Could Batman defeat the entire Avengers?

tiamat5

Aug 6, 2008
Certain Avengers yes but all of them? No. And don't bother with that 'Batman beat Superman so he can beat Avengers' Superman has a specific weakness that Batman always uses to win against him. Many Avengers like Wonder Man, Vision, Herc and Spiderman have no specific weakness for him to exploit. And he can't make Thor doubt himself like he did Green Lantern so not much chance of him taking him out. Spiderman has more stamina, strength and agility then him. Wonderman has an endless energy source, Herc is a God and so is Ares. Then they have powerhouses like She Hulk and Hulk and I am pretty sure Hyperion and Sentry are Avengers too.

BiscuitWheels

Jan 10, 2009
Remember back in the good ol' days? Back when Batman was just a cool hero, taking on deformed mobsters in a gritty urban setting? Not, inexplicably, being the most powerful superhero in the universe? I blame Wizard Magazine for this sorta shit. They where big into the "If Batman had time to plan, he could be Galactus!" crap in the 90's.
So what I'm saying is..No. He shouldn't be able to beat the Avengers. But he's popular still, despite a brooding bore. So he'd be written to at least fight them to a draw.

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Supahewok said:
JUMBO PALACE said:
The danger for him is being found out. Thor would probably be the major threat since he doesn't have any obvious weaknesses
Thor does have a weakness: becoming unworthy of wielding Mjolnir. Although having that happen wouldn't incapacitate him like Kryptonite does to Superman, he'd be knocked down to a level that Batman could find a way to deal with him.

The question is, could Batman figure out a way to make Thor unworthy that wouldn't be against his own moral code? For instance, planting a baby at a battle scene where Thor would accidentally kill it would be right out. Perhaps a variant of Scarecrow's drug could cause Thor to hallucinate an experience that made him think he was unworthy. However, since I don't read comics, I don't know if Thor's relationship with his hammer works that way.

The answer to OP's question is simply "depends on how much time of their life a writer is willing to waste to figure out how to do it."
It'd be something similar to when he made Green Lantern believe he should have his power ring.

Though honestly, no. The closest we'll probably ever see to what you're suggesting OP was Zemo tearing them apart and making them fight each other. Batman just doesn't have the muscle to take them down.

Chaos Isaac

Jun 27, 2013
HybridChangeling said:
Iron Man: EMP that could go through his shielding.
Hulk: A serum to shut down his mutation.
Captain America: Power Armor Batsuit, repeatedly punching him the head.
Hawkeye: A pair of scissors to the bowstring
Black Widow: She is a human, right?
Falcon: Supermetal Batarang to the wing
Ant Man: Electric Batarang into the power supply of the suit, shutting it down.
Quicksilver: Ground glue or something, he sprays everywhere.
Thor: Some sort of mass canceler device that makes it barely able to give a good hit AND/OR a glove with Thors dna maybe?
Vision: Force him to his phasing, stick him in wall
Spiderman: Some sort of genetic nanobot that destroys his spider mutation.
You know half of these are just wrong, yeah? Now when i'm saying this, i'm taking plot armor out of the equation, which is Batman's true super power.

Iron Man pretty much is immune to EMP's, even then, has alien armor.
Hulk would kill Batman before the supposed serum took affect.
Cap is a fair one, but it's a close one. I can see Cap beating up Batman even with a powersuit. It's kind of a toss up.
Hawkeye is kind sorta that way, but Batman generally would win.
Black Widow would shoot him in the mouth pretty quickly and call it a day, but that's just me being real on this one.
Falcon is kind of in the same boat as Hawkeye and wouldn't really win.
Ant Man, is kind of a toss up, but as I assume that Batman would ambush him out of his suit or something, i'd say the win goes to Batman.
Quicksilver would just stomp on Batman. Even if you stop him from running super fast, the rest of him can still move super fast, and he'd just wreck Batman.
Thor would laugh and hit him with a hammer. No contest.
Vision would win. No contest.
Spiderman would win. He's just kind of superior, and I don't think you could seperate spidey's genes like that without killing him, so Batman wouldn't do that. And knowing how all super-clashes end with a punch up, Spidey would win.

I mean, sorry if I don't subscribe to the Batman is godlike despite being a man that writers have kinda made him out to be. Batman could take some Avengers, but there are others he just has no chance of doing his own things.

Czann

Jan 22, 2014
If he had time to prepare, yes. Batman would mop the floor with the Avengers.

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
As this said the entire advengers(all 300 of them?) im gong to say no.

Thor(all of them), Ms. Marvel(all of them), She Hulk, and Rogue(permently has Wonder Mans Power) are functionally Superman without a Kryptonite in this.

Reed, Stark, T'Challa are as smart as batman and have more or the same resources.
The Pyms(Ant/Wasp) and Banner are as smart but don't have the world spanning resources.

you have atleast one elemental force(uni-power),~ 2 cosmicly aware people,
and I have no idea how Deadpool or Squirrel Girl special attributes will play into this.

Even if you just take the current lineup
Thor, Ms. Marvel, and Rogue are a problem