Could you actually..?

mrF00bar

Mar 17, 2009
Yes. Depending on the circumstances I wouldn't feel any guilt, if it were accidental I would probably feel bad about it for a while but otherwise no. Also it depends on who the person is, I could kill some scum bag chav in the street and laugh about it afterwards, if I had to kill my dad for what ever reason I would be pissed off afterwards.

traceur_

Feb 19, 2009
Gormourn said:
My intellect can suppress the pathetic instinct of empathy.

So, eh, I could probably do it. Wouldn't try unless there was no possible legal, ah, retribution, though. I'm more of a pacifist as it comes to most things...

But human life isn't worth shit by itself, just sayin'.
You say you have a trace of intellect, and yet you think empathy is pathetic?

Epic, epic fail.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Scarily, yes, I could. I simply have self control. But I reckon everybody could kill someone, potentially...

DarkLight523

Dec 1, 2009
If I had to, I would.
Now to define having to:
1. My life is in mortal danger.
2. The life of a loved one is in mortal danger.
3. The life of an innocent is in mortal danger (ie., children, elderly, non-combatants)

Underlining all of that is the assumption that I'm unable to stop the person without killing him/her. I've had knives pulled on me in the past and on only one occasion was I slashed. Every time, I was able to disarm the threat.

Guns are the wild card. They're primary function is to kill. I've personally witnessed acts of violence with guns. I've seen the damage that can be done by two men with the means and intent to do harm.

That said, if I could have killed them and prevented their shootout with the police, I would have. The only people who were killed that day were the two gunmen, but so many innocent people were shot.

I doubt many of you may remember, in 1997, two gunmen attempted to rob a bank in Hollywood, California. My father drove my family right past that bank when the first LAPD officers arrived. He then made a u-turn, hoping to see something exciting. It was during the second pass that the first shots were fired. Real freakin' exciting.

Anyway, I would kill only to preserve the lives of the innocent.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
You imagine someone there when you're at the range, you kinda get desensitized to the thought of someone actually being there. While I'm not 100% sure I could, I bet I'd be more likely to than the next guy.

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
With a gun or something else that just the push of a button. Probably not with a sword unless I'm fighting for my life.

EmoDan

Nov 11, 2009
Josh_V2.0 said:
I think I could. Not because I'm one of those idiots who thinks he's some sort of badass, but because I:
a) Don't connect with people as well as I should.
b) Would rather kill than be killed.
c) Think the planet is too overpopulated which gives me a reason other than "because this is war."
Of course I wouldn't do it without a good (solid) reason.
i wrote a essay all about how we need to thin our numbers as the earth is over crowded

but saying that i don't think i could take it upon myself to do the task myself but
if it was life or death
or a truly evil person
i think i could kill somebody and not be emotionally effected like you see in moves and anime

i sure as hell wouldn't cry about it afterwards and dwell on it if they truly deserved it

Admiral Stukov

I spill my drink!
Jul 1, 2009
Not if he is innocent or if I had to do it with my bare hands/melee weapon like baseball bat, crowbar etc...

Give me a sniper rifle and point me towards a rapist/murderer/etc and would put a bullet between the eyes.
Given i don't get punished for it.

And no it wouldn't bother me at all, I think I'll even feel happy about it.
If I had killed someone who didn't deserve it I would be a bit sad, then kill the one who gave me the order.

I'm a "Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth" kind of guy.

NIHILHATE

Aug 21, 2009
I almost killed a dude once. He might have actually died, I didn't stick around long enough to find out. I'd never kill an animal though.

SoftballchicK3

Nov 9, 2009
in self defense maybeeee. we all can say we would but when faced with the situation...what we've said may change. i probably would if i felt threatened, but its hard to tell..

Dys

Sep 10, 2008
I imagine I physicially could (not exactly small...), though I'm not sure how likely I'd be to do so. As I've grown up I've become quiet passive, it would take a lot before I decided to hit someone, and I certainly wouldn't be aiming to kill (accidents do happen though, I've heard of cases where people have died as a result of a single punch).

If my country was invaded I'd be right up on the frontlines, doing whatever possible to defend my family and way of life (though the way Australia is going any streaks of patrotism will be gone long before any such invasion could conceivably happen).

Rific

Dec 30, 2009
Yes I would kill someone. Life is far too valued these days. I don't see the point in most of mankind's existence. It would not matter what situation I would be in, if it were self defense or being in the military or anything I would still do it.