Could you guys fill in a quick thing for my Sociology homework? (No links required)

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
1)Yes

2)Yes

3)No

4)Yes

5) - Too subjective. My children, yes. Others, no.

6)No

7) -

8)Yes

9)Spiritual (as in not a formal religion but still spiritual belief, yeah?)

Rusman

Aug 12, 2008
1)Yes
2) No
3)No
4)No
5)No no no and no again!
6)No
7)N/A
8)Yes
9)Religious I guess

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
1)Do you have a Religion?
Raised a protestant, currently not adhering to any specific religion.

2)If yes, do you regularly attend church/equivalent?
No

3)Do you think that somebody has to regularly attend church/equivalent to be ?religious??
No

4)Do you think that Religion has a place in teaching children in terms of morality, etc?
Not primarily (at eg. school). No objections if morality is mentioned at church/synagogue/mosque/etc - as long as the main source of education is secular.

5)Should children be educated on a specific religion from a young age? (E.g. prominent religion in that area, religion of family, etc)
Educated as in "taught about all religions": yes.

6)Do you ever watch Religious television?
No.

7)If yes, how often?
Not applicable.

8)Have you ever taken an interest in Theism/Spirituality? (Buddhism, meditation, etc)
Yes

9)Which do you see more often where you live, Religious, or Theistic/Spiritual points of view?
Not much oriental spirituality around here, if that's what you're asking. Mainly atheists, with religious people mostly being either Catholic, or Muslim.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
No

No

No

Yes PROVIDED the focus is on the ethics themselves and not the fantasies behind them.

No, but in an ideal world a parent would be able to tell their children their beliefs but not force the child to follow them.

No (does watching YouTube clips of fundamentalist Christians and being equal parts in stitches laughing and rooted-to-the-spot petrified count?)

Yes, occasionally I look to Buddhism for advice.

Neither, mostly atheistic viewpoints where I'm from.

CCountZero

Sep 20, 2008
1) No
2) N/A
3) Yes
4) No
5) No
6) No
7) N/A
8) Yes[footnote]Meditation and Mindfulness, although neither are universally "spiritual". Both have been proven scientifically.[/footnote]
9) Spiritual

Archangel768

Nov 9, 2010
Yes
No
3)Do you think that somebody has to regularly attend church/equivalent to be 'religious'?
No
4)Do you think that Religion has a place in teaching children in terms of morality, etc?
Yes
5)Should children be educated on a specific religion from a young age? (E.g. prominent religion in that area, religion of family, etc)
Yes
Yes
7)If yes, how often?
Every day
At least once a month
8)Have you ever taken an interest in Theism/Spirituality? (Buddhism, meditation, etc)
No
9)Which do you see more often where you live, Religious, or Theistic/Spiritual points of view?
Religious (At home)
Theistic/Spiritual (Mostly everywhere else)

TheMatsjo

Jan 28, 2011
22 Year-old Dutch Male:

1) No
2) -
3) No
4) No
5) Yes
6) No
7) -
8) Yes
9) Spiritual

Good Luck.

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
DanielBrown said:
1)No

2)-

3)No

4)No

5)No

6)No

7)-

8)No

9)Religious I guess.
All of the same answers from me as well. Religion should be kept away from all children until they have been taught reasoning, rationality and are old enough to make independent decisions.

Craorach

Jan 17, 2011
No

N/A

3)Do you think that somebody has to regularly attend church/equivalent to be 'religious'?
No, Many people attend these places without being a "true believer" and have no desire to leave because of the community, and the support that community provides them, especially in times of need.

It can, depending upon the type of religion and the person teaching it. It does not, however, have a place being used to teach morality outside of the family unit or the religious organisation they chose to be part off.

If the parents chose to do so. However, any educational facility they are part of which receives any form of government funding should be required to give fair and balanced education about ALL major religions and at least an understanding of lesser known ones.

No

7)If yes, how often?
N/A

Yes, I find all religion and viewpoints on the world fascinating.

A mix of both, Religion being the most abundant, but only just.

IgniousMonkey

Nov 22, 2009
No

No

Yes

No

No

No

7)If yes, how often?
Never

No

Religious