Could you actually..?

SamFancyPants252

Sep 1, 2009
In games, we're expected to do all sorts of terrible things, and lately the fad for games is killing people and animals...such as in FPS' and even in some kids games. But, my question is; Could you actually kill a man? It sounds easy in theory but do you think you could actually pull the trigger and end someone's life?
And to what boundaries? For me, I think I could/would only kill someone if I felt mortally threatened such as in a house invasion or a war.
What about you?

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
In self-defense, or if that man horribly wronged me. And hardness of it would depend on my mood - i'm a bit unstable.

Generator

May 8, 2009
Omikron009 said:
Maybe in self defense, but I don't think I could othewise.
Probably only in this, too. Unless they were truly horrible people who had wronged many others and who absolutely deserved to die. But, no matter what, it would be incredibly hard.

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
If in self defense and if it was for something I was passionate about. Not just for the sake of racking up the kill count.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
It's one of those things you'll never know unless confronted with the situation...

I think I could do it if myself/someone I care for/The innocent were threatened...

Just Pman

Oct 18, 2009
I don't think I could kill some one even truly evil. I mean if I did kill this said evil person, he would have died and been gone. But, if I had allowed him to live, he could have a child who would do good, or maybe he would change for the better, or maybe just start a domino effect that would end positively.

Really, I strongly believe that it is not in the hands of one man to kill another.
(AKA whoever has not sinned be the one to cast the first stone)

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
I don't think I could end someones life no. But killing things in games is nothing new. You think those poor koopas who were crushed under the weight of an obese Italian just walked away. You think those poor ghosts survived being digested by a yellow ball with teeth (Well okay their eyes float back to the starting pen but shut up)?

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
pimppeter2 said:
Only if its a Frenchmen.
But i'm part french... last time I help you get a Snuggie.

I doubt I could, I would much rather just beat them until they are blinded by blood and hope they crawl into oncoming traffic.

ctrl-alt-postal

Nov 16, 2009
Well, I nearly have accidentally.

But, intentionally, only if it was a life or death situation, ie; self-defence, defence of another, was the leader of a doomsday homocide cult ect.

pimppeter2 said:
Only if he's French
What's you beef with the cheese?

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
TheNumber1Zero said:
pimppeter2 said:
Only if its a Frenchmen.
But i'm part french... last time I help you get a Snuggie.

I doubt I could, I would much rather just beat them until they are blinded by blood and hope they crawl into oncoming traffic.
Do you live in France?

Sion_Barzahd

Jul 2, 2008
i believe everyone can be made to kill another person. Heck i'd go as far as to say its human nature.

So yes i believe i could kill someone