Could you actually..?

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
pimppeter2 said:
TheNumber1Zero said:
pimppeter2 said:
Only if its a Frenchmen.
But i'm part french... last time I help you get a Snuggie.

I doubt I could, I would much rather just beat them until they are blinded by blood and hope they crawl into oncoming traffic.
Do you live in France?
No but I quite like the French, and I probably have a relative or two, seeing as I have them everywhere, even in Japan.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
TheNumber1Zero said:
pimppeter2 said:
TheNumber1Zero said:
pimppeter2 said:
Only if its a Frenchmen.

I doubt I could, I would much rather just beat them until they are blinded by blood and hope they crawl into oncoming traffic.
Do you live in France?
No but I quite like the French, and I probably have a relative or two, seeing as I have them everywhere, even in Japan.
You are exempt from my wrath.... for now...

MagicMouse

Dec 31, 2009
It depends on how many points i get. 20? no. 100? yes!

seriously tho, if i beleive the world would be better off without you, i want you dead. wether or not i could actually do it, however, is something that cannot be determined untill confronted.

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
MagicMouse said:
seriously though, if I beleive the world would be better off without you, I want you dead.
You may want to look into a little something called Death Note, I think you'll quite like the Protaganist/Antagonist.
pimppeter2 said:
TheNumber1Zero said:
pimppeter2 said:
TheNumber1Zero said:
pimppeter2 said:
Only if its a Frenchmen.

Do you live in France?
And as for the rest of France?

The Random One

May 29, 2008
I think I could. Don't know how I'd act in the real thing, but I'm a cool-headed person. If it was really necessary I think I wouldn't hesitate.

Curiously, I always try to be the nice guy in videogames and almost never go on a murderous rampage. I even avoid needless casualties.

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
SamFancyPants252 said:
In games, we're expected to do all sorts of terrible things, and lately the fad for games is killing people and animals...such as in FPS' and even in some kids games. But, my question is; Could you actually kill a man? It sounds easy in theory but do you think you could actually pull the trigger and end someone's life?
And to what boundaries? For me, I think I could/would only kill someone if I felt mortally threatened such as in a house invasion or a war.
What about you?
I have mentally prepared myself for this possibility. I believe that within my life time the US will fall (even if it still claims to be the US but have abandon the Constitution). I am preparing the materials necessary to retake the US or at the very least some of the former states. I also see the possibility of invasion from outside the US. All it would take is a few nations radicalizing and deciding to invade, but now I am off topic.
OT: Yes I am able to kill to defend myself, my family, and my friends. But peace is alway the first option.

LeQuack_Is_Back

May 25, 2009
Only in self-defense, and even then it'd probably be accidental. I doubt a gun would even be involved, if I had a firearm I'd probably trip and end up shooting myself with it (clumsiness DOES NOT MIX with weaponry, EVER)

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
TheNumber1Zero said:
pimppeter2 said:
TheNumber1Zero said:
pimppeter2 said:
TheNumber1Zero said:
pimppeter2 said:
Only if its a Frenchmen.

Do you live in France?
And as for the rest of France?
Don't push your luck

D-Cypher

Dec 25, 2009
Not without reason, but at the same time if I was given a gun and put in a room of convicted murderers/rapists/child molesters and told if I dont kill them they get set free i'd probably be able to pull the trigger.

A similar question, what about killing 1 innocent to save others? How many would it take for you to pull the trigger? 1 child? 10 random individuals? 50 old people? Where does the "greater good" line lay?

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
Without hesitation, if I had to.
And it wouldn't bother me, either.
I completely lack empathy. I can't imagine feeling anything for the death of another person, even if they died by my hand.
And I struggle to understand why anyone else would.

DJude

Jul 1, 2009
if i was threatened enough or if they were trying to kill me i would do anything to kill them first or if at the moment i had a seemingly good enough reason to kill them then i would, like if i knew that they had killed several innocents for little or no reason at all

kannibus

Sep 21, 2009
I will quote Saren on the subject:

"First, never kill anyone without a reason. Second, you can always find a reason."

I don't believe in randomly killing people for no purpose, that would be psychotic and despite claims and snorts of derision to the contrary I am not psychotic. However, if it's gotta be done I might as well do it. Lord knows, at least then it'll get done with a certain high level of quality.

Nov 18, 2009
In self defense or in the defense of one dear to me? Yes, would I regret it? Not immediately, but I might need counseling after about ten years, might, but I'd like to think that my conscience is stronger then that.
I'd definitely like to stay out of the military, not so much as to stay away from killing people, though I have no interest in that either, but to stay away from people trying to shoot me.

YoUnG205

Ugh!...
Oct 13, 2009
It all depends on the situation, but I doubt that i could unless I was in the Most extreme situations.

Samcanuck

Nov 26, 2009
I'm in the military. I don't see the issue personally. I have yet to have the chance to or the reason to...but I joined up with that idea in mind. Somebody ordered me to shoot, and I wasn't morally against the reasons to shoot and was legally in the right, I would most definetely pull the trigger. But to worry about killing because its killing...no.

Who knows though, have to wait and see for the situation to arise to see if you have the resolve. But if animals are any indication, and my angst for humanity still holds true, I see no reason to lose my nerve.