Could you guys fill in a quick thing for my Sociology homework? (No links required)

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
For those wondering why I came to the escapist with this, it's because I live in an uncultured little chav-hub where all the answers would only be no, so this has a bit more variety to it.

But thanks for all the answers so far guys!

kickassfrog

Jan 17, 2011
1)Do you have a Religion?
No- well, not one that is formally recognised

2)If yes, do you regularly attend church/equivalent?
No

3)Do you think that somebody has to regularly attend church/equivalent to be 'religious'?
Yes

4)Do you think that Religion has a place in teaching children in terms of morality, etc?
No

5)Should children be educated on a specific religion from a young age? (E.g. prominent religion in that area, religion of family, etc)
Yes

6)Do you ever watch Religious television?
No

7)If yes, how often?
Already told you, nevaarrrrr

8)Have you ever taken an interest in Theism/Spirituality? (Buddhism, meditation, etc)
No

9)Which do you see more often where you live, Religious, or Theistic/Spiritual points of view?
Religious

Hope this helps

Zorg Machine

Jul 28, 2008
1)yes (because weddings and funerals are nice to have in a church)
2)no
3)no
4)no (some parts are good for teaching morality but due to the other parts it doesn't have a place in schools outside of religion and culture classes)
5)yes (they should be taught about all religions and if you come from a christian/formerly christian family, it's part of your cultural heritage. however, it should be taught like "and some people believe" or "and according to the old civilizations")
6)no
7)n/a
8)yes (I bet 90% of the people here who said no haven't thought about the fact that greek/norse mythology are theisms)
9)Spiritual

RedBeta22

Aug 28, 2008

-No

-n/a

3)Do you think that somebody has to regularly attend church/equivalent to be 'religious'?

-No

4)Do you think that Religion has a place in teaching children in terms of morality, etc?

-No

5)Should children be educated on a specific religion from a young age? (E.g. prominent religion in that area, religion of family, etc)

No

-No

7)If yes, how often?

-n/a

8)Have you ever taken an interest in Theism/Spirituality? (Buddhism, meditation, etc)

Yes

9)Which do you see more often where you live, Religious, or Theistic/Spiritual points of view?

-Religious

messy

Dec 3, 2008
1)Not really, there are moments when I do think their is a god etc. but I don't subscribe to any of the key texts as it were

2)No

3 No (Why would be need to take attendance?)

No

No, think they should get a little bit of everything, just to know what is out there

No

7)If yes, how often? A/A

8)Have you ever taken an interest in Theism/Spirituality? No

9)Which do you see more often where you live, Religious, or Theistic/Spiritual points of view? I'd say spiritual, horoscopes and what not and touching wood for good luck, does that count as spiritual?

Stalydan

Mar 18, 2011
No

N/A

No

No

No

No

7)If yes, how often?
N/A

No

Religious

Triangulon

Nov 20, 2009
1) No

2)N/A

3)No

4)Maybe

5)No (at an age they can understand, and all major religions)

6)No

7)N/A

8)Yes

9)Religious

Dapsen

Nov 9, 2008
re·li·gion
-The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, esp. a personal God or gods.
--No, I dont have one of those, it seems.

Blank.

No

No

No

No

7)If yes, how often?
Blank.

Yes

Religious

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
No

No

No

No

No

7)If yes, how often?
Every day
At least once a week
At least once a month
Once a year
Once every 2+ years

Yes if you mean Philosophical discussions since I am doing Philosophy in A-levels at the moment and I enjoy talking about it and debating.

Religious

rednose1

Oct 11, 2009
1. Yes
2. no
3. no
4. yes
5. yes
6. no
7. N/A
8. yes
9. spiritual

Hope this helps! Judging from the volume of response, you got your work cut out for ya.