Could Batman defeat the entire Avengers?

FillerDmon

Jun 6, 2014
K12 said:
Well certainly not at the box office. Boom!
I had to quote this because it was such a good laugh, and I tried to stop it honestly.

Though actually, how did each one do in terms of making money? World Wide, not just the Box Office, since that's supposedly more limited? Pacific Rim apparently sucked said generic american stuffy old reviewer, but the rest of the world supposedly creamed its pants on it.

Edit: If my research is correct, Batman v Superman came out in March and made almost 900 Million. Meanwhile, Avengers 2.5 came out 2 weeks ago and is almost close to beating that.

Jesus, Batman had 2 Months to prepare ahead of time and is not doing too well even -with- Superman's help.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Batman is pretty much as brilliant or as idiotic as any given writer plays him in any given comic. One day he's intricately plotting out hypothetical war games that predict exactly what a dozen maniacal super-villains would in a given situation; the next his keen detective mind is failing to recognize a villain he spent months stalking and fighting when he's right in front of him. (At least twice.)

I am perfectly capable of enjoying Batman, at least some strains of same. But given that Tony Stark alone checks most of the same boxes (and Natasha Romanoff fills in any he misses and then adds a passel of her own), I think it's reasonable to assume that, short of perhaps a year of preparation on Batman's part leading the Avengers into an ambush which they manage to stumble into flat blind, the Avengers win. And possibly even then, unless they're already significantly worn down.

I mean, Thor's a god. And not the kind of god you can kill off with a green rock, either.

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
I think he'd do pretty damn good against Falcon, Widow, Hawkeye, Black Panther. In fact I think he'd clean the floor with 'em. Then again, they're just guys in suits too. But none of them have achieved the feats the likes of Batman single-handedly. Ok, not in the limited comics that I read in my younger days anyways, obviously I'm happy to be proven wrong in this regard it's just theory anyway. They just seem more like support characters, for when things need to be dealt with kind of subtly.

The rest, I think he'll have his hands a bit full. Captain at the bottom of the list, then progressively getting harder (considering his fight against Superman, even when Bats was old, was not won easily and only because he exploited Supes weakness):
-Captain America: pretty one-sided predictable method of fighting, but still as fast and definitely hell lot stronger than Bats
-Hulk: He's only low on this list IF Bats has a way to turn him back into Bruce, chemical or otherwise. If not, then bats is screwed.
-Iron Man: Plenty of tricks up his sleeve, a hard fight to plan for, and like pointed out above, he's probably got protection against the obvious things like EMP attacks
-Spider Man: About on par with Iron Man, but mainly because his spider sense makes him damn near impossible to pin down and land a hit on. So it would have to be a matter of tricking him into something. And include counter-measures against that webbing.
-Thor: Face it, this is just another Super Man fight, with no obvious weakness. So, I don't think so man.
-Vision: Don't know enough about him to comment, sorry. Thanks if you made it reading this far though!

K12

Dec 28, 2012
FillerDmon said:
K12 said:
Well certainly not at the box office. Boom!
I had to quote this because it was such a good laugh, and I tried to stop it honestly.

Though actually, how did each one do in terms of making money? World Wide, not just the Box Office, since that's supposedly more limited? Pacific Rim apparently sucked said generic american stuffy old reviewer, but the rest of the world supposedly creamed its pants on it.

Edit: If my research is correct, Batman v Superman came out in March and made almost 900 Million. Meanwhile, Avengers 2.5 came out 2 weeks ago and is almost close to beating that.

Jesus, Batman had 2 Months to prepare ahead of time and is not doing too well even -with- Superman's help.
Yeah my understanding of BvS box office was that it opened very strongly and attendance plummeted pretty bloody fast after word started getting out while Civil War started very well (zooming past Winter Soldier but then since it's the unoffical Avengers 3 that's kind of expected) and has been staying strong.

BabySinclair

Apr 15, 2009
No prep-time has been pretty well covered, he can take the folks at or just above peak human, including Cap and Winter Soldier. Panther's suit might be a bit too much for Batman's regular arsenal to handle.

With one-sided Prep-time and the first move, a lot of it would be the same kind of BS from Tower of Babel, exploit weaknesses and or try to disable/contain the ones he can't beat.
Hulk: get him in a room and flood it with enough "happy" neurotransmitters to bring him out of hulk (or keep him from changing) and lock him in there.
Iron Man/Warmachine: try to find an exploit in the armor? Warmachine's the easier of the two but Stark's newest suit might be impossible to deal with
Spiderman: Ethyl Chloride, his own version of kryptonite that can shut him down hard
Vision: Electricity might slow him down (at least in Civil War) though it becomes a matter of using enough to trap him without letting him blast his way out
Thor: Making him unworthy wouldn't be enough since he'll still be to strong and fast to contend with, probably go the Wonder Woman route from Tower of Babel and use hallucination inducing nanites to keep him fighting illusionary opponents forever because he has no real way to actually beat him
Black Panther: Electricity?
Ant Man / Wasp: Assuming he can't create a counter to Pym Particles, best he can do is try to lead them into a trap/containment field.
Scarlet Witch: He has one shot to take her down while unaware before she mops the floor with him
Quicksilver: His plan for the Flash actually worked so this one would could be prepped for
Doctor Strange: Good luck, unless he can find some form of magic immunity, the best he can hope for is a one hit KO with complete surprise.

With prep, he might be able to take half the ones he normally couldn't, but that's with stacking him with the first move advantage and one-sided prep.

xaszatm

That Voice in Your Head
Sep 4, 2010
FillerDmon said:

K12 said:
Yeah my understanding of BvS box office was that it opened very strongly and attendance plummeted pretty bloody fast after word started getting out while Civil War started very well (zooming past Winter Soldier but then since it's the unoffical Avengers 3 that's kind of expected) and has been staying strong.
You want an even more shocking fact? Deadpool beat Batman v Superman in the Domestic Box Office. That's right, an R-rated comedy staring a no-name, juvenile mercenary did better than a movie staring both Batman and Superman in the United States. Good job Zach Snyder.

Orga777

Jan 2, 2008
First off, which Avengers and which Batman? If it is ANY live action movie Batman against the movie Avengers... lol. No. Movie Batman's are not good enough. Not one of them act deductive or smart enough to be able to beat the Avengers. Heck, in BvS, the only reason he was able to "beat" Supreman was because Supes went in completely distracted and wanting help to save his mother. Also, no movie Batman has any way to beat Thor or Hulk. Or Vision. Or Scarlet Witch. None of which have a kryptonite weakness to exploit. Yeah, movie Batman can't really do crap on his own.

Now, if we take them at their best... STILL no. I am sick and tired of this "Batman can beat anyone" Gary Stu crapola. If Superman wasn't Superman, do you really think Batman could beat him? If Superman really wanted to, he can just nuke the whole Batcave from orbit. If he really wanted to, he can fly into Batman going the speed of light and turn him into a bloody skidmark. It is no different against the Avengers. While there are not a whole lot of characters on Superman's level, Batman is still totally outgunned. For all of Batman's supposed greatness, all he is in the end is a less effective, less powerful, and less intelligent Doctor Doom, who himself can only beat a whole Avengers team with god powers or large elaborate plots that use multiple people and events to get what he wants.

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
Kenbo Slice said:
Realistically, no. But fanboys and DC writers would have you think otherwise. Now The Flash? He could defeat the Avengers easily.
Yeah. It seems like any time they want a credible threat to the flash on the show it has to be "this guy goes even faster" because if you can't hit someone you can't beat them. I haven't read the comics though, so I don't know how they handle giving him worthwhile villains there.

Politrukk

May 5, 2015
People seem to be forgetting that Bruce Wayne is still a human and the Avengers (especially the movie versions of them) have no qualms with kicking ass first and asking questions later.

Thus Bruce Banner and Thor would break every bone in his body expecting him to be something like Captain America an empowered human.

Flathole

Sep 5, 2015
Well, The Hulk is indestructible, Thor is a literal god, and Tony Stark somehow has more money and more potent technology then Batman, buuuuuuut...

avengers end up bruised and beaten, tied to lampposts with super-duper indestructible rope next to a police station, with cardboard signs hung over their necks saying "Send to: Gotham prison."

springheeljack

Red in Tooth and Claw
May 6, 2010
I think a lot of people are just assuming that Batman would try to take on all of the Avengers by himself. He does have his own group of Super friends to call upon after all and they at least seem to work better as a team then the Avengers. Batman would be smart enough to know that he cannot beat them all on his lonesome. Especially since Thor and Hulk are damn near invincible.

irish286

Mar 17, 2012
One on one with knowledge about the avengers, yes. Every power the avengers have he's faced something similar before and won. Hawkeye, Blackwidow, Capt. America, and Falcon would be a joke as he fights people like them on a regular basis. With the Hulk, he's beat him before. I don't see why he couldn't do it again. For Thor it's just a matter of dodging him and playing mind games until he convinces Thor he's unworthy of the hammer just like Loki has done. Iron man's the one that will put up the real fight. Batman has so many ways of immobilizing Ironman it's ridiculous. Ironman also has a ridiculous amount of way to get out of being immobilized. But Batman is much faster that Ironman. If Batman can slow Ironman down enough that he can slap one of his breaching charges on his armor it's game over. (If batman's breaching charges can make it through 3 ft of reinforce concrete it can make it through his armor.)

Qizx

Executor
Feb 21, 2011
irish286 said:
For Thor it's just a matter of dodging him and playing mind games until he convinces Thor he's unworthy of the hammer just like Loki has done.
Yeah, "Just dodge a God" who's God long life has been spent training. And clearly Batman is on par with Loki THE GOD OF TRICKERY in his ability to trick someone.

FillerDmon

Jun 6, 2014
xaszatm said:
FillerDmon said:

K12 said:
You want an even more shocking fact? Deadpool beat Batman v Superman in the Domestic Box Office. That's right, an R-rated comedy staring a no-name, juvenile mercenary did better than a movie staring both Batman and Superman in the United States. Good job Zach Snyder.
I'm both happy and sad about that. Sincerely, I -like- Superman. For many of the same reasons I like Captain America. The "Truth Justice and the American Way" super hero played straight? I enjoy that so much! Part of why seeing him in the cartoons (speaking about the Justice League and Superman: The Animated Series mostly) was always so enjoyable! And -SOMEONE- needs to give Marvel some competition (admittedly slightly biased since the only mcu movie that's been even average in my books was the Hulk).

So seeing DC just flat out fail to deliver, be it because of complaints over cinematography or because of dark tone being used where it doesn't need to be, or because they're -blatantly- trying to play catch-up rather than be patient and weave the same level of rich lore and narrative... I mean, I'm still enjoying the All-Day-Party-Helicarrier with Mahvel Baybe, but there's a part of me that is sad inside for DC.

springheeljack said:
I think a lot of people are just assuming that Batman would try to take on all of the Avengers by himself. He does have his own group of Super friends to call upon after all and they at least seem to work better as a team then the Avengers. Batman would be smart enough to know that he cannot beat them all on his lonesome. Especially since Thor and Hulk are damn near invincible.
Well, that's a different question entirely. The op, or at least my understanding of it, was Batman vs Mahvel, not DC vs Mahvel, which would be a much better and more interesting fight. Superman, Flash, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, Green Lanturn (the John Stewart version, damnit!), Cyborg, Raven, Robin, Starfire, Zatanna, Shazam :)P), Green Arrow, there's a lot of guys who could be called in and put in movies to make things legitimately more interesting. Though I wouldn't want to use just comics to decide this, if only because on both sides the comic book writing has been kinda shitty.

The problem is that so many people have the "If Batman has enough time to gather resources and tactical info, he could beat the Terran Dominion, Protoss Kalhal, and the Zerg Brood all by himself with one hand tied behind his back" mindset. Just invent some random Bat-DeusExMachina to get out of dealing with a situation with decent writing, supposedly.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Batman tends to find ways to deal with everybody, because he doesn't have a social life. Bruce Wayne may be there, but he hasn't been millionaire playboy by anything but name in a long time. Outward, he's chatting up other rich folk. Inwardly, he's thinking of ways to handle 'loose ends'. I can believe that - given enough time and effort - Batman can think up clever enough ways to pull a win against any person, regardless of their...everything. He's obsessive about it.

Orga777

Jan 2, 2008
irish286 said:
One on one with knowledge about the avengers, yes. Every power the avengers have he's faced something similar before and won. Hawkeye, Blackwidow, Capt. America, and Falcon would be a joke as he fights people like them on a regular basis. With the Hulk, he's beat him before. I don't see why he couldn't do it again. For Thor it's just a matter of dodging him and playing mind games until he convinces Thor he's unworthy of the hammer just like Loki has done. Iron man's the one that will put up the real fight. Batman has so many ways of immobilizing Ironman it's ridiculous. Ironman also has a ridiculous amount of way to get out of being immobilized. But Batman is much faster that Ironman. If Batman can slow Ironman down enough that he can slap one of his breaching charges on his armor it's game over. (If batman's breaching charges can make it through 3 ft of reinforce concrete it can make it through his armor.)
Right. No. This is all wrong. As I said earlier, for all of Batman's supposed greatness, he is nothing more than a less effective, less powerful, and less intelligent Doctor Doom. Doctor Doom is better at EVERYTHING than Batman except hand to hand combat. He has magic and superior tech to even Iron-Man to even that little "weakness" out. Doctor Doom doesn't beat every Avenger and he has more knowledge on them than Batman could ever get in a short amount of time. So why should I expect Batman to beat them all on his own even with prep time when Doom can't without god powers or overly elaborate plots that use multiple people and events to get what he wants? Because DC has bad writers that like to fap off Batman as Jesus Christ Superstar?

Also, I like how Batman is faster than Iron-Man now... a guy that flies and has jet boosters... God, I can't stand some Batman fans these days. Also, by this point and time in the comics, a "breaching charge" will do absolutely nothing at all to Tony's armor. :/

irish286

Mar 17, 2012
Orga777 said:
irish286 said:
Right. No. This is all wrong. As I said earlier, for all of Batman's supposed greatness, he is nothing more than a less effective, less powerful, and less intelligent Doctor Doom. Doctor Doom is better at EVERYTHING than Batman except hand to hand combat. He has magic and superior tech to even Iron-Man to even that little "weakness" out. Doctor Doom doesn't beat every Avenger and he has more knowledge on them than Batman could ever get in a short amount of time. So why should I expect Batman to beat them all on his own even with prep time when Doom can't without god powers or overly elaborate plots that use multiple people and events to get what he wants? Because DC has bad writers that like to fap off Batman as Jesus Christ Superstar?

Also, I like how Batman is faster than Iron-Man now... a guy that flies and has jet boosters... God, I can't stand some Batman fans these days. Also, by this point and time in the comics, a "breaching charge" will do absolutely nothing at all to Tony's armor. :/
Do you really want to go there? Fine, If we're going with "at this point" Batman wins hands down in an instant. Batman is currently sitting on the Mobius Chair. Also, you ***** about Batman being a marry sue and you pull up one of the marvel universe's? Doom gets defeated because of his ego. Something Batman doesn't have a problem with. Batman has a counter for every avenger because he has faced and defeated someone with the same powers as the avengers at some point. Even fighting the hulk himself and winning.