Cool things happening to you

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Ok, so, how heavy did it make your head feel? Well, assuming you managed to inhale without hocking up a lung.
Didn't really make my head feel anything. Kinda made my mouth taste like ashes. Managed to avoid the hocking of lungs. Overall didn't see the appeal... which made me want to try again to see if I wasn't "getting it right". Eh, but I won't, tho. Trying to improve my cardiovascular fitness right now anyway, talk about self-defeating.

xmbts

Still Approved by Shock
Legacy
May 30, 2010
Country
United States
Well today I get to attend a work appointment with one of my favorite clients, so that's pretty cool.

Reactions: Chimpzy

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
5 months after deciding to drop out of grad school in the face of a pandemic, I've gotten a job! Actually, I got two offers, and struggled choosing between them over the weekend. In the end, I chose to work for a company founded this year and still getting off the ground, in the idealistic belief that I can make a bigger impact working there, side by side with the avaricious belief that I'll advance to higher positions and pay quicker with less internal competition.

It'll be land surveying to start, but I'm also their very first small drone licensed pilot hire. They're looking for a mentor for me (I'm hoping for a friend of mine from school who they like, who made the wiser decision of going immediately to work rather than wasting a year at grad school), but aside from that, I'm foundational to the aerial survey side of their business. Which I fully believe is gonna be big.

And the pay is above my upper range estimate for a starting position, and by a decent chunk! I've spent the day filing intake paperwork and home searching. Work starts next week.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
More industry awards. More 1st places from our state association of broadcasters. Not really a cool thing happening as far as I'm concerned (we generally get one or two a year and we already own one NAB Marconi,) but in reading several threads in these forums I see a lot of the hate directed toward the "mainstream media" so I figured I'd just chime in here. As a middle finger, kind of saying "***** I'm so mainstream media, that the rest of the mainstream media regularly recognizes us as outstanding in the field of mainstream media. Enemy of the people here, peace." Of course to people without the conspiracy mindset that just means other broadcasters are recognizing us for hard work, and that does mean something to me. To them, thanks. As opposed to a middle finger.