Cool weapon!

Ironmaus

Nov 29, 2007
I'm a fan of any sniper rifle, the landshark gun from Armed & Dangerous, the fuel air bomb from Mercenaries [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb1e0pD8CkE], and the goop gun from UT but...

My favorite weapon to use, hands down, is the sticky grenade in Halo 2.

XavierMcV

Nov 30, 2007
Oh, how could I forget to mention the nuke in Shadow Warrior.
Extremely fun in a death match.
You run around looking for your prey when you suddenly hear "3... 2.... 1... all systems ready."
Run, hide and pray!

soladrin

Sep 9, 2007
mhm..

Red Faction flamethrower, oh man, shooting aint working.. "throws magazine as a fire grenade"
That red faction shoot through walls infrared sniper thing that raped the entire map.
Maulers from Halo 3, hands down favorite close combat weapons.
Strange Sword of Haste in Diablo one (i had a perfect one "muhahaha")
Any Grenade launcher/cannon in the Armored Core series, explosions deluxe!

now for super weapons..

Redeemer, BFG 9000, Ion/airstrike Painter, NUKES NUKES NUKES any nuke = good

And offcourse, the mega powerfist in Fallout 2 super sledge hammer too... and gauss rifle :D

MrCIA

Nov 24, 2007
The Flak Cannon from the UT series. How can one not like the most vicious shotgun/grenade launcher combo ever created by mans desire to inflict pain on the the universe?.

MrCIA - Certified Flak Monkey.

Zera

Sep 12, 2007
Its funny that noone mentions the good old Mega Buster from Classic Megaman. After you beat your opponent with it, you get their power. Its funny how the simple things are usually the most effective.

Katana314

Oct 4, 2007
I like any type of olden rifle that makes a nice crack, a one-hit-kill, and has the lovely bolt-action sound. Like the ones in RE4, or WW2 games like Day of Defeat.

Dec 4, 2007
For me, it has to be either the Smartgun from the AvP series, or the Lancer from Gears of War. I mean, the Smartgun is just so ludicrously awesome in its concept. And on top of that it makes that perfect sound, that singular gunshot noise that all games should aspire to have. The noise it makes just grinding through hordes of drones was just so...satisfying.

On the other hand you have the Lancer. The Lancer's not only a great ranged weapon, but theres just something so deliciously novel about charging out of cover in a screaming bayonet rush of Chainsaws. I mean for fuck's sake. Chainsaw bayonets. And then theres the blood spatter from that thing, holy shit.

MacCarth

Nov 18, 2007
Super Mario 64 Lightning Bolt
Cel Damage - Axe
Dead Rising- Shopping Cart
Final Fantasy (all of them) - Gunblade
Legend of Zelda's - The Cane of Byrna

SilentHunter7

Nov 21, 2007
The Death Star II in Empire at War: Forces of Corruption. Yeah, it's really cheap, but oh so satisfying.

The Air-Tazer in the original Syphon Filter. Anyone who's ever played knows that making low-poly terrorists burst into flames is always fun.

And Gears of War's chainsaw needed a mention.

Copter400

Sep 14, 2007
The Ratchet and Clank series has always kept me entertained with a weapon that turns even the biggest adversary into a farmyard animal. One example is the Quack-O-Ray from the third game. While at first turning your opponent into a duckie, it upgrades to make the ducks lay explosive eggs, then making the ducks themselves explode, then making the ducks home-in, then making the first enemy you turn the ray on into a demon duck that follows you and attacks your enemies for you.

Hellfire72

Dec 5, 2007
while not technically a weapon, more of a special move. i would have to say that babalities from MK:Trilogy take the cake. Turning your opponent into a baby to defeat them? awesome.

also
Scorpion's spear
A paintball gun with a long barrel and scope!!!
Bunker Buster from Mercenaries