relevant to the moral and social debate over vegeteriansim and meat.

Please consider doing whatever you like with your own series and not being swayed by the aggressive and unreasonable attacks of PETA.
I think we can really speak to Majesco and make a difference if we all pitch in.

Feb 13, 2008
Watch the 'Bullshit' episode to really hate PETA.

Now, apart from smelling a slander lawsuit, I'd really enjoy playing 'Slaughter with Mama'.

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
Hrm...is the goal of the game to make me disgusted by eating meat or to feel empathy for the birds? By making the creature so disgusting to handle and manipulate in-game, I end up losing all emotional connection to the animal itself and welcome its death.

GyroCaptain

Jan 7, 2008
The parody defense here is on very thin ice, should Nintendo choose to get touchy. Yes, it falls under parody in fair use to some extent, but that's not as encompassing as they think. The alteration of the Cooking Mama logo could easily qualify as trademark dilution regardless of parody, and unlike a Something Awful faked boxcover it's an actual game: fair use frowns on material possibly hurting the original through providing something similar (which is why Weird Al always gets permission). This is before you even consider the brand image damage related to depicting acts of violence to a child audience and fitting generally into destructive parody or libelous material.

I really hope Nintendo DOES get mad and takes them to the cleaners. The sad thing is, if Mama DIDN'T "learn her lesson" I'd almost be tempted to play it myself (On a mirror, traffic can only encourage them).

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Watch the 'Bullshit' episode to really hate PETA.

Now, apart from smelling a slander lawsuit, I'd really enjoy playing 'Slaughter with Mama'.
Ah "Bullshit"...

I love how PETA will firebomb Vets for putting down animals yet they have those enormous Pet Corpse freezers for all the animals they've had to put down due to... whats that... Over Crowding! Why, that's even MORE inhumane than putting them down to end their suffering.

Really, my biggest problem with PETA is this... what is the end goal? What becomes of all these animals after they are released from their human bondage? Really, what? 'cause I have no stonking clue.

Dr Pussymagnet

a real piece of shit
Dec 20, 2007
I'm sick of PETA, just sick of them, especially some of their followers.(I don't mean all of them, just the kind I'm about to describe)

I read one of the eating threads in their forums and I saw a post that talked about how this guy got into a conversation with this girl who told him that she didn't want to be a vegetarian and that he shouldn't try to convert her into being one if she didn't want to.

And what does the guy do? He goes on about how he doesn't get what the big deal was and why she wouldn't want to become a vegetarian.

Maybe it's because you're trying to force your beliefs on to someone else who really doesn't give a shit? The worst part was that most people agreed with him.

Raven28256

Sep 18, 2008
I HATE PETA

This is why no one takes them seriously. They portray people who eat meat as ruthless, bloodthirsty barbarians. Need I remind PETA that homo saipens are designed to be OMNIVORES? It is the nature of our species to eat both plants and meat. We are designed to do so. I'm not about to make myself live off of dietary supplements because I'm not getting everything I need after swearing off meat and animal-based products.

Cruelty to animals is something to fight against. I love animals. The thing is, PETA approaches this shit all wrong. They portray people who eat meat or use animal products as evil barbarians, and their propaganda is batshit crazy. These people want us to start milking human females for our dairy needs because doing it to cows is cruel and compare farming to the Holocaust. Yes, these people compare butchers who make their living providing us with meat to Nazis killing Jews in gas chambers. Then there is shit like this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/82/Your_Daddy_Kills_Animals.png

Oh, and they are hypocrites. Half the people they get to model in ads supporting PETA don't even believe in their teachings. What is the point in getting a famous face when you are selling out your own morals?

PETA, you will NEVER get popular support if you continue this course of propaganda. This is why myself and many, many others write you off as borderline ecoterrorists.

Satosuke

Dec 18, 2007
PETA is nothing but a terrorist front group. Ever hear of the Animal Liberation Front or Rodney Coronado? PETA's funded them before. This aforementioned exercise in copyright infringement is fearmongering and propaganda at its worst.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
PETA and Greenpeace have a lot in common,

Most of Greenpeace's original members quit when the group radicalized, because you know, they love the environment, they don't hate their fellow man.

Zac_Dai

Oct 21, 2008
Kwil said:
PETA's a mixed bag. They've managed to get some really good things done for animals.

Their campaign against KFC has caused the Canadian franchise to re-evaluate the way they slaughter chickens and look to moving to a more humane method than the current one which often has their guts being pulled out of them while they're still alive.

They've gotten McDonalds to move partially toward eggs from free-range chickens as opposed to eggs from 3 chickens stuffed in a 1 foot cube cage for their life, with their beaks sawed off so the animals don't peck each other to death while in there.

The are primarily responsible for the decline in the acceptance of fur among the populace, something which is extremely important when you consider that some furriers, especially in China, skin the animals while still alive.

They are primarily responsible for a large decline in animal testing where such testing is completely unwarranted, such as testing solvents etc. in the eyes of rabbits, even though human physiology is different enough as to make such tests worthless, and the solvents are never intended to be put anywhere near the eyes.

On the other hand, they go way the hell over the line in a lot of cases, being generally unconcerned about causing emotional pain to the human animal, and there being various rumours about their connection to the ALF.. a group that will occasionally cause physical suffering to humans in the pursuit of their cause. And their attacks on particular individuals I find to be pretty reprhensible. So even though I personally support a number of their goals, I've stopped providing any sort of support to their operations.. my donations go to the WWF or Humane societies instead.

Des Krieg: Your comments are a red herring. Sure, nature may be cruel, does that excuse us our own behavior? If humans lived solely according the rules of nature, we'd be up in trees flinging feces at each other. (These days we use forums, allowing our feces to fly much further) One of the priveleges and responsibilities of humanity is that we have these brains capable of ethical thinking so that we can rise above the brutality of nature.

In addition, while what you describe may be the ideal, the modern slaughterhouse processes around 400 head of cattle/hr. At those speeds, there simply isn't time to line up a clean shot every time. A fair number of cattle get strung up by their back legs, swung along a chain line, and get gutted while still alive. It's even worse for smaller animals, such as chickens which often get their wings/legs torn off while they're live by workers throwing them into bins and conveyors for later processing.

I'm not against killing for food, but I think we have a responsibility to ensure that our killing isn't any more painful than it needs be, and unless you're buying from local farmers that produce in small quantities, odds are you're supporting companies that cause needless suffering to animals in pursuit of the bottom line.
I'm with this guy, I like the tasty meat and dairy products animals provide me so in returning the favour I want to make sure they live good lives and get slaughtered humanely as possible.

Also factory farmed meat tastes like shit, in fact a recent study found battery raised chickens are bad for you because they have feck all protein and contain high amounts of fat.

Sadly like greenpeace, PETA are just extremist nutcases that hinder the positive change they are after.

Dr Pussymagnet

a real piece of shit
Dec 20, 2007
Raven28256 said:
I HATE PETA

This is why no one takes them seriously. They portray people who eat meat as ruthless, bloodthirsty barbarians. Need I remind PETA that homo saipens are designed to be OMNIVORES? It is the nature of our species to eat both plants and meat. We are designed to do so. I'm not about to make myself live off of dietary supplements because I'm not getting everything I need after swearing off meat and animal-based products.
This.

The hardcore vegans do exactly that and they are the ones I hate.

I was looking around the forums a little more and...well why don't I just post a link.

http://www.peta.org/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10413

The OP tried to be as nice as possible by explaining what she does for a living, and what do the hardcore PETA veterans do? They jump all over her and attack her for it!

Also, some of those peoples signatures are just absolutley stupid.

EDIT:Nope, now I've found the worst post on the website.

forget him then! whats more important to you earths animals or your fiance? besides if he truly loves you he should be able to give up meat for you!!! give him the option that youll either leave or he stops eating meat! because if he still says he wont stop you probably shoudnt marry him anyway
See? They really do value animal life more than human life!

So your saying that making someone a new vegan isnt worth manipulation? I would manipulate someone in a second to add a new vegan to the group!

And you say love is exepting who people are???? No thats not our message... we should still respect people to a certain degree but we shouldnt just accept animal eaters we should try to change them anyway we can.
Example of a hardcore vegan at it's finest.